Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:06 am

Gamora. wrote:
      My kitten is such a doll. She slept on my chest for an entire movie. If y'all want a super affectionate cat, get a sphynx! Fun fact, they are often called hairless cats, but they aren't hairless, nor are they hypoallergenic.

I've always wanted a sphynx. ;u; They're so cute and wrinkly and sweet. My dad doesn't like them though, he thinks they're ugly.
My youngest cat Pumpkin spends all of her time pretty much attached at my hip, but she's so aloof about it. She doesn't get super snuggly, she doesn't purr, she just curls up on top of my arm when I'm on my computer or on my chest when I'm taking a nap and pretends like I'm not there. eue She's a very weird little cat.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clove sevina » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:44 am

Queenie! wrote:
Gamora. wrote:
      My kitten is such a doll. She slept on my chest for an entire movie. If y'all want a super affectionate cat, get a sphynx! Fun fact, they are often called hairless cats, but they aren't hairless, nor are they hypoallergenic.

I've always wanted a sphynx. ;u; They're so cute and wrinkly and sweet. My dad doesn't like them though, he thinks they're ugly.
My youngest cat Pumpkin spends all of her time pretty much attached at my hip, but she's so aloof about it. She doesn't get super snuggly, she doesn't purr, she just curls up on top of my arm when I'm on my computer or on my chest when I'm taking a nap and pretends like I'm not there. eue She's a very weird little cat.

I have a sphynx too! She’s so adorable, but VERY fat....whoops....
clove sevina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:14 am

Queenie! wrote:I've always wanted a sphynx. ;u; They're so cute and wrinkly and sweet. My dad doesn't like them though, he thinks they're ugly.
      My orange tabby boy is aloof about his affection too. He likes to rest on my shoulder when I'm laying down or curl up at my side touching me, but he doesn't like to snuggle. Meanwhile, my sphynx girl will sleep on me for hours. She really loves skin to skin contact too, like a baby haha.
    Lexa Woodss wrote:I have a sphynx too! She’s so adorable, but VERY fat....whoops....
      I'm pretty careful with the amount of food I give my baby because Sphynx cats have a high metabolism so they just want to eat all the time. They'd eat all day if you let them! I'm happy to hear there is another Sphynx cat owner here!

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clove sevina » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:57 am

Gamora. wrote:
    Queenie! wrote:I've always wanted a sphynx. ;u; They're so cute and wrinkly and sweet. My dad doesn't like them though, he thinks they're ugly.
      My orange tabby boy is aloof about his affection too. He likes to rest on my shoulder when I'm laying down or curl up at my side touching me, but he doesn't like to snuggle. Meanwhile, my sphynx girl will sleep on me for hours. She really loves skin to skin contact too, like a baby haha.
    Lexa Woodss wrote:I have a sphynx too! She’s so adorable, but VERY fat....whoops....
      I'm pretty careful with the amount of food I give my baby because Sphynx cats have a high metabolism so they just want to eat all the time. They'd eat all day if you let them! I'm happy to hear there is another Sphynx cat owner here!

I’m trying to limit the amount of food i give her, but it seems like she gets fatter every day despite me having her share food with my Siamese kitten. I’m glad I’m not the only sphynx owner here!
clove sevina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:01 am

Lexa Woodss wrote:
Gamora. wrote:

I’m trying to limit the amount of food i give her, but it seems like she gets fatter every day despite me having her share food with my Siamese kitten. I’m glad I’m not the only sphynx owner here!

Have you talked to your vet about that? It could mean there's something wrong if she's gaining weight seemingly out of nowhere. Could there be any chance she's pregnant?
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clove sevina » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:50 am

Have you talked to your vet about that? It could mean there's something wrong if she's gaining weight seemingly out of nowhere. Could there be any chance she's pregnant?

She’s probably eating my kitten’s food. Highly doubt it, she was spayed as a kitten.
clove sevina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 am

Lexa Woodss wrote:She’s probably eating my kitten’s food. Highly doubt it, she was spayed as a kitten.

Ah, in that case you should probably feed them separately, or put the kittens food in a place where she can't reach. When I used to have 2 cats, we'd feed the younger one up on the counter cause the older one would try to scare him away and take his food, and it was easier to keep watch over that way.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:28 pm

The best would be to seperate them for feeding, yes. We used to have that problem as well, with both cats and dogs. It can be a bit annoying because you spend a bit more time watching them eat or keeping them seperate, but it's worth it. My general advice is to feed in the morning and in the evening and to stay with them during that time. It's best because then you can keep track of how fast and if/how much they eat way better.
I am not a sphynx expert though, I out myself as a disliker ^^ I've had other cats for years though :)
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:20 am

Seconding that advice. There are two sphynx kittens in my home, my roommate and I got ours at the same time from the same breeder, and our sphynx eat in a separate room from the furry cats. They also have a super high quality food due to their fast metabolism and how much protein they require to keep warm.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lichen_Licker » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 am

sorry to go a bit off topic here, but could anyone help explain what my cat is doing? we have two — 9y female and 5y male, both fixed. they tend to get along well enough, even if they annoy each ther from time to time.
anyway, the female just had a vet visit without him where she stayed at the vet for a few hours, and since she got back, he’s been really upset with her. hissing a lot, always keeping an eye on her, the works. it’s been a day and a half or so since she got back and the smell is probably mostly gone, and none of us really know why he’s upset. any thoughts? thanks so much! c:
probably off somewhere in a fantasy world.

Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
I'm mostly ever active around events (:
gifted: ~203 people
Lichen_Licker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me