Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby pizzas and scream » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:59 am

i should ask the vet to re-evaluate Gary's lip smaking and burping right? she didn't say its a problem. he is not throwing up or anything.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:01 am

i got home from a 2 week holiday
wiki has opened up his ear to the point we recon he will have a scar.

im not sure who spotted it my dad or brother but they told me the day they found it and took him to the vet apprentley happened the day before or somthing. from what i can see i am hoping his ear wont have a hole in it just scaring on the tip but we will see. the joke has been hes trying to be like the other two cats i have with nicks in there ears.(now i have somthing to all all 3 of them, the scared ears XD)

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:15 am

Yeesh. So, thank you guys for helping me earlier. But now the problem has gotten more intense.

We're bent on leaving asap. Like, next year or so asap. And what's worse, they want my cat declawed by then, AND they want a new dog shortly after. Impulsive and ridiculous, I know.

I just want to ask. Will my cat lose all of her trust in me once her claws are gone, and especially after we move? Did they with you? Will she become more aggressive and frightened? Well, I think that's inevitable, but how can I make this huge transition less stressful? I'm terrified for her.
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:34 am

Does anyone here have a purebred cat?
I have been speaking to an Oriental Shorthair breeder and I’m considering putting a deposit down on a cinnamon spotted tabby boy from their litter.
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever purchased from a reputable breeder, or even been to a cat show?

I’m curious about beginning to show!
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:08 am

ru. wrote:Does anyone here have a purebred cat?
I have been speaking to an Oriental Shorthair breeder and I’m considering putting a deposit down on a cinnamon spotted tabby boy from their litter.
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever purchased from a reputable breeder, or even been to a cat show?

i'v been to shows for cats but not helped at any . I do help at a dog show once a year tho ,held at the same time so i go and chat with the cat vollenteers(9 times out of 10 the owners/breeders) once im done. Don't own any cats from a breeder.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:36 am

I don't own sny cats from a breeder either mind were all rescued I would eather give a shelter cat a home then purrchase from a breeder. ((Yes purrchase waa on purpose.))

Also cat shows require you to bath your cat so good luck with that.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coppercanary » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 pm

I own a purebred British Shorthair! She’s such a sweet little girl. We got her from a rescue centre in a nearby town, but we’ve never taken her to any shows because she has a bad limp from previous mistreatment. She’s a black silver mackerel tabby.

If you’re looking for a particular breed or colour, or want to go into showing your cats, it would be best to buy from a breeder; however, if you’re just looking for a companion, it is better to adopt from a rescue centre.

// canary // they/them // ecology student //

hey! the name’s canary, i like to draw
things i enjoy are cats (esp genetics),
reading, dragons, and birds
// artfight // toyhouse // click the babas //

coppercanary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skypoppy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:45 pm

I have a purebred Russian Blue! (I’m allergic to cats, the breed is hypoallergenic) I would talk to your breeder about wanting to show- I know a lot of breeders won’t let you show with a pet quality cat or without them partially owning the cat, because if he does well, they may want to breed him. That’s what we learned from our cat’s breeder, but really, you should talk to your breeder!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hey! i'm sky!
i like music and animals
i have a lot of nostalgia for this site
so i hop on occasionally
always open to trades, my pets
are kinda rotting
she/her

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

skypoppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Finally figured out where my mainly outdoors cat has been going to get absolutely drenched from the neck up.
Turns out there's a small pond behind our home he's been hanging around lol. He's not in any danger, I just thought it was kinda funny.
Hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Thank you all for the insight!
For anyone wondering, I have chosen an Oriental primarily for their temperaments! They are very friendly, needy, in-your-face affectionate and dog-like cats which is exactly what I have always wanted. It is exceptionally difficult to find in a shelter/rescue situation and it’s even more unlikely that any rescue kitten I take a chance on will mature to have that type of personality. :))
My other cat is a rescue! I don’t support irresponsible breeding but there is nothing wrong with a healthy cat from a responsible breeder.

@Captain Thomas - I understand your concern/apprehension about buying a cat from a breeder. I know that rescue vs breeder is a touchy subject. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting an animal from reputable and responsible breeder. It is a personal choice. :) Also. It is not difficult to bathe a cat if you condition them from a young age. I bathe my other cat semi regularly. (About twice a year) No need for the snark 🙃

@Canary - British Shorthairs are adorable! It’s great that you were able to find her through rescue! I would love to see a photo of her she sounds precious! My other/current cat is actually a rescue as well. He was my foster fail and I’ve known him since he was just 3 weeks old. He is a Ragdoll mix from a hoarding situation.
I love him to death! But I decided to go with a responsible breeder for my 2nd cat because I am looking for a VERY specific temperament/personality type and I need to raise him from kittenhood to ensure that he is good with my dog, my other cat, and my lifestyle in general. I don’t want to take a chance with another rescue and have it not work out as I can’t have more than two cats and i don’t want to have to rehome a cat that’s not a good fit. I want both of my cats to be with me for the entirety of their lives and I want them to live as long as possible. So health is another important factor for me!
The possibility of showing is just a plus! 😊

@epiphanies Allergies is a great reason to go to a reputable and responsible breeder.
I have actually spoken to my breeder about wanting to show and she has put me in touch with her partner that regularly shows her cats for her.
I haven’t decided yet if I seriously want to go down the show path or if I just want to keep him as a pet only. I’m sort of concerned about having an intact male in the house as I have always neutered my male cats.
I have just been interested in gathering insight from other non-breeders who have dipped their toes into the show world! :)

| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me