operation p.a.w. ;; don't let the howls stop

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

New Thread!

Yay! *Throws Confetti*
48%
*sniffs* New Thread Smell! <3
32%
We Didn't Need a New Thread! :U
12%
Thank Goodnes, way to Much Spam in the Old One....
8%

Total votes : 818

Re: Re:

Postby 7_Lone_Wolf_7 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Sweetfurwolf wrote:
little wild thing. wrote:
        i, little wild thing., will dedicate myself to helping wolves have a better future. i swear to give my all in protecting these beautiful creatures, and will help in anyway i can.

hallo, there, i'm little wild thing. ^^ my username is all backwards right now because it's a p r i l . f o o l ' s day, but anywho...

i personally find wolves beautiful creatures. their howls are spine-chilling, their coats are just gorgeous, and i'm making a book-thing with wolves as the main characters as well, but that doesn't change the fact that they can kill you even if you're supposedly the biggest wolf fan in the world. seriously, if they think you're a threat, they won't hesitate to defend themselves. they are not cuddly bunnies that will snuggle right up to you like in books and movies.

as for hunting, i support it. learn the difference between hunting and poaching, just, please. poaching leaves orphaned pups, not hunting. hunting is controlled. if there are too many wolves, then the animals the wolves eat will decrease. if wolves' prey decrease, then the wolf numbers will fall too. since taxidermy is related, i would like to ask you a question: would you rather your precious wolves rot on the ground, or would you rather have their beauty preserved?

hm, i thought i had more to say on this. i'm a little tired right now so forgive me for any mistakes. ^^

wild

Ermagersh can I have a hug too? ^u^;

I almost have the same opinion as yours.

I believe wolves are very much so beautiful, with striking features, beautiful coats, and as you put it, "spine-chilling howls".
I don't completely agree with the concepts of hunting wolves, but I do agree with most of them. With the factor of the increase of population, and a few other things that I can't exactly thing of at the moment, but other then that, it's sometimes hard to stand knowing that these beautiful creatures are being killed :/

I had so many strong opinions on this matter, but lol, I'm tired.
Sorry if this will cause an uproar of upset wolfaboos (whatever that means, and just kidding about the wolfaboo statement xD)

I, Moonlight Forest, will dedicate myself to helping wolves have a better future. I swear to give my all in protecting these beautiful creatures, and will help in anyway I can.

I completely agree with both of you but I have to admit that I agree with Sweetfurwolf a bit more when it comes to hunting wolves. I understand that some people hunt them to survive but what really makes me mad is that people who raise cattle dont even attempt to think of an alternative if their cows are attacked. They just reach for their guns. I've watched a documentary about wolves where a rancher used a recording of territorial wolf howls to keep the other wolves away.

The only reason in my opinion that wolves should be killed is to protect the environment. If the population is too large, then it is reasonable in my point of view for them to be killed. But it is hard for me to say that because they are such beautiful creatures.

If it was possible for their population to stay under control without grabbing guns, then we should take nature's hints to leave them alone. If people think before they act, fewer of these beautiful creatures would die if the went to use recorded territorial howls instead of guns. I absolutely love seeing how many people are listed on the front page of this thread. I always felt like I was the only person who cared about wolves and I'm glad I'm not. I hope that the howls never stop. <3
ImageImage

"I'm the one who gripped you right and raised you from Perdition"
~ Castiel

⇠⇢

"No, not really. We have guns and we'll find you."
~Sam Winchester

⇠⇢

"Family don't end in blood, boy!
~Bobby Singer
7_Lone_Wolf_7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby Grimace » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Moonlight Forest wrote:If it was possible for their population to stay under control without grabbing guns, then we should take nature's hints to leave them alone.

Sure there is, but it involves much much much more suffering for the wolves themselves, and a million other problems for people and other animals.
Grimace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: operation p.a.w. ;; don't let the howls stop

Postby 1dodge2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:44 pm

i found a site were they take wolves who died at zoos or breeders, soft mount them, and sell them and donat the money to DOW. I'll try to find it again!
dodge
~ he/him ~
Pet's name: marble
1dodge2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pidgeoncat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 am

Have you guys seen this facebook page yet? Sick..

They don't even save the skins. They just burn it all. Ugh.
pidgeoncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sweetfurwolf » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 am

Just checked the page out. Utterly disgusting, I may say. I even seen a comment that said "A good wolf = a dead wolf" like, quite honestly?

And thanks Moonlight Forest.
It's just honestly, so hard, for me to see reason in wolves been killed. I know I've said it once, but sometimes, I don't accept the fate that wolves are given sometimes. I understand if the population becomes too much of a problem, but other than that, just for fun, I just.. I can't.
And as some may know, the population of some species of wolves have dropped over the years, almost bringing them to complete extinction, and "hunting them for fun/ or sport" doesn't help.
I agree with most people's opinions, but it's hard to side with some.
Sweetfurwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pidgeoncat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:08 am

I mean, trying to cut the population because there are too many wolves is needed.

But killing them for sport makes you look like a heartless wretch.

Even if you are just trying to cut the population down, but all you do is burn the bodies is absolutely sickening. At least save the skin to sell for taxidermy, come on.
pidgeoncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sweetfurwolf » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:10 am

^ Agreed.
Sweetfurwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - ; bonk! » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:24 am

glace wrote:Have you guys seen this facebook page yet? Sick..

They don't even save the skins. They just burn it all. Ugh.

While I support hunting for sport (Remember, I only support it when it is done humanely, quickly, legally and in season.), that is absolutely sickening. It's horrifying that people do this.

I like wolves, but I'm not a full on wolfaboo. While it is kind of sad people kill them, that's just how the world works. They are beautiful creatures, though. If people want to hunt, that is completely fine with me. I support legal hunting all the way. I would never hunt anything if my life was on the line, though, because I'd feel super guilty. I love animals and even though I'm fine with others killing them I don't think I could ever bring myself to shoot, unless I seriously needed it to survive.
I just wish wolfaboos could accept facts. Some do, and I love people who support wolves and are smart about it. What annoys me is this:
"I;'m human by birth, wolf by heart. Wolves shouldn't die, they're beautiful. Someday I'm going to runaway and run with the pack, and the wolves will not hurt me when I pet them because they're beautiful and don't ever hurt you unless you hurt your pups."
People, wolves will attack you if you get close (Some exceptions, like tamed ones meant for that.)
If you go out running into their pack, I guarantee they're going to eat you. Nothing will change that.
Please don't scream at me for having an opinion, people ^-^

basically? i'm kinda a big deal.
✦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

lee || genderfluid || 18+
highly inactive
but i show up once in a blue moon.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
i mean, d'ya even know who you're talkin' to?
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 7_Lone_Wolf_7 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Sweetfurwolf wrote:

And thanks Moonlight Forest.
It's just honestly, so hard, for me to see reason in wolves been killed. I know I've said it once, but sometimes, I don't accept the fate that wolves are given sometimes. I understand if the population becomes too much of a problem, but other than that, just for fun, I just.. I can't.
And as some may know, the population of some species of wolves have dropped over the years, almost bringing them to complete extinction, and "hunting them for fun/ or sport" doesn't help.
I agree with most people's opinions, but it's hard to side with some.

No problem. It just makes me sick to my stomach when I look up images of wolves and I find pictures of hunters with at least 20 dead wolves piled up in a trailer.
And I do kind of understand what you are saying .:Kat:. but that doesnt make it any better or give people any more right to kill wolves. People should imagine themselves in their situation. They have families larger than ours to feed and nobody tries to understand them. People are scared by them and instead of trying to conquer those fears, they turn and grab a gun to eliminate the source.
ImageImage

"I'm the one who gripped you right and raised you from Perdition"
~ Castiel

⇠⇢

"No, not really. We have guns and we'll find you."
~Sam Winchester

⇠⇢

"Family don't end in blood, boy!
~Bobby Singer
7_Lone_Wolf_7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bookworm5515 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 am

I, Bookworm5555, will dedicate myself to helping wolves have a better future. I swear to give my all in protecting these beautiful creatures, and will help in anyway I can.
Bookworm5515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me