Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby cornspurrd. » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:52 pm

possibly picking up a calico kitten later this week. Maybe

On the other hand, Leo is doing great! He's so stinkin cute
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:04 pm

I have another coat color genetics question! Can anyone help?

If a solid black female cat of unknown background had a litter with a brown spotted Savannah cat male (F5 generation or later) what would be possible outcomes for male kittens? (This is just for a story but I want to be accurate)
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Getting Cat Urine Out of Furniture?

Postby slccat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello! Recently, my boyfriend of 7 years and I got our very first apartment together. In it, he brought his couch that he had from his old home, and It is currently sitting residence in our living room. I got a cat over 15 years ago by the name of Lacy. I got her as a little baby kitten and grew our whole lives together. My boyfriend (who is NOT a cat person) allowed for my ancient calico to move into our apartment with us, because he knew how close of a bond we had. We normally keep a blanket or two on top of our couch (that he bought with his own money) to keep the dog and cat fur off. Well, my 15 year old cat decided to pee on it, and I am struggling to find a way to clean it. It is dried urine, and cushions noticeable. It must have happened in the last few days, but I need to find a way to get it out of the couch before he smells it. My boyfriend already doesn't particularly likes cats, so if he finds out that my decrepit cat had an accident on his couch, he would never let me gave a cat again. I need solutions to getting the urine out for good from the cushions. I clean her litter box weekly (if not, more than once a week) but I know she is old and sometimes lazy. I need help. We own a shampooer and "Odoban", a urine remover meant for carpet.
ImageImage
slccat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Getting Cat Urine Out of Furniture?

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:39 am

slccat wrote:Hello! Recently, my boyfriend of 7 years and I got our very first apartment together. In it, he brought his couch that he had from his old home, and It is currently sitting residence in our living room. I got a cat over 15 years ago by the name of Lacy. I got her as a little baby kitten and grew our whole lives together. My boyfriend (who is NOT a cat person) allowed for my ancient calico to move into our apartment with us, because he knew how close of a bond we had. We normally keep a blanket or two on top of our couch (that he bought with his own money) to keep the dog and cat fur off. Well, my 15 year old cat decided to pee on it, and I am struggling to find a way to clean it. It is dried urine, and cushions noticeable. It must have happened in the last few days, but I need to find a way to get it out of the couch before he smells it. My boyfriend already doesn't particularly likes cats, so if he finds out that my decrepit cat had an accident on his couch, he would never let me gave a cat again. I need solutions to getting the urine out for good from the cushions. I clean her litter box weekly (if not, more than once a week) but I know she is old and sometimes lazy. I need help. We own a shampooer and "Odoban", a urine remover meant for carpet.

I'm assuming the couch is fabric, yes? In that case, using the urine remover on the couch should be fine. I use an all-purpose "pet stain" remover personally, but if the carpet spray is all you've got, it should do. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub it out. If the smell persists, you could try an odor eliminator spray, I believe Febreze makes one specifically for pet odors.
You should also get into the habit of cleaning her box every day instead of once a week. Old cats are, as you said, lazy, and if they see that their box is even a bit dirty too often, they'll find somewhere else to go. Trust me, I know, I have a 14-year-old cat myself and she'll go and pee in our laundry baskets if there's even one poop in her litterbox.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 pm

the cat who would rather snuggle than eat breakfast. that is totaly normal and a sign of sheer love right? sometimes I give Gary the morning meal but he just walks around yelling and looking at me, looking for me, following me. that is what love and domestication does. or is he just not that hungry in morning?(but he will try hard to eat my cream of wheat. even if it has no butter)
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am

So my mother got mad at my oldest cat for running outside and rather then let him go she puts him in my bathroom closes the door telling him he's in timeout. I of course was like no that is torture because 1 cat has no access to water. 2 it's my bathroom and 3 a cat doesn't understand timeout he just knows he's being trapped in bathroom with my mother telling him he's bad cat. I let him out cause that is not going to work in terms of teaching him a lesson. And she yells at me and I told not only is that not going help him he is a cat. He isn't a dog we own three cats and like you would think she would understand that locking an animal in bathroom is not even going to teach them a thing nor is it even okay.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Captain Thomas Lasky wrote:So my mother got mad at my oldest cat for running outside and rather then let him go she puts him in my bathroom closes the door telling him he's in timeout. I of course was like no that is torture because 1 cat has no access to water. 2 it's my bathroom and 3 a cat doesn't understand timeout he just knows he's being trapped in bathroom with my mother telling him he's bad cat. I let him out cause that is not going to work in terms of teaching him a lesson. And she yells at me and I told not only is that not going help him he is a cat. He isn't a dog we own three cats and like you would think she would understand that locking an animal in bathroom is not even going to teach them a thing nor is it even okay.

Sometimes people anthropomorphize their pets a bit too much, it seems. I'm guilty of it sometimes, too. But I don't just go shoving them into rooms to "teach them a lesson" like that. Maybe use this opportunity to teach your mom about more effective and humane ways to correct bad behavior.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 am

She was trying correct him for eating grass he never stops though and we gave three cats you would thinkshe'd know by now.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:32 am

Captain Thomas Lasky wrote:She was trying correct him for eating grass he never stops though and we gave three cats you would thinkshe'd know by now.

Correct him for eating grass?? That's a completely normal thing for cats to do....
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Thalassic wrote:
Captain Thomas Lasky wrote:She was trying correct him for eating grass he never stops though and we gave three cats you would thinkshe'd know by now.

Correct him for eating grass?? That's a completely normal thing for cats to do....

Unless the grass has pesticides or fertilizer or something on it, there's no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to chew grass. This page explains why grass is beneficial for cats. If they're outdoor cats, there's not much that can be done to make them stop, and "disciplining" them in that way isn't going to stop them at all. The most I could suggest is buying "cat" grass and putting it on your porch or wherever your cats like to hang out and hope they'll go for that instead.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────