Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Resplendent » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Helloo! :> I'm new to the thread so I might as well share my kitty <3

This boy here is Shaggy and he will be 10 years old next month! We've had him since he was 4 months old,
so he's been in my life for a long time.

He's a grumpy one but he does love his humans. He just doesn't want to show it

Resplendent
xxxxxxxi(she/her)
x━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxartist & writer • carrd
Resplendent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neverandnone » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:35 am

Last edited by neverandnone on Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:)
neverandnone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -------------- » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:42 am

I've one and she is so furry. Her name is pastor and eats more than me XD
--------------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 pm

Oh boy oh boy.
We just found out that our older cat of the two, Ash, has a fairly long cut just behind his shoulder.
It'll probably need stitches but the vets are all booked out today so we've got an appointment for tomorrow.
Recently our other cat Fluff got spayed so we used the cone of shame from her vet visit and put it on Ash to stop him from licking the wound as he was doing so constantly. Poor bugger hates it, although he is very food motivated so some TLC and biscuits later and he's dealing with the cone okay. The cut hasn't been bleeding but I was wondering if there's anything else I can and should do before we can get to the vet, as it's a full 24 hours until his appointment.

Update:
Went to the vet, got it cleaned and stapled. They said we didn't need the cone so we took it off and after 20 minutes he had the staples out. He's now got the cone back on and is healing fine. c'x
Last edited by Topsy Turvey on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Topsy Turvey wrote:Oh boy oh boy.
We just found out that our older cat of the two, Ash, has a fairly long cut just behind his shoulder.
It's going to need stitches but the vets are all booked out today so we've got an appointment for tomorrow.
Recently our other cat Fluff got spayed so we used the cone of shame from her vet visit and put it on Ash to stop him from licking the wound as he was doing so constantly. Poor bugger hates it, although he is very food motivated so some TLC and biscuits later and he's dealing with the cone okay. The cut hasn't been bleeding but it's about two centimeters long and almost one wide, I was wondering if there's anything else I can and should do before we can get to the vet, as it's a full 24 hours until his appointment.

Just limit his movement, make sure he doesn't rub it against anything, and make sure it stays fairly clean. You shouldn't use any ointments or peroxide or anything on it, just make sure it doesn't get super dirty or anything. The vet will flush it before they stitch it up anyway, so it doesn't need too much special attention.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:15 pm

So, I'm back with another...problem...ig.

So, Tally is actually a male cat and recently, like tonight... Chip started to act aggressive toward him. Tally is a kitten and Chip just got over an abscess, but they haven't acted like this before. Chip has only been belligerent when Tally tries to play with them, and Chip is v old.

I just don't know what's up with them and Chip hissed at me today, which is very rare for him to do to me as well.

We have yet to neuter the kitten, as well.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:52 pm

draiocht wrote:So, I'm back with another...problem...ig.

So, Tally is actually a male cat and recently, like tonight... Chip started to act aggressive toward him. Tally is a kitten and Chip just got over an abscess, but they haven't acted like this before. Chip has only been belligerent when Tally tries to play with them, and Chip is v old.

I just don't know what's up with them and Chip hissed at me today, which is very rare for him to do to me as well.

Part of the problem could be that the younger cat isn't neutered yet, so Chip feels that he and his territory are being threatened. It may not have been an issue before now because the kitten was too young to really do anything, but now that he's getting older his hormones are kicking in. Plus, Chip is old, and old cats tend to have a short fuse and want to be left alone.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:38 am

draiocht wrote:So, I'm back with another...problem...ig.

Neutering might help the situation a lot. It's possible that Chip has recently been able to smell that Tally is a male and therefore has started to see him as a rival/competition/an intruder in his territory, more so that he might with a kitten/female cat.

And if I recall correctly, you told us that you didn't go through with a slow and gradual introduction? When something like this happens, it can help to separate the two of them for a while and re-introduce them again (slowly, patiently, with supervision) to hopefully get them on better terms.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:48 am

ah, thank you, both of you!

I have talked to my mom, who may need convincing but I'm positive we'll get it done soon.

As for the slow introduction, it's more complicated than you might think it'd be, unfortunately But I may try once again for a slow intro, if chip allows me. By that I mean he has to be at the house, and he only comes inside when I'm about to go to bed, usually.

But my mom will agree; we would've gotten him neutered if he were a female cat, so I
don't see why we couldn't now.

I'm supposed to be inactive right now so I should go, but thanks.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triplethesix » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:06 am

i need help with behavioral issues from my cat. please pm me <3