Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Winstalgia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:12 am

@Animall
Thank you!

@Queenie!
Thanks as well!

"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–—π–Šπ–†π–˜π–šπ–—π–Š"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"π–Žπ–˜ π–˜π–Žπ–‘π–›π–Šπ–— 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–Œπ–”π–‘π–‰."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:43 am

After what feels like forever, my baby girl is finally home with me. 'Mora is an almost 6 month old Sphynx kitten and she is the sweetest. I absolutely adore the breed. She's so sweet and warm and I just adore her. Anybody else have Sphynx?
      β–ˆ
      β–ˆ
      β–ˆ
      β–ˆ
      β–ˆ
      β–ˆ
      β–ˆ
      β–ˆ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      β–Œ
      ♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
      service dog chat β˜† job chat
      β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:11 am

Gamora. wrote:
      After what feels like forever, my baby girl is finally home with me. 'Mora is an almost 6 month old Sphynx kitten and she is the sweetest. I absolutely adore the breed. She's so sweet and warm and I just adore her. Anybody else have Sphynx?

I wish I had one! I'll never be able to get one for quite a few years because I live with my parents, and them and most all my siblings think they are gross, they're my favorite breed though!
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooncherries » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:56 pm

My darling kitten, Zucchini, is burrowing under my covers a lot now that it’s Winter. Usually it’s when I have a super fuzzy blanket underneath (Sherpa one side & silky soft the other). Does anyone else’s kitty burrow & anyone know why they burrow?
╔════════════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
moony β™ŽοΈŽ she/her
hi i like mcyt and im not
active i love cookies esp
sugar cookies those things
are so good!!!!
i have 2 cats they are baby
always down for a chat!!
❀❀❀ discord server!
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

Mooncherries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incognito! » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Mooncherries wrote:My darling kitten, Zucchini, is burrowing under my covers a lot now that it’s Winter. Usually it’s when I have a super fuzzy blanket underneath (Sherpa one side & silky soft the other). Does anyone else’s kitty burrow & anyone know why they burrow?

I don't know why, but my old kitty used to! Even in summer, she would get under the covers. She's passed now, but my other two cats seem perfectly content to curl up on top of my blankets and fall asleep...

avatar art by my wonderful sister Cygnus,
      check out her gallery!

she/her | adult | med student
incognito!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:07 pm

My cat doesn’t really burrow, but she likes sitting on my bed when I have the heater on. She’ll sit under a blanket if I put it over her though
Hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:08 pm

Mooncherries wrote:My darling kitten, Zucchini, is burrowing under my covers a lot now that it’s Winter. Usually it’s when I have a super fuzzy blanket underneath (Sherpa one side & silky soft the other). Does anyone else’s kitty burrow & anyone know why they burrow?

It's usually just a comfort or play thing, from my experience. My cat Pumpkin likes to try and burrow under my laptop so she can get into my lap. Wynnie, on the other hand, will only really burrow under a blanket if she wants to play with my toes. lol
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
β•‘
β™₯
β•‘
β™‘
x
x
x

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present
β™‘

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:47 am

Chip and Tally get along now!

I never got the proper chance to introduce them though. Chip spends a majority of his time outside and only comes in at night when I have to go to bed; and in the morning my parents usually let him out.

But they get along now.

Muy mom went outside looking for Tally the other night and she thought the neighbors cat was her and so she crouched down and called it to her. Chip scared the other car off, and then walked away. My mom decided to follow him, and he brought her to the kitten in the back, and then they walked to the porch together.

They were sitting size by side this morning on the porch, and Chip was relaxed, so was Tally.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–—π–Šπ–†π–˜π–šπ–—π–Š"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"π–Žπ–˜ π–˜π–Žπ–‘π–›π–Šπ–— 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–Œπ–”π–‘π–‰."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incognito! » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:50 am

Astro,. wrote:Chip and Tally get along now!

I never got the proper chance to introduce them though. Chip spends a majority of his time outside and only comes in at night when I have to go to bed; and in the morning my parents usually let him out.

But they get along now.

Muy mom went outside looking for Tally the other night and she thought the neighbors cat was her and so she crouched down and called it to her. Chip scared the other car off, and then walked away. My mom decided to follow him, and he brought her to the kitten in the back, and then they walked to the porch together.

They were sitting size by side this morning on the porch, and Chip was relaxed, so was Tally.

Ah that's so great! I remember when we first got my cat Sneet as a kitten, my other two cats would hiss when she would so much as walk past them. Over time, we slowly got them to be civil with each other, and soon enough Sneet would cuddle up with Glenda on my bed. Cats are strange creatures :lol:

avatar art by my wonderful sister Cygnus,
      check out her gallery!

she/her | adult | med student
incognito!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:49 am

Hello! I'm new to this thread, but I thought it was interesting, so I'll stop by. So, I have a long haired tortie named Mabel. We got her from the pound, and we were informed that she was a young adult by the time we got her, but she looked a bit younger. I don't know much about her past, but I do believe that she did come from a not-so-good home. She was taken to the pound after growing up with this one owner for quite some time before they just.. got sick of her or something? Once we adopted her, she was spayed and given help for her respiratory infection she got from what I assume was her previous home. She was also awful scrawny too. Now, though, her infection's cleared up and she's now surprisingly big after having her for a year and a half (we got her in April of 2017).

But now I'm in a pretty bad situation with her. I was super lucky she even got a home with us in the first place, as my family really never liked cats too much. I was mostly the one taking care of her. As we're getting a little closer to moving out, my parents sat me down and talked about Mabel. They said that she needs to be declawed if she's going to move into the new place with us. And, if I don't want her declawed, then they're sending her back to the pound. Since she was given to them once, I don't think she'll live through her second time there without lasting too long. Those were my only two choices. I've talked them out of declawing her once we got her, since me and my grandparents both knew that declawing her would basically mean taking away her toes in the worst way. But this time, they're dead set on me making this decision. I have been afraid to reach talk about this with anyone for fear I'll be berated for having her declawed. I've literally told them how awful it was for a second time, suggesting claw caps or nail trimming instead. But they just shrug it off as me being way too paranoid. They had a cat in the past, see, and he was declawed too and lived out the rest of his life fine. So, they didn't believe he was ever in pain. When I told them he was, they got really mad.

So, there's nothing I can do. I have to either take away her toes, or surrender her to the pound again, where she might not last long. I feel like so much of a terrible owner for thinking about keeping her with me for the exchange of her claws. But I don't want her to die. I know declawing's inhumane and all that, but at this point, I have to. So, what can I do? Can I make the process any more comfortable at all? What specific litter will she need to use afterwords? And even more so.. how will she do in a completely different environment?

I'm scared so bad for her. But keeping it to myself will only make me feel worse.
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me