Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Kira Nightblade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:47 am

LafayetteIsBae wrote:Haha, I haven't been here in awhile lol

I have some bad news.. Does anybody remember Coco? Well you don't have to. He's dead.

I'm pretty sure he was hit by a car about 2 months ago and got inside injuries that we couldn't help with. And my bus was literally down the road so I couldn't help him.. and by the time I got home he was dead, and we buried him.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Losing a pet is such a hard thing D:
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi! I'm Kira, you can call me Sarah if you
want! I'm your average straight, home-
schooling christian, bookworm; who loves
Hunger Games, Warrior Cats, Maze Runner,
Wings of Fire, Fantasy, and just anything
related to.. Fantasy. I love border collies,
horses, and cheetahs. (or any dogs or cats)
also I really really really really love Owl City!
Please feel free to PM me to set up a roleplay!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

────────────────────( Image !! in your favor. )────────
Kira Nightblade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gay.exe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:51 am

hi, i have a cat!!

there seems to be something wrong with her eye (im not going to say what because im not allowed to) but we can't afford to bring her to the vet right now and my mom says it looks like she might have just scratched it too hard?? so she might be okay but im still worried. so please hope for my baby, i've been crying for ages now
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
wow hey there im gay and i like tea
i also like cats and blankets and warm showers
did i mention i like tea
how do people pick a favorite color
im vvvv chill so dont be afraid to confront me
i love photography and nature and also cats
please hmu if you need anything or just wanna chat
i love to gift so dont be surprised if you get gifted by me
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

eh whatever pronouns i dont really care
lesbian, but prefers the term gay !!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
` credit ` link ` link ` link ` link ` link ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
are you a forty-five degree angle because you're a cutie
oh i have pimples and im mediocre at best
give me tea
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
gay.exe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am

gay.exe wrote:hi, i have a cat!!

there seems to be something wrong with her eye (im not going to say what because im not allowed to) but we can't afford to bring her to the vet right now and my mom says it looks like she might have just scratched it too hard?? so she might be okay but im still worried. so please hope for my baby, i've been crying for ages now

You need a vet.
You can ask the vet for payment plan or look In to shelters who can offer help, if her eye is bad enough to be a concern then she needs care.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 am

gay.exe wrote:hi, i have a cat!!

Most vets will offer an application for a health care credit card called Care Credit (if you're in the US.) Just a warning, the interest rate when I was working at a vet was 26% which is pretty high.

You should call your vet. Ask about payment plans or if they offer Care Credit.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 am

Random question, but do any of you happen to know anything that might help with congestion?

My big tuxedo female gets really congested every winter. It’s not a URI and it doesn’t affect her eating, so I don’t need to run her to the vet, but I can see how swollen her sinuses are, and her nose is runny at times. I just feel bad.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bitters » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:32 am

xAbandon Ship. wrote:Random question, but do any of you happen to know anything that might help with congestion?

My big tuxedo female gets really congested every winter. It’s not a URI and it doesn’t affect her eating, so I don’t need to run her to the vet, but I can see how swollen her sinuses are, and her nose is runny at times. I just feel bad.

Hi there! If you've already been to the vet and know it's not a URI, I know a brand that makes supplements for runny nose support! It's called HomeoPet, and I believe it comes in drop form.

Chances are it is an infection if her sinuses are swollen... Too bad there's no neti pot for kitties.

My kitty is a sneezer in the winter and it also helped to permanently switch to a litter with a lower dust content and no added aromas.

Goodluck!
v Help me with my hoard? ♡ v
Bitters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bitters » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:04 am

Also SUPER fun fact for cat moms/dads who like to garden~

My cats love fresh catnip. Like an actual live, green leaf. Unfortunately I no longer have a yard outside that naturally grows it... I've bought 2 catnip plants from pet stores in the past, but it always dies within a month.

I wanted to try seeds to grow my own, but a lot of what you can get on Amazon labeled "catnip seeds" is either not viable or not even catnip. Too risky for my baby.

So I settled for the dried stuff... I bought a container and headed home to give my kitty some herb. Lo and behold, I bought a brand that sells dried catnip WITH THE BUDS AND SEEDS RIGHT IN IT. For kicks, I scattered some of the seed heads in with my aloe vera plant. 5 days later I have sprouts!

Juuust thought I'd share in case anyone here was also heading into winter with no fresh kitty weed. ♡ PM me if you want some more details on the nip and how I got it to grow!
v Help me with my hoard? ♡ v
Bitters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:16 am

Bitters wrote:
xAbandon Ship. wrote:Random question, but do any of you happen to know anything that might help with congestion?

Hi there! If you've already been to the vet and know it's not a URI, I know a brand that makes supplements for runny nose support! It's called HomeoPet, and I believe it comes in drop form.

Chances are it is an infection if her sinuses are swollen... Too bad there's no neti pot for kitties.

My kitty is a sneezer in the winter and it also helped to permanently switch to a litter with a lower dust content and no added aromas.

Goodluck!

I would save money and skip Homeopet. Homeopathy is not scientifically backed at all and Homeopet bottles are 20% alcohol. Homeopet is basically water and alcohol with no active ingredients.

Keep your cat warm (no heat pads, those can cause burns and from personal experience, they hurt bad,) bring them into a steamy bathroom like when you shower if your cat will tolerate it, and keep dabbing the nose with a cotton ball to clean off gunk. If it doesn't clear up or seems to get worse, give your vet another call.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am

She has had it the three years I have owned her. I took yo to the vet, and the said that it was not serious enough to be a URI I should bring her back in if she stopped eating, repeatedly had mucous-y sneezing, or if my other cat started showing similar signs ( which she hasn’t) I do try to keep my apartment as warm ;as warm as financially possible xp)

Thank you for the help though c:
Last edited by Gizmutt on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoFlower28 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:30 am

SweetieOwned by echoflower28 is a black and white female. Sweetie is a cuddly fat little floof.

Bellatrix Owned by echoflower28 is a black and white female. Bellatrix is a cute little stinker she is very small and is sweeties sister.

Gizmo Owned by echoflower28 is a orange tabby male. He is a good boy bellatrix is his mate (he is neutered and she is spayed don't worry).
Last edited by EchoFlower28 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Click to help me hatch!
Image Image
EchoFlower28

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me