Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dawg Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby Maisy and me » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:20 pm

wolfgirl2011 wrote:Personally, I would try getting her a little more exercise. I know that not everyone has the luxury of going for hour long walks/runs and playing with their dog for hours a day-I certainly don't. However, because she's a puppy she will need more exercise to wear her down. If that doesn't work I would definitely encourage her to chew on the right things like bones, toys, etc. If it's getting to the point that none of that works, you could put some detterant on your hands/clothing. Usually vinegar or bitter apple spray works-they don't like the taste of it.

Becasue she is a Border Collie mix she may be trying to herd you. Generally those breeds are more mouthy than other breeds because of their herding instinct. Try giving her a job, like pulling a small cart and when she's old enough, agility, that will keep her brain stimulated and will make her feel like she has something to do. It will also tire her out.

Its a bit difficult as she hasn't had her last vaccination so we can't take her many places, and shes only 11 weeks so finding a job for her will be hard, but she enjoys going through her tunnel and getting rewarded at the other side so I'd be keen to set up more courses for her to do that won't effect her growing.
Today she was alot better, we think she may be anxious and confused, (Understandable since we only got her two or so weeks ago from a rescue center) But we're hoping shes finding her place and settling in, thank you so much everyone for all the tips and I will certainly be trying them!
Hakuna Matata
Maisy and me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Maybe you could set up a puppy version of Triball. Get a ball that's too big for her to pick up but that she can push around with her nose then teach her to push it places, like across the room to you or into a circle or hula hoop on the floor.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallen.infinity » Fri May 01, 2015 4:18 am

Hey everyone! go check out my youtube channel, Lexus Nadeau, to see videos of maggie and the squad xD

also, maggie has so far lost 9 pounds on her diet! just 11 more pounds to go :)
ImageImage
Pet's name: Toxic
fallen.infinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Fri May 01, 2015 9:16 am

Ugh some people get to me sometimes and I want to say stuff but the small filter I have built tells me not to. Anyway I saw this girl today with her dog and she was trying to get it to do tricks.... well she kept yelling at it telling it over and over again to do the same trick and then would get frustrated when she wouldn't do them. Just so you know yelling at your dog and getting louder does not make your dog do what you want it to do. Saying, " sit, sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit *dogs name*sit sit sit sit SIT!!!" Does not work....The best way to teach a dog is to be calm.... Sorry rant over.

ℂ𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

𝔸𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤

ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

𝕊𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕕

𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕

"𝒲𝑒 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒, 𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹. 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝓌𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝒸𝓀𝓈."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maisy and me » Fri May 01, 2015 10:56 am

Imzadi83 wrote:Maybe you could set up a puppy version of Triball. Get a ball that's too big for her to pick up but that she can push around with her nose then teach her to push it places, like across the room to you or into a circle or hula hoop on the floor.

That's a really good idea! Thank you!
Hakuna Matata
Maisy and me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Fri May 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Oops.

Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:17 pm

^ROFLMFAO - That is a great picture! :D
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlkWolfMidnight » Fri May 01, 2015 12:31 pm

So,
Well have you ever felt like life is putting a huge neon sign in your path that says "This way"
I'm good with dogs, I've got 2 in my life that constantly get complimented on their wonderful behavior by many. Typically I can go pretty much anywhere and grab the attention of even the most devoted dog without issue.
Maybe I speak their language, I don't fully know however I've been told this time and time again "You should be a dog trainer"
I work with dogs at the shelter all the time and those that have left that may be "Troubled dogs" at home to turn them around, haven't had one come back yet that I've worked with.
So now I sit here, lost in the grass looking for the next step on to the path, don't get me wrong I've always wanted to work with dogs. Maybe some have a natural born gift for it, I don't even know if that's possible in truth but for some reason I can't explain what I do.
Pet's name: Flamepaw

“Do animals understand the concept of dreams or do they think they enter another dimension when they get tired?"

Christy Leigh Stewart

Note: I RP M-F 6 p.m. EST to 10:30 p.m. EST only
BlkWolfMidnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Fri May 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Last edited by .muse. on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~*~ Muse ~ They/Them ~ Adult ~ Nerd ~*~ Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Fri May 01, 2015 1:21 pm

BlkWolfMidnight wrote:So,
Well have you ever felt like life is putting a huge neon sign in your path that says "This way"
I'm good with dogs, I've got 2 in my life that constantly get complimented on their wonderful behavior by many. Typically I can go pretty much anywhere and grab the attention of even the most devoted dog without issue.
Maybe I speak their language, I don't fully know however I've been told this time and time again "You should be a dog trainer"
I work with dogs at the shelter all the time and those that have left that may be "Troubled dogs" at home to turn them around, haven't had one come back yet that I've worked with.
So now I sit here, lost in the grass looking for the next step on to the path, don't get me wrong I've always wanted to work with dogs. Maybe some have a natural born gift for it, I don't even know if that's possible in truth but for some reason I can't explain what I do.

Come train Juniper, LOL.

@Muse: I love long pointy dobe faces. They look silly. D;
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist