The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What type of rodents do you have?

Rats
27%
Hamsters
17%
Gerbils
5%
Mice
11%
Guinea Pigs
15%
Chinchillas
2%
Degus
1%
None :(
15%
None, but getting some soon!
7%

Total votes : 339

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread! V2

Postby Roleplayer123 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Eee, so that's my baby! He was just in a shoebox so I could take the pic. If needed, I could provide more photos!
Also, @drift., I'm pretty sure in my area we only get them from a breeder\feeder kind of thing. IDK where though, but not in my town, that's for sure. And for dorsal stripes, he's the only one I've seen with one so far.
Also, this is the photo that kinda sent me off. here it says winter-white, but that cream argente is clearly a pic of Phoenix! Idk, but I think some of my screws are loose.
Attachments
WIN_20191012_20_33_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20191012_20_33_31_Pro.jpg (287.94 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Roleplayer123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:18 pm

If it wasn't for the red eyes, i'd say pheonix looks alittle more like a golden white ear, the colors and the dorsal stripe seem to fit better.
But that might just be my opinion.

∞|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|∞

>ImageImageImage<
>Personal ryka collection<
>ImageImage<
∞|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|∞
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Yikes I think I totally misread your last post, sorry if what I said was really confusing! I was trying to get you a response in a hurry and my mind was obviously not all there :')

I really am not that well-informed when it comes to hamsters, but he does look like that photo example you linked!
It's not scientifically possible (idk if that's the right term) for hamsters of any different species to breed, except the Winter white and Campbell. *Says google* soo, I think he is really a Winter White hamster, unless he's the Dwarf Winter White x Campbell hybrid. Which could be possible, but I also can't say for sure since I can't seem to find any photos of an actual hybrid.

@meta, my rats favorites are Cilantro, Basil, and Parsley. But those are all just herbs. I don't know about many common house plants. Just to be safe I would just stick with some herbs that are safe for them. I personally LOVE the aesthetic of Cilantro, but that's just me c:
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roleplayer123 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:00 am

Thanks for the help everyone. If I can't figure out with more research, I'll just take him to a exotic vet to find out! But any more info on this would be greatly appreciated!
Roleplayer123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roleplayer123 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Kay guys.
I've come to the conclusion that, I don't care what he is, and I'll love him the same whatever he may be. I guess my plans for breeding him may be postponed lol. However, if anyone has ANY data about what he may be, winter white/campbell hybrid or robo, any would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your help!
♥ Howdy there! ♥
They / them
I am your friendly neighbourhood Roleplayer123!
I’m mostly a lurker, but I’m always looking out for new characters and new roleplay partners!

On a Semi Hiatus!
Roleplayer123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Roleplayer123 wrote:
Kay guys.
I've come to the conclusion that, I don't care what he is, and I'll love him the same whatever he may be. I guess my plans for breeding him may be postponed lol. However, if anyone has ANY data about what he may be, winter white/campbell hybrid or robo, any would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your help!

Just my two cents, he looks like a beige Campbell’s dwarf (bbpp genes) which is a mix of the argente and black-eyed argente genes. Good luck either way!
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:57 pm

i've got a question.

I read that to many fresh greens for a rat can be bad.
How much is too much?
My boy ran out of food in his dish today, and while i'm getting more tomorrow, i made him a fresh green salad to tid him over for the night made of Swiss chard, Spinach, Kale, Collard greens and Mustard greens. About five leaves each, so twenty leaves all together then chopped them up a bit and over all it made about 1/4 cup of chopped greens.
I also included about a whole teaspoon of peas, a third teaspoon of corn and two diced black berries.(i'm monitoring his sweets/treats and he got some the other day, but i don't want to risk giving him wet tail so i limited the fruit)

Now i didn't give him the entire 1/4 cup of greens, just a small amount. Maybe two small pinches worth with the peas, corn and berries.

Should i have given him the entire 1/4'th cup or was it a good idea not to give him so much?

Edit: I'm also doing a full clean of his cage in the morning/afternoon, so i'll try and snag a picture of him so ya'll can help me identify what kind of rat he is. Because he cam from to REW(red eye'd whites/albino) parents. But he's brown with a white belly, white front cuffs, and a white tipped tail like a slightly darker coated american irish. (i'd say berkshire but he doesn't have white on his face)

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:55 am

I'd say that should be plenty for him if you're getting him new food soon. If you have any dogs a few pieces of kibble will be fine as well, it's just not recommended that he get's too much as its very high in protein. whole wheat pasta (cooked, mine won't eat raw) and lean cooked meats are also safe, I'd stick to chicken and rabbit, though in moderation, since they're not meant to digest high amounts of meat.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebopbee » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 am

hi!! its been a longgg time since ive been here, but i was wondering what some good veges/fruits/herbs i could give to my gerbils! ive had then for a while and have found a couple foods they like, but was looking for some more options so they arent just on a solid grain/nuts diet.
btuh
beebopbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:54 am

I cleaned his cage and gave him more food.
But i forgot to get a picture.
I thankfully have a few pictures of him in his travel cage.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups