Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby cornspurrd. » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:15 am

Dixie And Benedict got adopted before i got to them... Hopefully i can find another pair...
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Hell everyone. ^^ I'm a small rabbit breeder who currently does Holland Lops and Mini Rex. I plan on adding lion heads and English Angoras to the mix when I get an indoor building that I can temperature control. Here is our current herd, excluding our pet and our rescue as well as our splayed leg boy who we bought as a breeder but has now become a pet.

Diva our Broken black mini rex. Just weaned her first litter (six kindled, two died.)

Princess Leia a mini rex Tri doe. Weaned a litter of seven.

Valentino my mini rex herd buck who is harlequin. Both of my girls were bred to him. He currently has 11 kits.

Precious Blue a blue fawn harlequin doe. My only Holland lop. Not ready to breed yet. Have to buy her a buck.

And last but not least my newist addition, a REW mini rex buck. He is the product of Diva x Val and i plan to breed him back.
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Rattielover0709 wrote:Dixie And Benedict got adopted before i got to them... Hopefully i can find another pair...

Aw, bad luck :? But don't worry,there are plenty of bunnies out there who would love to be adopted! :D
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SiriuslyAnnabeth » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:10 pm

I own two rabbits myself, and they are both a beautiful black. The father is Mr.Jake and his daughter (Mr.Jake and another rabbit had a litter of 5, two died :() Juniper. :)
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 4 gifts.
SiriuslyAnnabeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:58 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:
Rattielover0709 wrote:Dixie And Benedict got adopted before i got to them... Hopefully i can find another pair...

Aw, bad luck :? But don't worry,there are plenty of bunnies out there who would love to be adopted! :D

Yup, But I am going to have to wait. My shelter had no more bunnies.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Leia at 12pm wrote:So, a few hours ago my family and I dropped off Aura at the vets, and I'm really scared. We're meant to be receiving a call at 3pm,in 3 hours.

Before we left, my mum had to sign something that seriously freaked me out. It was s-c-a-r-y DX

It was a contract saying that we are responsible of letting my bunny undergo any drugs, and that any negative side-affects are not their responsibility ;-;

Please remember to pray for her~ ♥

I am extremely happy to say that Aura did just fine in her surgery, and was actually super active and happy when we took her home in her carry-cage (I mean if I just had the surgery of taking out some organs I wouldn't be so active after that XD)

She just seems to be a completely different girl to my parents! She's just the wonderful Aura I always knew though. But she seems to be a lot more calm and happy ^^. Thank you so much to everyone for your support~! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I'm a bit sad that I can't just give her a big hug right now, since she needs to rest this week ^^.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Polly44 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:39 am

I haven't been here in a while, as i lost my Rabbit Biscuit back in May and i haven't been ready to come back here yet. However......

Going to pet shops is a very, very, very bad idea. Went in there just to waste some time before we picked my brother up from work yesterday and as mum wanted to look at the bird stuff but as i walked in i spotted a beautiful young rabbit in there and my heart just melted. You know when you just know. It was like that. He was coming home with me. So he did. Then a manic half hour trying to get the hutch set up, as it was totally not ready at all. As i hadn't even looked before.....well not properly. I had glanced at them before, but none had caught my heart like he has.
Anyway, we think he is male. It did say female on the paperwork (lol) but the store person and several others checked and think male. I don't care either way.
He is black, but with brown and grey flecks on his underside (belly/legs/chin/chest/etc)
I haven't settled on a name yet, but i am thinking Twix.
We let him settle yesterday but i am slowly starting to say hello to him. He will let me stroke him, but he won't yet come to me. Which is fair enough, heh.

I think i always knew i would probably, eventually find another Rabbit which would take my heart. I just didn't think it would happen so fast. At the time i felt awful but so....hopeful as well, as i really did miss having cuddles and play time....etc. I will miss Biscuit forever and she will always hold a special place in my heart.
Polly44

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Polly44 wrote:
I haven't been here in a while, as i lost my Rabbit Biscuit back in May and i haven't been ready to come back here yet. However......

Going to pet shops is a very, very, very bad idea. Went in there just to waste some time before we picked my brother up from work yesterday and as mum wanted to look at the bird stuff but as i walked in i spotted a beautiful young rabbit in there and my heart just melted. You know when you just know. It was like that. He was coming home with me. So he did. Then a manic half hour trying to get the hutch set up, as it was totally not ready at all. As i hadn't even looked before.....well not properly. I had glanced at them before, but none had caught my heart like he has.
Anyway, we think he is male. It did say female on the paperwork (lol) but the store person and several others checked and think male. I don't care either way.
He is black, but with brown and grey flecks on his underside (belly/legs/chin/chest/etc)
I haven't settled on a name yet, but i am thinking Twix.
We let him settle yesterday but i am slowly starting to say hello to him. He will let me stroke him, but he won't yet come to me. Which is fair enough, heh.

I think i always knew i would probably, eventually find another Rabbit which would take my heart. I just didn't think it would happen so fast. At the time i felt awful but so....hopeful as well, as i really did miss having cuddles and play time....etc. I will miss Biscuit forever and she will always hold a special place in my heart.

Haha Polly this is why you shouldn't go to the pet store and look at the bunnies XD
Buut I think Twix is a pretty cute call-name ^^. Reminds me of caramel, actually c':

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I looked at Aura's stitches on the 6th (2 days ago, 1 day after the sugery). They looked fine, although when I saw them I just cried. I don't know why. They just looked painful.

Anyway, she's doing alright now. It's day three ^^. I'm just really glad that it's over and done with, and that this could potentially boost her with another eight years to live, godwilling~<3
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:22 am

Well, my bun went to the vet a few weeks ago and although we havent done the bloodwork portion just yet, she did otherwise get a clean bill of health! Vet said she has good genetics and is at a good weight even.

Also started volunteering at a rescue. So heartbreaking to see SO many buns waiting for their forever homes! Buns whose owners didnt have time or moved or passed away... Wish I had known about rabbit rescues and adoptions when I was younger rather than getting my bun elsewhere, but I was only 19 and new to being a 100% responsible pet owner without parental involvement.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me