Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dawg Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby eleutheromania » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Rosie and Loki have a vet appointment on the twenty ninth. Loki's just going to get a regular check up and get in the system, the vet's excited to see him, she loves all our dogs, and so does her husband, he usually sees the dogs so that's why she's excited because she usually does our cats. lol. Rosie's going in for her rabies and a overall checkup too. Speaking of Loki, he loves to pose like crazy. Also we finally got a Petco! Went in there the other day and we'll probably be changing the dog's food to something better since some things in there weren't in petsmart.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallen.infinity » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:49 pm

it was a cool-ish day, so it was GREAT for walkies!!! i even brought Dagger out for a walk, and he usually HATES walks but, he LOVED it today!!!

just wanna throw in some pics.
Attachments
HNI_0064_MPO.JPG
maggie amidst my crappy looking room xD
HNI_0064_MPO.JPG (124.86 KiB) Viewed 48 times
ImageImage
Pet's name: Toxic
fallen.infinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samm. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Do you own a dog?
Yep! =3
Favorite dog breed?
My "favorite" changes every so often. Currently its Shelties and Aussies!
Tell us about your dog(s), if you have any!
I've only got one dog at the moment, but i'm going to be getting another sometime between now and my birthday, which is the 29th of October! My baby now is named Hershey, she is a Purebred Long Haired Miniature Dachshund who turned 5 years old back on January 9th. She can be a bit of a brat, and by that I mean shes spoiled rotten and thinks she owns the world. She will whine and bark if she doesn't get her way, and refuses to stop until shes given what she wants. She absolutely refuses to eat dog food, no matter what type of brand it is, good or bad, she refuses to eat it and so she eats whatever we eat. You would think shes over weight with all the food she eats, however last check up she weighed 7.5 lbs. She loves to go for car rides and walks, though the walks are only occasional because of the terrible fleas where I live. She absolutely hates baths, but loves afterwards when shes wrapped in a towel and i'm drying her. Every time you rub her ears, or scratch them, or even just pet them, she yawns. Its the most adorable thing in the world, and my dad thinks its absolutely hilarious to play with her ears and watch her yawn. She loves ice cream, and the people at my local ice cream shop loves when she comes by! She gets the tiniest ice cream cone they have and has herself a vanilla ice cream while we ride around, normally stopping at the park to watch the ducks, which i'm sure she would chase if she were out of the truck. She isn't too fond of other people or dogs if they come into our house, but outside of the house shes okay, more afraid than aggressive. Cats she absolutely adores, and that's most likely because we currently have eleven cats that she lives with. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks shes a cat, cause shes been known to act like one, haha. As for the other dog i'm going to be getting, I've no clue what breed it will be, just that its going to be a smaller one since we don't have the room for a larger one. There is a corgi breeder about 25 minutes from here, though I've no idea what their prices are so I may have to keep looking since i'm going to be the one paying and I've got a limited amount of money to work with =P
Pictures of your dog(s)
Click the picture for a bigger version =P

╔════════════════════════════╗
elliot / ellie, or sam | genderfluid | he/they
single | polyromantic demisexual | polyam
omnist | covenless witch | scorpio / ox
infp-t | chaotic good | poet | listo

╚════════════════════════════╝

samm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Last edited by .muse. on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~*~ Muse ~ They/Them ~ Adult ~ Nerd ~*~ Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Miyotachi wrote:[center] She absolutely refuses to eat dog food, no matter what type of brand it is, good or bad, she refuses to eat it and so she eats whatever we eat.

Every time you rub her ears, or scratch them, or even just pet them, she yawns. Its the most adorable thing in the world, and my dad thinks its absolutely hilarious to play with her ears and watch her yawn.

There is a corgi breeder about 25 minutes from here, though I've no idea what their prices are so I may have to keep looking since i'm going to be the one paying and I've got a limited amount of money to work with =P[/color][/size]

Just a couple of things! I wont be one of those 'hooman fud is bad!!1!!" but in all seriousness it would be better to follow a recipe than freelancing it. Feeding what ever you eat isn't balanced, at all, and can lead to some pretty serious health issues later down the road. A dogs digestive system isn't built like ours. If you want to do a homemade/cooked/raw diet its best to do the research involved. :)

Yawning can be a sign of stress, anxiety, or pain. Just something to keep in mind if its a common specific occurrence.

Pure bred dogs from GOOD (those that health test and title their dogs) breeders are going to be 1000+. If you have no idea what you want in a dog and limited money.. Your best bet is to go to a shelter and see what you mesh with.

@Muse: So sorry Link is having trouble. Hope everything is okay!
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for the compliments on her harness! We love it.

- - -
Is it recommended to get a dog's hip x-rayed /before/ getting into a sport like agility? Dixie's never looked like her hips have bothered her at all, but I'd like to know if it'd be better if I did before we start. Also, how much on average does it cost to have a 50lb dog's hips x-rayed?
Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Do you own a dog?: Yes
Favorite dog breed?: Husky
Tell us about your dog(s), if you have any!: I have one dog, her name is Pippi. She's a year and a half
Pictures of your dog(s): I don't have any at the moment, but she's a Jack Russel.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairytale. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Cardinal wrote:
Miyotachi wrote:[center] She absolutely refuses to eat dog food, no matter what type of brand it is, good or bad, she refuses to eat it and so she eats whatever we eat.

Every time you rub her ears, or scratch them, or even just pet them, she yawns. Its the most adorable thing in the world, and my dad thinks its absolutely hilarious to play with her ears and watch her yawn.

There is a corgi breeder about 25 minutes from here, though I've no idea what their prices are so I may have to keep looking since i'm going to be the one paying and I've got a limited amount of money to work with =P[/color][/size]

Just a couple of things! I wont be one of those 'hooman fud is bad!!1!!" but in all seriousness it would be better to follow a recipe than freelancing it. Feeding what ever you eat isn't balanced, at all, and can lead to some pretty serious health issues later down the road. A dogs digestive system isn't built like ours. If you want to do a homemade/cooked/raw diet its best to do the research involved. :)

Agreed! I have some home cooked recipes I am happy to share if you want them. Home cooking is the only thing that got my dog eating last summer when he decided dog food wasn't good anymore. Now we do home cooked and raw.
fairytale.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satans__lover » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Do you own a dog?:
Yes, I own two.
Favorite dog breed?:
Doberman, American Staffordshire Terrier and Beauceron.
Tell us about your dog(s), if you have any!:
My first dog I ever got was a female German Shepherd and her name is Maxy. We drove 4 hours to go and pick her up from a well known breeder. She was confermation show worthy but my mum ended up getting her spayed.
We still have her now and she is four and a half years old now.
Just before last Christmas I got my next dog. He is my baby. His name is L after L in death-note. He was imported from New Zealand to Australia. His sire is imported from Argentina and is an Australian Grand Champion and his dam is a Multi BISS/RUISS Grand Champion.
I am amazed with what he has turned out too be and is still growing!
I am currently on a holiday and i do not have any pictures of him stacking as i am using a different computer. He is on his way to getting his title.
Although i love him he is the most annoying dog i have ever met. He never slows down, we will be running towards you and if you dont move out of the way he will bowel you over!
He never leaves Maxy alone or my 5 cats alone. He is always trying to play with the ferrets and he is scared stiff of my bird.
I only have one picture of him on here but as soon as i get home i shall put some more up!
Pictures of your dog(s): Image
Im sorry if the picture is too small, im having trouble with my computer at the moment!
Auctioning off this little guy;
satans__lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satans__lover » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Found a picture of both dogs on my mums Facebook n.n