The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby SAPPHOLYTE » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:52 am

I was feeding my ferrets these chew sticks and noticed they started to lose hair on their haunches and tail. I also switched to Wysong ferret food and put them on two vitamin supplements to help with their coat. Worked like a charm theyre both getting their hair back.

So it totally could all be diet based. Raw eggs are great for their coat, pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and its nummy. :D
♀//🏳️‍🌈//♌//RadFem
Joan Ferguson/Vera Bennett && Bellatrix Lestrange/Hermione Granger && Maleficent/Aurora
SAPPHOLYTE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowWolf3910 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:06 pm

This is so cool!! :D I usually don't find very many people who have ferrets on games like this. I have two ferrets myself, please feel free to share pictures of the furry-cat-snakes with me lol :D :D

Currently looking for:
-2018 Joker Dog (will pay C$)
ShadowWolf3910

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crucifying. » Sat May 02, 2020 12:03 am

i'm so glad this forum exists! i have 2 little worms, slink & dink. they're both bad hahaha, but i love them no matter what.

we had them eating marshalls, but it made slink gain an abnormal amount of weight, and i've heard iffy things about marshall brand so... now they're eating Vita Prima, but i think this next bag we're going to switch to Wysong. i've tried the raw meat diet, but they gagged as soon as the meat touched them so that was a no go hahah. i've been thinking about getting a third ferret, but i'm not sure right now, but it's definitely been a thought... i tried litter training, but they have absolutely no interest and are very stubborn and love to dig, so we use cloth (reusable) puppy pads and change them out and wash them a couple times a week. it's actually not too bad, but i REALLY wish they were litter trained—but i doubt that will ever happen.
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ʌox » Sat May 02, 2020 12:09 am

A majestic bear snake thread! Finally. I have a furbaby named Tundra and she just turned a year old in November! :0

I also may have a little problem; she won't touch meat. I've tried giving her raw and cooked and she won't touch it. Although she will eat mealworms that I save for my sugar glider. Any way to give her more meat? I've heard the lack of it will give her kidney problems.

Here's a pic of her if any of you are curious. :0

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
this above all: to thine own self be true
& it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst
not then be false to any man

( vox - aquarius - chaotic good - god of your fears)

call me vox. i'm a canadian who loves a lot of things, including
video games, asmr, missio, memes, horror media, religion,
and medical topics. i'm in the medical field. i am the medic from tf2
minus Archemedes and chaos.
...maybe just a bit of chaos, actually.

i write poetry and fandom works in my spare time. i also enjoy
creating art and creating characters.

have a lovely day, and
remember the birds have songs if you care to listen. x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ʌox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SAPPHOLYTE » Sun May 03, 2020 10:24 pm

v.s wrote:A majestic bear snake thread! Finally. I have a furbaby named Tundra and she just turned a year old in November! :0

I also may have a little problem; she won't touch meat. I've tried giving her raw and cooked and she won't touch it. Although she will eat mealworms that I save for my sugar glider. Any way to give her more meat? I've heard the lack of it will give her kidney problems.

Maybe instead of meat try eggs? Mine won't eat meat either but they devour eggs. Its protein either way so they're getting that from it regardless.
♀//🏳️‍🌈//♌//RadFem
Joan Ferguson/Vera Bennett && Bellatrix Lestrange/Hermione Granger && Maleficent/Aurora
SAPPHOLYTE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thingstoexist » Wed May 13, 2020 7:19 am

Hey! So I have always wanted a ferret, and I figured here was a good place to ask: can a ferret really be happy in a small apartment? I know they are more boisterous than a lot of other animals, and there are very few (and varying) answers to the question on the web! What are your guys' thoughts?
thingstoexist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Thu May 14, 2020 3:41 pm

thingstoexist wrote:Hey! So I have always wanted a ferret, and I figured here was a good place to ask: can a ferret really be happy in a small apartment? I know they are more boisterous than a lot of other animals, and there are very few (and varying) answers to the question on the web! What are your guys' thoughts?

Yeah. I live in an apartment too. My ferrets did fine in my apartment. As long as they have some space to run around and explore. Just make sure its is ok to have them at your apartment (double check the lease to make sure there is not a "no pets" policy) and check with your landlord first. Mine was a bit of a messed up situation, but long story short, my boyfriend and I had to end up taking them to his parents place because our landlord suddenly pitched a fit after being ok with us having them for years...
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ʌox » Fri May 15, 2020 9:08 am

Le.Bone.Witch wrote:
v.s wrote:A majestic bear snake thread! Finally. I have a furbaby named Tundra and she just turned a year old in November! :0

Maybe instead of meat try eggs? Mine won't eat meat either but they devour eggs. Its protein either way so they're getting that from it regardless.

I tried eggs, and she won't touch them either. The only protein she's getting is from mealworms [if they even have protein]. I don't know what to do...she's picky and only eats ferret/cat food, which is not a good sign.

this above all: to thine own self be true
& it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst
not then be false to any man

( vox - aquarius - chaotic good - god of your fears)

call me vox. i'm a canadian who loves a lot of things, including
video games, asmr, missio, memes, horror media, religion,
and medical topics. i'm in the medical field. i am the medic from tf2
minus Archemedes and chaos.
...maybe just a bit of chaos, actually.

i write poetry and fandom works in my spare time. i also enjoy
creating art and creating characters.

have a lovely day, and
remember the birds have songs if you care to listen. x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ʌox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SAPPHOLYTE » Sun May 17, 2020 12:36 pm

v.s wrote:
Le.Bone.Witch wrote:

I tried eggs, and she won't touch them either. The only protein she's getting is from mealworms [if they even have protein]. I don't know what to do...she's picky and only eats ferret/cat food, which is not a good sign.

They inherently have short lives, so if that's all she wants to eat, then let her just eat that. Mealworms are still protein. Just get a lil vitamin supplement for her coat then like salmon oil and pump a little onto her food. I have yet to ever see a ferret turn THAT down.
♀//🏳️‍🌈//♌//RadFem
SAPPHOLYTE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:58 am

So I still live with my parents, but I’ve saved enough for the upfront cost of ferrets and can afford vet bills. They’ve been chill with Rats, Hamsters and Mice, but not Ferrets. It is is exclusively because of the smell - note that we have 5 cats and 3 dogs, there is persistent animal smell in our home anyway. I wouldn’t be getting these ferrets until next summer.

I intend to use fleece cage liners and wash them weekly with weekly wipe downs of the entire cage, as well as litter train the Ferrets to clean multiple times daily. I also plan to buy an air purifier and use a pet deodoriser for any carpets that they may touch while free roaming and general use. I’ve also read that feeding an appropriate diet helps to reduce smell, thus will be exclusively feeding raw. I plan to either spay or use a hormonal implant, which I have read also reduces smell.

Beyond doing all of this, is there anything else I can do to convince my family that the smell isn’t actually all that bad? I’m set on Ferrets and nothing else really fits what I want out of *my* next pet. I plan to buy from a local breeder who invited us to visit, but her set up is entirely different to my intended one (sheds with multiple ferrets outside), so the smell wouldn’t be comparable. It’s just disappointing that ‘smell’ is the only reason I’m not allowed to keep Ferrets.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery