* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Herself » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:07 am

Hi everyone!

Username: herself
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 7! (all budgies)
How long have you had them?: I got my first pair in August of 2019 (last year)
What brings you to the bird chat?: I'm so excited to be able to share my bird experiences with more people! Going to write a bit about it here.

My budgies names: Lovey & Dovey, Stormy & Cloudy, Seal, Sunny, and Baby

Something that I really want to share is that I have experience with hand-feeding baby budgies! I began hand feeding Baby the second day he hatched through now because the parents were not feeding him at all and he was very weak and dying slowly. He is now 4 weeks old and beautiful!

If anyone ever needs help on identifying the genders of their budgies, or need any advice on anything else please do not hesitate to PM me. I have such a deep love for birds. (I'm currently going to school to become an Avian Vet!!)
I'M A BIRD MOM!
Herself

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lighty » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:31 pm

Username: Lighty
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): A green Cheek Conure
How long have you had them?: 13 years
What brings you to the bird chat?: My bird is my baby and birds in general are one of my hyperfixations! I loooovveee talking about them!

ImageImage
Image ImageImage Image ImageImage
Lighty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:07 am

My GCC got flung to the ground about a month ago. We took him to the vet immediately. They kept him for a few days, and when I got him back I had to give him antibiotics and painkillers through a syringe twice a day, for almost two weeks. I had to keep him in a little carrier without any perches. It was the most stressful thing I've ever gone through. When I held him in my hands after the accident, I thought he was going to die. He was wheezing and his eyes were barely open. And it was all my fault. I shouldn't have let someone else hold him when I knew he was being moody and that the person didn't know much about birds. But he is doing much better now. The vet didn't think he had any broken bones, but he hasn't been able to fly properly yet. I'm not sure if that's because there's still some kind of injury or because he was cooped up for so long. But he is back to his usual spunky attitude, is eating well, and isn't in any pain. But this just serves as a reminder: accidents can and will happen. If your bird isn't in the mood to be handled, leave it alone. And especially don't give it to someone who will fling it if they get bitten.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:10 am

kimmon wrote:Username: kimmon
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 1 budgie
How long have you had them?: 7 weeks
What brings you to the bird chat?: just to chat and learn a bit more about budgies and other birds.

I have realized I have never showed anyone on cs my pet budgie!
this is Echo he is my pet budgie. he loves chirping at his reflection in the mirror. to the point I made him this little mirror toy and he looks up close at it and dose these clicks and pecks at his reflection in the mirror toy! I am working on getting him to sit on my finger or hand. so far I have got him to eat food out of my hand and drink water from a cup in my hand.

That is one of the sadest terrible things i did hear for month...sorry to say this, i dont want to hurt your Feeling .....but your bird sound real lonely and sad.... To chirp like crazy at it's own reflection in a stupid bird mirror is just sad....and the same for the pecks and clicks...that is sad...one wants to cry...never ever Keep a bird alone...atleast one more bird or more...when they are swarm animal who Need this Company..and space to fly in the cage or outside...
May i ask why you dont have more budgie and a better cage? this one seem not right for a bird that can fly...it looks tiny...it is coated in this white colour what never is great sign for aviary or cage ..and dont you have more toys and normal natural wood perches? they need different size ones for there feet....

@ catsplat18
did your vet not done any x-ray on your bird? they should see if bone is broken or something wrong in its body...
i hope they pay for all vet care... that is terrible what this person did....they should not be let near animal...
i would have kicked them out...

@ Lighty
that is nice, hope you learn a lot of them and will have great time watching your bird interact with other birds...,and get soon a second one^^

@ Herself
that is a nice number of birds, they mut be crazy happy to be together, do you Keep them in an aviary or own bird room? :)
That is nice that you rescued this one baby bird and it is now well^_^, but i hope you let them feed there other young ones or take them out of breeding when they only bring unhealthy or dont care for there baby at all.

That is great what you want to become, hard work,...lots of time an Money...and tears from what i did hear... with all the birds you need to know from all around the world and there health care and body and all the special needs for meeds one needs to know with some of them, we really like to get way more avian vets all around the world.... do you want to volunteer in a zoo or such where they breed rare birds and bird of Prey too..or only more pet birds?...and also into how to make birds life better in peoples care...and help protect them?

@ KinardTheSock
that are funny names^__^ great that you got 3 of them^^
really no problem that they dont like you much, birds are like this, sometimes they get a bit more tame and take Food from you or let you stroke them, and sometimes they dont want to be to Close with human. Then jut watch them Play with there toys and fly around and tal and Play with each other, that is also great and fun...also build toys for them and see what they like and what makes them happy :)

@ osleya
sure welcome, those are birds too :) may i ask, how are the amearaucana with the other chicken? this big black bird i did hear are often not so nice, is this true, or did they grow up together....and siklie are they not this small ones with lot of feather?^_^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 am

Hi Luzien, my vet only does x-rays for major issues, unfortunately. But he did check for broken bones and didn't feel anything strange. Kiwi is doing very well now, he can even fly again! So I think he may have fractured something and healed it, but did not break anything. Yes, I am very mad at the person who flung him, and I will never be able to look at them the same way, but it was an accident and I should not have given Kiwi to them to hold, so it was my fault as well. But what matters is that my parrot is back to his old self and I'll be more careful from now on.
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:05 am

hmm alright, strange, but they must know best as vet, when they did think that there does not seem anything wrong, then it must be alright. Good that he does look as if he is better^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyulf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:50 pm

Edit: Ah the pic didn't attach, I'm on my phone so I'll have to fix it later.

This cute trio are from a group of 5 little orphaned chicks the one on the left is the youngest. They came time at 3 weeks old and the one at barely 2 weeks old.
2 of the 5 have gone to the nieces of a family friend.
These 3 will be going into a friends aviary.

My adorable lutino Jangle, she is raising 2 little chicks currently, one hatched from a rescued egg, the other came to her already hatched, it was a day old, and she lovingly took it on.
She's being the most awesome foster Momma to the chicks, Give her kale, spinach, blueberries and strawberries, she munches them and goes straight into the nest box and feeds them.
My Birthday 7th May

Eyulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✫ Metagalactic ✫ » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Username: PiousPionites ((PIONITES IS A GENUS OF BIRD!!! HEEHEE IM A BIG BIRD FURRY))
How many birds do you own? : a female 5yo indian ringneck
How long have you had them?: less than a year
What brings you to the bird chat?: BIRDS ARE MY SPECIAL INTEREST!!! I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOVE BIRDS WITH ALL OF MY HEART!!! I'm also an amateur bird watcher, and since i live in brazil a lot of cool parrots are native from here!!! there are wild parrotlets, chestnuted fronted mini macaws, pionus parrots, peached fronted parakeets and white-eyed parakeets where i live!!!! besides that, im a pet parrot enthusiast, ive volunteered in my local parrot shelter and ive birdsat a lot!! my current parrot, Dinha ((DEE-nya)) was a rescue, she came from a quite awful owner that gave her an awful seed diet and clipped her wings, which gave her severe anxiety. Shes still recovering, but one day im gonna freefly her!!! i believe that birds were made for flying and wing clipping is animal cruelty, unless the bird is disabled. ive been researching about birds for years and i have plenty of knowledge and experience with birds

Image Image
here are some pics of her!! such a cutie uwu
☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★
░▒▓▓██████████▓▓▒░
░▒▓▓██████████▓▓▒░
░▒▓▓██████████▓▓▒░

Indie⠀★⠀they/them
sonic enthusiastic・permanently tired
probably listening to king gizzard rn
!!always looking for art trades !!
░▒▓▓██████████▓▓▒░
░▒▓▓██████████▓▓▒░
░▒▓▓██████████▓▓▒░

☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★・☆・★
✫ Metagalactic ✫

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:20 pm

PiousPionites wrote:Username: PiousPionites ((PIONITES IS A GENUS OF BIRD!!! HEEHEE IM A BIG BIRD FURRY))
How many birds do you own? : a female 5yo indian ringneck
How long have you had them?: less than a year
What brings you to the bird chat?: BIRDS ARE MY SPECIAL INTEREST!!! I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOVE BIRDS WITH ALL OF MY HEART!!! I'm also an amateur bird watcher, and since i live in brazil a lot of cool parrots are native from here!!! there are wild parrotlets, chestnuted fronted mini macaws, pionus parrots, peached fronted parakeets and white-eyed parakeets where i live!!!! besides that, im a pet parrot enthusiast, ive volunteered in my local parrot shelter and ive birdsat a lot!! my current parrot, Dinha ((DEE-nya)) was a rescue, she came from a quite awful owner that gave her an awful seed diet and clipped her wings, which gave her severe anxiety. Shes still recovering, but one day im gonna freefly her!!! i believe that birds were made for flying and wing clipping is animal cruelty, unless the bird is disabled. ive been researching about birds for years and i have plenty of knowledge and experience with birds

Image Image
here are some pics of her!! such a cutie uwu

Very cute! I'm an amateur birdwatcher as well, but I see very different species than you, since I'm from California. My parrot was also rescued from someone who clipped his wings. In fact, his wings were clipped incorrectly so that even some of his secondaries were chopped. It was horrible. I agree that wing clipping should be done for disabled and injured birds, but I'd also say that it is good to keep a parrot handicapped if it needs to be tamed down (it can be very dangerous to be dive-bombed by an aggressive parrot), though of course the end goal would be to have a tamed, trained, and fully flighted bird.
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:29 am

Time to clip Kiwi's nails. I've put it off for as long as possible but now his toes are getting stuck in certain fabrics. He hates it so much; he's terrified of towels. But I have to just grab him, flip him over, and do it. Wish me luck.
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery