Overated Animals?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Quick Vote: Most Overated Animal?

Cats
12%
Dogs
18%
Lions
7%
Wolves
35%
Bears
2%
Dolphins
7%
Foxes
9%
Deer
2%
Other
8%

Total votes : 797

Re: Overated Animals?

Postby POSTAL 2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:48 pm

humans are animals...and so are babies....so babies. they're the most overrated animal.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rocki » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Wolves, oh my god
I see wolf OCs, wolf clothing, and so many pictures of wolves being magical and stuff. I always hear people say "Wolves are amazing and better than anything else!" << and like? are you even that familiar with wolves?

I love wolves though, they're pretty and I see nothing wrong with them. It's just I don't get why wolves are so overrated, I see rodents as being more interesting but I guess they're all just animals

I don't know if this is on topic though, but, nothing against furries, I don't get nekos either? (The people that have cat ears and tails, but the rest of their body is normal) I find it really weird....
โ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ” โ”โ”โ”โ” . . . โ”
โ–‘โ–‘ โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘

x.xxโ ใ€Ž ่’ฒๆฃ‹ ใ€ โž

xxxxxxยซ trade thread
xxxxxxยซ quitting for fr

โ” โ”โ”โ” ยซ โ™ ๏ธŽ ยป โ”
โ–‘โ–‘ โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
xImage
โ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–‘โ–Œ
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
โ–โ–‘xx
Rocki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rancidram » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 am

llamas, cats, and WOLVES
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
r a n c i d r a m
black lives matter โ€ข empty the tanks โ€ข feminist
most likely inactive
ImageImageImage
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
rancidram

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Chinchillas
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:21 am

Wolves are an obvious one

For me it's doodles and bully breeds. Don't get me wrong doodles can be quite nice and I LOVE bully mixes but there are cults of people that hail them as the perfect dogs. For doodles, they breed anything with a poorly bred poodle because it'll be "the best of both worlds" and for pibble mommies they recommend them for anyone, even couch potato first time dog owners which tends to end up in problems

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slushy puppy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:18 am

Birb wrote:
    I personally don't feel it's very fair to describe animals themselves as overrated, but people's reactions to certain animals can definitely be excessive. For example, I don't think there is anything wrong with loving dogs, but when self-described dog people start harassing cat people because "dogs are so much better, how can you not like them?", then I certainly think that is too far.

This! ^^

Oh, can I say how much I LOVE wolves, cats, and dogs?
They are easily the MOST ''overrated animals'', though :')
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 pm

mokuroh wrote:Wolves are an obvious one

For me it's doodles and bully breeds. Don't get me wrong doodles can be quite nice and I LOVE bully mixes but there are cults of people that hail them as the perfect dogs. For doodles, they breed anything with a poorly bred poodle because it'll be "the best of both worlds" and for pibble mommies they recommend them for anyone, even couch potato first time dog owners which tends to end up in problems

oh like the cultists who go after people who lost children (or limbs) to bullybreeds, giving them hate and threats?
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby โœฆ Slim4fun โœฆ » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Siskiy wrote:Humans

True information right there.
โ•ญโ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ•ฎ
Slim โœฆ She/her โœฆ Pisces โœฆ Teen

Hi I'm Slim, I love art and gaming. I'm no longer active here,
so message my discord if you need to contact me.
Discord ID: #1727

โœฆLink โœฆ link โœฆ Link โœฆ link
โ•ฐโ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ€•โ•ฏ
โœฆ Slim4fun โœฆ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 am

sleepysushi wrote:llamas, cats, and WOLVES

awwww...why do you think llamas are overated?
they are fun and cute, can calm people, a lot of people with fear of most animal dont fear them, you can let them carry light saddle bags or pull a light cart, you can do some sport with them, there wool is great, and in areas where they are breed some use the milk and meat when i remeber right what i once did read...^^

im still thinking about what animal is overated for me :lol:

but i would love when more people would write a bit more why they think an animal is overated, some sadly only say the breed^^
Please klick them or they will dieยฐยฐ!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Luzien wrote:... a lot of people with fear of most animal dont fear (llamas)....

I was mildly amused when I read this, since I'm generally fine with animals, but always feel weirdly intimidated around llamas. xD I think they're adorable, but when I meet them in person, I'm always afraid that if I make one wrong move, they'll end up spitting on me (especially when they go and give me a sideways look out of nowhere). I know my mind's probably drastically exaggerating the risk of that happening, especially since spitting is (I'm assuming) an unpleasant experience for the llama, but yeah.

Back on topic, I feel weird calling any species overrated, since they didn't ask for silly humans to go and start making a big deal of them. I do have to admit that I agree about wolves, though; they're nice, but I feel like people obsess over them a little too much, and end up ignoring other lovely animals.

Also, this may be a bit different, but it slightly bothers me when some random animal basically becomes a meme/trend on the internet, and suddenly everyone loves it. The sudden "appreciation" feels dishonest to me, especially if it's an animal that the general population previously disliked or paid no attention to whatsoever. It would be nice if people actually, honestly appreciated these animals instead of just getting caught up in a trend.
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

โœง
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub โœง
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional) โœง

Formerly known as SilverStรคrlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

-----โœง-----
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me