Poultry Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Which type of fowl is your favorite?

Standard Chicken
34%
Duck
15%
Geese
3%
Turkey
3%
Peafowl
4%
Pigeons
15%
Bantams
18%
Other
8%

Total votes : 473

Re: Poultry Lovers Club

Postby Cherricola » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:19 am

Username: Cherricola
Why are you joining: own chickens
Favorite poultry bird: buff orpingtons, golden laced wyandottes, bantam cochins (which i've never owned but they look both cute and goofy)
Other: i've never posted to one of these forums before and i'm a lil nervous :'>
how do i name all these pets this is getting out of hand
Cherricola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Username: Jun.
Why are you joining: I have chickens
Favorite poultry bird: chickens~
Other: I currently have 5 chickens--
2 cochins (one of which is a rooster)
1 wyandotte
1 plymouth rock
1 old english

and I'm planning on getting a few more chicks to add to the flock sometime this spring ^^
Yo, I'm Jun--I'm into cats
pomeranians and kpop
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DA
Currently listening to:
DPR Ian
Jun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:39 pm

Username: aris.
Why are you joining: I have chickens. My Dad mainly cares for them but I'd love to join still.
Favorite poultry bird: ooo I like ducks and chickens.
Other: we currently have eight chickens. four aren't even a month old yet, but they are all female.

I forgot the breeds they were, even though I was told a couple days ago.

Four black ones; Windowpane, Cow, and the last two haven't been named yet.
A white one named Vivian, a brown one named Sasha, and then two more brown ones named Sriracha and Bean.

I'll edit once I remember the breeds!
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breannna » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Wow a club just for me, I love poultry.
Breannna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby virtualpet » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:40 am

Username: teamoddity

Why are you joining: We raise chickens! Unfortunately due to bad circumstances we lost a lot of them last year, but our dad and I are starting over with six baby chicks (four are Rhode island reds, and I forget what the other two are ;.; )! We also had ducks for a few years and I'd really, really love to get some again.

Favorite poultry bird: Probably ducks in general! The kind we had were muscovy ducks and they were very good

Other: here's a picture of all our chicks sleeping in their bowl

Image Anomaly Image

adult ☆ systemkin ☆ alien

don't call us alters/say we have DID!

virtualpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saturn.suv » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 am

Username: saturn.suv

Why are your joining?: I love domesticated poultry! I've raised chickens for over three years as pets and for eggs, and I've processed chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys for meat. I'm hoping to get an opportunity to process some quail this year. I love poultry as pets- my Brahmas are my babies- but I also appreciate birds as livestock, food, and food producers.

Favorite poultry: Chickens, hands down, but I really want to get some ducks. My ideal flock would consist of Brahmas, Cochins, and bantam d'Uccles (+maybe silkies?)-- I can't keep any bantams now, but I love the ones I've had in the past.

Other: I'm currently on my second flock of eight chickens. Feel free to ask me about breed recommendations, caretaking tips (I've dealt with parasites, crop impactions, etc), or processing/ keeping poultry as livestock.

(Also, @teamoddity, your chicks are so cute! The two yellow and black ones look kind of like Gold Laced Wyandottes; is that a possibility? I love when they're small enough to all fit in a bowl :))
saturn.suv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn_cat » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:46 am

Username: aktori
Why are you joining: i adore poultry, I own roughly 30 chickens and I love em so much. I also raise chicks {well the mother hen looks after them but i make sure they are all okay.} I currently have 8 chicks. I also have a couple of ducks and geese.

Favorite poultry bird: all type of chickens, they're so precious ♡

Other: here's a pic of my boy, Spider. It's a bit outdated as it was taken in February. {Most of my photos were lost when my phone was stolen/lost}

Syn_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neverandnone » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:20 pm

User: emo moth
Reason: REQUIRE ASSISTANCE BLE A S E
ok a y hi everyone! I’m a new chicken owner, we’ve got 8. Awesome do dads, all female (we flip trip whipping hope) and they’re like.... all different breeds.
The guy was like “yeah we have no idea what happened to these guys, the shipment was all messed up, so it’s a coin toss what breed you get :) have fun!”

One’s a jersey giant, one is a rode island red, there’s two meat chickens. And the rest we have no idea. Yes I’m aware of the choices we made and just how awful they are but we don’t really care because we love them all anyway. Rn there about 8 weeks old, living in a pen in our basement, yeah that was the plan I promise we do not abuse these babies. Anyway I’m gonna be honest w/ you, my mom grew up with these but I haven’t the slightest clue how to chicken.
I’m the epitome of that girl in the “look @ all those chickens!” Vine.

So like, we’re making them a chicken coop that costs more than my birth so they’ll be gucci. Any advice for someone about as intellectually adverse in chickens as a pine cone that’s been chewed by your dog, and as impulsive as a god dang Mercedes Benz?

Judge me and my dad all you want, I deserve it. This was th greatest awful idea we’ve ever conjured up.

Favorite birb: m e

Other: I’m desperate please
:)
neverandnone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Just curious, who else here has had to deal with bumbkefoot before? My poor duck is prone to it so I've had to do surgery and cure it a number of times.
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:38 pm

emo moth wrote:User: emo moth
Reason: REQUIRE ASSISTANCE BLE A S E
ok a y hi everyone! I’m a new chicken owner, we’ve got 8. Awesome do dads, all female (we flip trip whipping hope) and they’re like.... all different breeds.
The guy was like “yeah we have no idea what happened to these guys, the shipment was all messed up, so it’s a coin toss what breed you get :) have fun!”

One’s a jersey giant, one is a rode island red, there’s two meat chickens. And the rest we have no idea. Yes I’m aware of the choices we made and just how awful they are but we don’t really care because we love them all anyway. Rn there about 8 weeks old, living in a pen in our basement, yeah that was the plan I promise we do not abuse these babies. Anyway I’m gonna be honest w/ you, my mom grew up with these but I haven’t the slightest clue how to chicken.
I’m the epitome of that girl in the “look @ all those chickens!” Vine.

So like, we’re making them a chicken coop that costs more than my birth so they’ll be gucci. Any advice for someone about as intellectually adverse in chickens as a pine cone that’s been chewed by your dog, and as impulsive as a god dang Mercedes Benz?

Judge me and my dad all you want, I deserve it. This was th greatest awful idea we’ve ever conjured up.

Favorite birb: m e

Other: I’m desperate please

- Research permit requirements
- Coop placement is important—shade in summer, dry location in rainy climates
- 'People-friendly' coops and runs are easier to clean and maintain

-
- give them enough leavy greens, herbs, plants for chicken, fruit and vegi, baby chicken feed for, mineral and vit. that they need, keep them warm but with enough space to get away from the ceramic heat lamp or Brinsea EcoGlow Brooder for Chicks or Ducklings, they Need different size perch

-watch that the coop is proteted from mice, rat, an whatever....(wire or net not is predatoor prof...low quality chicken wire is not predator-proof—use hardware cloth or such) , also from cold and heat or rain and snow^^
- let a vet have a look a them if they realy are healthy^^
- as you got big and small chicken, you need a coop and run that is big enough for all of them(Buy or build a bigger coop than you think you need. Chicken math is real....go bigger the bether with all animal)
- outside in there run make it nice for them and interesting to move around, a habitat will alwys chage or grow for them, put in a dust bath...and a loose sand bath and earth ...as some chic like to bath in dry earth other in fne dust or sand, stones and perches to sit on, a chicken swing, wooden chicken flexible ladder, plants and places to hide under, animal grass, wood shavings.....chicken or bird toys...feeding ball

books that maybe can work^^
- Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre by Brett L. Markham
- The Chicken Chick's Guide to Backyard Chickens by Kathy Shea Mormino
-
101 Chicken Keeping Hacks from Fresh Eggs Daily:Tips, Tricks, and Ideas for You and your Hens Kindle Edition by Lisa Steele

- The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens, by Andy Schneider
The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens, Revised: Everything you need to know. . . and didn't know you needed to know about backyard and urban chickens Paperback – July 15, 2017

by Andy Schneider

- Chicken Coops: The Essential Chicken Coops Guide: A Step-By-Step Guide to Planning and Building Your Own Chicken Coop (Chicken Coops For Dummies, Chicken Coop Plans, How to Build a Chicken Coop) by Andy Jacobson
-Raising Chickens: Backyard Chickens for Beginners: Choosing the Best Breed, Feeding and Care, and Raising Chickens for Eggs by Maggie Gingrich

- Raising Chickens For Dummies by Kimberley Willis and Robert T. Ludlow
- Backyard Chickens: Beginner's Guide To Feeding, Caring And Raising Chickens For Eggs: (How To Keep Chickens, Raising Chickens For Dummies, Backyard Chickens) (Raising Chickens, Feeding Chickens) by Toby Flynn
- Building Chicken Coops For Dummies by Todd Brock , David Zook, et al.
-
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me