Poultry Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Which type of fowl is your favorite?

Standard Chicken
34%
Duck
15%
Geese
3%
Turkey
3%
Peafowl
4%
Pigeons
15%
Bantams
18%
Other
8%

Total votes : 473

Re: Poultry Lovers Club

Postby Strelok401 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 pm

I have 12 chickens at my parents' house, and that's why I chose them. I like pretty much all animals, but I've found that ducks are perverts, and that geese are often aggressive towards people...
Strelok401

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am

Strelok401 wrote:I have 12 chickens at my parents' house, and that's why I chose them. I like pretty much all animals, but I've found that ducks are perverts, and that geese are often aggressive towards people...

What kind? I have polish, red stars, easter eggers, a buff orpington, a cuckoo maran and some leghorns currently, but have had rhode island reds in the past as well.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Sparkfire wrote:
'Possum wrote:So I've got a bit of a dilemma...
I'm allowing myself another 20 bucks to spend on nonsense this week.
Should I spend it on CS$ and grab a few more sets of store pets before the next ones roll out for August?
Or should I get 4 new chicks from TSC?
I'm always up for extra trade fodder.
But I really need to add a few production birds to my flock this fall as my flock is more "designer birds" than utility and I'm just not getting enough eggs lately to justify keeping the flock to 'daHubby.

Get Chickenssssss.

I discovered I actually had enough CS$ left on my account to buy one set of the new store pets.
So I got those AND picked up four Leghorn pullets and a pair of Buff Orpington chicks from tsc ^_^

So excited for the little fluffiest! It's been a bad summer here for hatching with all the heat and humidity. So these are the first chicks I've had since spring. And those were hatchery supplied as well
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soundgarden » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:15 am

I just got 5 new babies for the family!

1 black sex link
2 blue andalusians
1 white leg horn
then then we hatched a mix of a cream leg bar/white leg horn/ Rhode island red

Their names are Raisin, Dixie, Mumbles, Luna, and Trinity!
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔══════════╗
signature credit
╚══════════╝
Soundgarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 am

SoundGarden wrote:I just got 5 new babies for the family!

1 black sex link
2 blue andalusians
1 white leg horn
then then we hatched a mix of a cream leg bar/white leg horn/ Rhode island red

Their names are Raisin, Dixie, Mumbles, Luna, and Trinity!

aaaaahh andalusians! I would love to have some of those but my dad likes hens that lay really really well, so leghorns are pretty much what we get every time we order. We do have a few random chickens that we bought though, but blue andalusians do not show up at feed stores in my area and pretty much only come in the mail.

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloven » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Okay...so this next week for us is supposed to be -40 degrees Fahrenheit....I have five chickens and they’re honestly pets so we don’t have like a barn for them or anything...I’m super scared for them. Their panel won’t be warm enough and this is like all week... we have a very small space in the garage but we have no way to contain them even in it. We only have a day to get ready and I really don’t want them to die...if anyone has ideas I need them...please

owo~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟 ~
boooo… He/Him/His

❁ Loves Coffee
❁ I am fairly active on here
❁ Feel free to call me Disrep
❁ I love to gift c:
❁ I love scenery items!
❁ I use multiple devices

CharactersKalonsArt

cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:06 pm

Disreputable wrote:Okay...so this next week for us is supposed to be -40 degrees Fahrenheit....I have five chickens and they’re honestly pets so we don’t have like a barn for them or anything...I’m super scared for them. Their panel won’t be warm enough and this is like all week... we have a very small space in the garage but we have no way to contain them even in it. We only have a day to get ready and I really don’t want them to die...if anyone has ideas I need them...please

I don't know anything about chickens (we keep ducks) and this might sound crazy, but if it were me and I thought my ducks were in danger from the cold, I'd take them inside the house and set them up in "brooders", like how you keep them as babies sometimes. A storage tub with bedding, food and water in it. If they try to jump out you may need a lid/cover to put over the tub. If It's mostly cold at night, you can put them out during the day and take them inside when it gets dark.

We have 2 ducks living like that right now, because they're kind of house ducks. And then there's my Warrior, the spoiled duck that gets to come diapered inside the house. She also has a winter coat and shoes for outside. Sounds crazy I know :P

Look up "diy stray cat shelter", it might work for your chickens?? I made one for Warrior once and put a heat lamp outside.

Sorry I can't offer much advice. I hope they'll all be okay! Good luck!
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Disreputable wrote:Okay...so this next week for us is supposed to be -40 degrees Fahrenheit....I have five chickens and they’re honestly pets so we don’t have like a barn for them or anything...I’m super scared for them. Their panel won’t be warm enough and this is like all week... we have a very small space in the garage but we have no way to contain them even in it. We only have a day to get ready and I really don’t want them to die...if anyone has ideas I need them...please

i really dont understand how or where do you Keep this animal?
you say they are loved pets....but when it is known that you get rain or snow in your area over the year...then why not give them a protected shelter, a chicken coop and own heat lamp and such :?:

are they just free in a garden or such without any protection :?: :shock:
and a Garage is o pace foor animal...when they are no protected from cold and heat have a good ground and all that work over needed for animal use...

all chicken coops are insulated or can be insulated with something, and when you put bubble wrap and straw partly around so atleast three sides are protected....
also in all is a part where you can set up a heat lamp w Infra Red Bulb With Hi/Low Switch, heat control and heat guard around this

or poultry heater

- maybe go into a farm animal/track store or pet store or whaever else is around f aimal, look into heat lamp with guard around,
- or take them into your home ...like in a puppy play pen w straw, something to sit on
- or infront of the wire a Handy Heater Compact Plug-In Digital Electric Heater with LED Display w frostguard and Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator... that some bird owner use to heat there aviary house. (also great is a Ceramic Wall Heating Panel Infrared Radiant Heater also with the temperaure controller^^ )

you can find this thngs on Amazon. c. o m too

did see there a Cozy Products CL Safe Chicken Coop Heater 200 Watts Safer Than Brooder Lamps, One Size, Black by Cozy (Looks not so bad)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloven » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:33 am

Luzien wrote:

i really dont understand how or where do you Keep this animal?
you say they are loved pets....but when it is known that you get rain or snow in your area over the year...then why not give them a protected shelter, a chicken coop and own heat lamp and such :?:

are they just free in a garden or such without any protection :?: :shock:
and a Garage is o pace foor animal...when they are no protected from cold and heat have a good ground and all that work over needed for animal use...

all chicken coops are insulated or can be insulated with something, and when you put bubble wrap and straw partly around so atleast three sides are protected....
also in all is a part where you can set up a heat lamp w Infra Red Bulb With Hi/Low Switch, heat control and heat guard around this

or poultry heater

- maybe go into a farm animal/track store or pet store or whaever else is around f aimal, look into heat lamp with guard around,
- or take them into your home ...like in a puppy play pen w straw, something to sit on
- or infront of the wire a Handy Heater Compact Plug-In Digital Electric Heater with LED Display w frostguard and Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator... that some bird owner use to heat there aviary house. (also great is a Ceramic Wall Heating Panel Infrared Radiant Heater also with the temperaure controller^^ )

you can find this thngs on Amazon. c. o m too

did see there a Cozy Products CL Safe Chicken Coop Heater 200 Watts Safer Than Brooder Lamps, One Size, Black by Cozy (Looks not so bad)

We have a heating panel in there. They have a large run area and coop so they’re safe normally. We have heated buckets and stuff so they’re well taken care of- the weather here normal gets to -10 but the whether is unpredictable and this is a severe record low in my area. They have a coop but we built it outselves and it’s in need of replacing actually so we don’t think it’ll bring them much warmth.

Last year we built a small run that we can carry so we’re going to try to bring it into the garage and just keep a car out in the driveway. *sigh* sorry I’m just very panicked. I love these chickens so so much. I said they were like pets not as in that we just let them do whatever, but in that I literally held them every day when they were chicks and how my family doesn’t even care if they lay eggs. We only have 5 so they’re easier to look after, and these five chickens have made me happier than a lot of things in life...I’ll try as many ideas as I can to get them inside.

Edit: we bought like two pet pen things to fold up in the garage or in a spot in my basement...we’ll get it tomorrow so that’s good...

I checked on them and their combs have like one or two small black spots each. I know it’s moderate frostbite so I checked their feet and they seem to be okay...I hope they can make it okay while their pen ships to my house...when that gets here tomorrow I’m taking them right inside and putting Vaseline on their combs and feet...

owo~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟 ~
boooo… He/Him/His

❁ Loves Coffee
❁ I am fairly active on here
❁ Feel free to call me Disrep
❁ I love to gift c:
❁ I love scenery items!
❁ I use multiple devices

CharactersKalonsArt

cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:02 am

I had to give my favorite chicken to my aunt because my other girls hated her ;-;

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items