The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Postby Zer0 the Her0 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:40 pm

If you can see it this is a photo of my abby guinea pig Elvis.
My Birthday is September12~
Soll!
Alioso!The Queen's Shadow!
Bassy!
Zer0 the Her0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zer0 the Her0 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Oh, if you want to see some head over to my post titled PetIRL by: Wolflover02 I can't add a link on my phone, can't use a computer cause it won't work...IDK why.
My Birthday is September12~
Soll!
Alioso!The Queen's Shadow!
Bassy!
Zer0 the Her0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:23 pm

are males or females better? I have an older male piggie who is a very messy eater.

Pepper

𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰
𝑠𝘩𝑒/𝘩𝑒𝑟
═════
█████
─────

═════

───────────────────
hi! my name is shadow &
i am a dog enthusiast &
writer! artist, roleplayer.
pms open!!
═══════════
TH ✧ art ✧ link here ✧ ©
───────────────────

shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lizbutt » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Sadly my life has hit a wall for hours at work and spare time, so I'm looking to rehome my two aby boars. Sadly I haven't found anyone and any Guinea rescues near me are over an hour drive and I wouldn't want to put them through that unless I know the long drive was to a new home! ☹️

You can call me a L I Z B U T T

{coffee lover}
Sign: Gemini

My username use to be Carry.
Lizbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Lizbutt wrote:Sadly my life has hit a wall for hours at work and spare time, so I'm looking to rehome my two aby boars. Sadly I haven't found anyone and any Guinea rescues near me are over an hour drive and I wouldn't want to put them through that unless I know the long drive was to a new home! ☹️

try putting up flyers, bring them to parks ( if you have a leash, then many kids will see them and you can tell them their for adopt) and other places they might spark interest.

also try making videos of them doing cute things (eating, playing, etc)

I wish I was near you, I'd take them in a second!

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lizbutt » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:23 pm

The flyers are a good idea, but I'd never stress them out by trying to take them out in public. D8

You can call me a L I Z B U T T

{coffee lover}
Sign: Gemini

My username use to be Carry.
Lizbutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Funsized wrote:
Lizbutt wrote:Sadly my life has hit a wall for hours at work and spare time, so I'm looking to rehome my two aby boars. Sadly I haven't found anyone and any Guinea rescues near me are over an hour drive and I wouldn't want to put them through that unless I know the long drive was to a new home! ☹️

try putting up flyers, bring them to parks ( if you have a leash, then many kids will see them and you can tell them their for adopt) and other places they might spark interest.

Guinea pigs should never be put on a leash. It can severely damage their spine and neck. I would also never recommend taking them out, especially to a park where there are often other animals such as dogs. Guinea pigs are prey animals and simply becoming frightened by the sight of a predator can cause them to have a heart attack, resulting in death. You also don't know what kind of pesticides and other chemicals may have been sprayed on the grass at a public location.
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:36 am

PeachFuzz wrote:
Funsized wrote:

Guinea pigs should never be put on a leash. It can severely damage their spine and neck. I would also never recommend taking them out, especially to a park where there are often other animals such as dogs. Guinea pigs are prey animals and simply becoming frightened by the sight of a predator can cause them to have a heart attack, resulting in death. You also don't know what kind of pesticides and other chemicals may have been sprayed on the grass at a public location.

during summer times usually dogs aren't allowed at those locations. I kind of feel you underestimate the strength of guinea pigs, most shops have leashes for guinea pigs and if they are only on the leash for about 20 minutes it wouldn't make much difference.

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:50 pm

I'm the summer is when I see most dogs at parks...

Leashes are bad for guinea pigs regardless of what the label says, everyone knows that pet shops are all about money and will sell products that can and will harm your pet. If you've seen a guinea pig stretched out, they're very very long animals because of how they're spine is. This point alone makes leashes bad and add to that a person tugged them around, it could do some serious damage. No matter what anybody says, a guinea pig is not going to like walking around in a big open space, they're prey animals they like hiding not being tugged around on something that shouldn't be on them in the first place. :thumbdown:
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yetzali » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:24 pm

okay, so he did get to her :///

well, good news is that she got through the back to back pregnancies quite well. i hope she continues to stay healthy and can cope with looking after the little babies. she had three of them last evening, so they're around 20 hours old, and they're quite cute! not as chubby as the last ones were when they arrived, but i think they look quite healthy. i'll try and get pictures of them some time soon.
      one of the babies has been following around our other female, which is i guess her older sister? the one from the last litter. she cleans her and they cuddle next to each other ahhhh. we have 7 pigs now, they go through food so fast eek

other good news, the two males we had to rehome have found a home! they're going there next week, which i'm happy about. i've been holding them a lot more to get them used to people, and wesley used to be TERRIFIED of people and not let them near him, but now he lays on my stomach and listens to music with me.
xImage
sarah
infj
she/they
pm me for dog pictures
yetzali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups