Poultry Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Which type of fowl is your favorite?

Standard Chicken
34%
Duck
15%
Geese
3%
Turkey
3%
Peafowl
4%
Pigeons
15%
Bantams
18%
Other
8%

Total votes : 471

Re: Poultry Lovers Club

Postby Violently Violet » Thu May 17, 2018 4:02 pm

waterparks. wrote:
    awww that's what it was like when i used to walk my dandelion (my ducky)! everyone would stop and want to pet him or just be like ???? what is happening here lol. it started out with me just wanting to let my duck roam around more than he could in my yard, but then i started going just to surprise people. it's definitely a fun thing to do, and it's a unique experience lol. so your duck lives in your house? i wish my parents would have let me do that growing up, but i did sneak mine inside occasionally.

Yeah I'm glad my parents let me keep her inside, if not, she would have been taken by a predator by now. But, as you know, ducks are overwhelmingly stinky and messy. She gets her water in her food and her food in her water, and covered in it as well. She poops EVERYWHERE, and stinks so much. Not to mention that her sleeping cage is in my room, so the smell is always there. My girl's worth it, though <3

Here's a picture of her, if anyone wants to see
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm

Sparkfire wrote:I am very sad to announce that on Friday a coyote came into my yard and grabbed my 8-month-old hen, Velvet. It was in broad daylight. We assumed it had already killed her, but wanted it to drop her so it did not think our farm was a good place for a free meal, so we chased it with a rake as it would have been gone by the time we had opened our gun safe, selected a weapon, loaded it and got out to shoot it. It ran away with Velvet. The chickens can no longer free range, the cat cannot go out, and my 75 lb. dog has to be walked at night instead of roaming free like she always has. We are planning to trap and kill it, but coyotes are very intelligent and hard to catch. Please note that in my state they are open season, so I am following the law in killing it asap. Velvet's sister and only brooder mate, Satin, is very sad and calls for her sister all the time, despite being with 19 other birds. Velvet was her best friend.

sad for the chicken hope she will find a new friend with one of the many other chickens....
but in areas with wild animal than can get in your animal, you really need to protect them well that nothing can get easy i and out.... and that is why you should electric fencing with a electric net as second fence line, there are even those ultrasound thingens to protect from such animal.....or when many chicken that are out all year then maybe 1-2 stock protection dog with free range chicken-sheep-goat(and a shelter for them)...and when no dog possible then two fixed mule ((when pasture is large enough) or a human watching over the animal... the coyote learn and stay away, and all can stay alive and happy! no shooting of animal that can be keept out and herd-flock stays safe.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am

Luzien wrote:
Sparkfire wrote:I am very sad to announce that on Friday a coyote came into my yard and grabbed my 8-month-old hen, Velvet. It was in broad daylight. We assumed it had already killed her, but wanted it to drop her so it did not think our farm was a good place for a free meal, so we chased it with a rake as it would have been gone by the time we had opened our gun safe, selected a weapon, loaded it and got out to shoot it. It ran away with Velvet. The chickens can no longer free range, the cat cannot go out, and my 75 lb. dog has to be walked at night instead of roaming free like she always has. We are planning to trap and kill it, but coyotes are very intelligent and hard to catch. Please note that in my state they are open season, so I am following the law in killing it asap. Velvet's sister and only brooder mate, Satin, is very sad and calls for her sister all the time, despite being with 19 other birds. Velvet was her best friend.

sad for the chicken hope she will find a new friend with one of the many other chickens....
but in areas with wild animal than can get in your animal, you really need to protect them well that nothing can get easy i and out.... and that is why you should electric fencing with a electric net as second fence line, there are even those ultrasound thingens to protect from such animal.....or when many chicken that are out all year then maybe 1-2 stock protection dog with free range chicken-sheep-goat(and a shelter for them)...and when no dog possible then two fixed mule ((when pasture is large enough) or a human watching over the animal... the coyote learn and stay away, and all can stay alive and happy! no shooting of animal that can be keept out and herd-flock stays safe.

The coyote was in my electric fence, and has had a taste of blood and will be back. Besides, all 7 houses in my countryside street are out after them, so not joining in will make everyone mad. They are pests, and other solutions will cost me more.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soundgarden » Sat May 19, 2018 3:20 am

Another one of my girls has gone broody! This time it's my white leg horn named Blanch, giving her 3 real eggs but 3 fake
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔══════════╗
signature credit
╚══════════╝
Soundgarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pura » Sat May 19, 2018 7:25 am

SoundGarden wrote:Another one of my girls has gone broody! This time it's my white leg horn named Blanch, giving her 3 real eggs but 3 fake

AW, is she being a screechy little dragon or just very fluffy?

lemon lime spine
Pura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soundgarden » Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Pura wrote:
SoundGarden wrote:Another one of my girls has gone broody! This time it's my white leg horn named Blanch, giving her 3 real eggs but 3 fake

AW, is she being a screechy little dragon or just very fluffy?

Both, she loves to be pet still but HATES when you touch near her butt, she's not nearly as screechy as my Barneys, they scream like they're being murdered, it's kinda funny
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔══════════╗
signature credit
╚══════════╝
Soundgarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:04 am

My poor duckie has bumblefoot :( I'm getting some special duck shoes for her, though, that should help. I've done surgery on her twice but I can't find the infection and her foot is so swollen.
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloven » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:40 am

Hi so here are my chickens!
All black one: Eegs
Brown one: N’zinga
Yellow one: ruby
Reddish one: Mrs. Dinkles
Black speckled one: Edgelord

You see though, I don’t know what kind of chicken ruby is
ImageImage
She lays brown eggs and I don’t know what she was supposed to be either. She’s a year old and I’ve been told she looks like an Easter egger based off of her crown and cheeks. But the colours seem off- any ideas?

owo~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟 ~
boooo… He/Him/His

❁ Loves Coffee
❁ I am fairly active on here
❁ Feel free to call me Disrep
❁ I love to gift c:
❁ I love scenery items!
❁ I use multiple devices

CharactersKalonsArt

cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloven » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:11 pm

Oh sorry and
Username: Disreputable
Why are you joining: I got five lovely chickens a year ago! Cutest babes ever!
Favorite poultry bird: chicken ^_^
Other: you can read my above post and those are my chickens!

owo~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟 ~
boooo… He/Him/His

❁ Loves Coffee
❁ I am fairly active on here
❁ Feel free to call me Disrep
❁ I love to gift c:
❁ I love scenery items!
❁ I use multiple devices

CharactersKalonsArt

cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Today was my little girl's (Warrior)'s first birthday! I made her a duck-safe cake and we'll give it to her tomorrow. I'll try to post pictures ^^
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me