Poultry Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Which type of fowl is your favorite?

Standard Chicken
34%
Duck
15%
Geese
3%
Turkey
3%
Peafowl
4%
Pigeons
15%
Bantams
18%
Other
8%

Total votes : 471

Re: Poultry Lovers Club

Postby Soundgarden » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:54 pm

The hen i found along a road side has had surgery and has made a full recovery!

And today was my 10 of my girls first birthday! So we had a big party, the girls had lots of fruit salad, corn bread, corn on the cob, and lots of oats

And we took pictures of them wearing a little "Happy Birthday" tiara
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔══════════╗
signature credit
╚══════════╝
Soundgarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Tue May 01, 2018 12:15 pm

waterparks. wrote:i used to take my pekin and mallard ducks for walks with harnesses and by holding them (: they loved it and people around my neighborhood thought it was really funny and liked to pet them <3 has anyone here walked their chicken/duck

I have a disabled duck who lives in the house. I've tried to get her used to her diaper harness with a leash before, but she hates it. She's easy to catch and doesn't run from us, anyway. We even took her camping with us once! Haha.
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pura » Wed May 16, 2018 5:29 am

Come back to cs after 7 years and my first act is posting pictures of my daughters

Coyote, a gold laced wyandotte and reigning queen of the coop; loves cuddles and annually gives me poison ivy because i cannot keep from indulging her demands for hugs

Dale Cooper, a silver laced wyandotte who is terrified of everything and in love with coyote. skittish unless there are superworms on the line, at which point she becomes Dale Cooper, Bug Obliterator

Saint Aldrich, a speckled sussex who is friendly, curious, but often picked on by the queen and her second in command. hobbies include: jumping on my back and getting footprints on my shirt, nesting wherever she pleases, and sunbathing

lemon lime spine
Pura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soundgarden » Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 am

Pura wrote:Come back to cs after 7 years and my first act is posting pictures of my daughters

Coyote, a gold laced wyandotte and reigning queen of the coop; loves cuddles and annually gives me poison ivy because i cannot keep from indulging her demands for hugs

Dale Cooper, a silver laced wyandotte who is terrified of everything and in love with coyote. skittish unless there are superworms on the line, at which point she becomes Dale Cooper, Bug Obliterator

Saint Aldrich, a speckled sussex who is friendly, curious, but often picked on by the queen and her second in command. hobbies include: jumping on my back and getting footprints on my shirt, nesting wherever she pleases, and sunbathing

Omg they’re so cute! The first one looks almost exactly like one of my girls
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔══════════╗
signature credit
╚══════════╝
Soundgarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 am

I am very sad to announce that on Friday a coyote came into my yard and grabbed my 8-month-old hen, Velvet. It was in broad daylight. We assumed it had already killed her, but wanted it to drop her so it did not think our farm was a good place for a free meal, so we chased it with a rake as it would have been gone by the time we had opened our gun safe, selected a weapon, loaded it and got out to shoot it. It ran away with Velvet. The chickens can no longer free range, the cat cannot go out, and my 75 lb. dog has to be walked at night instead of roaming free like she always has. We are planning to trap and kill it, but coyotes are very intelligent and hard to catch. Please note that in my state they are open season, so I am following the law in killing it asap. Velvet's sister and only brooder mate, Satin, is very sad and calls for her sister all the time, despite being with 19 other birds. Velvet was her best friend.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterparks. » Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Violently Violet wrote:I have a disabled duck who lives in the house. I've tried to get her used to her diaper harness with a leash before, but she hates it. She's easy to catch and doesn't run from us, anyway. We even took her camping with us once! Haha.

ahhh! how cute <3 i bet it was a very fun experience to camp with a ducky. i'm not sure why my ducks tolerated the harness, but i did use it on them when they were pretty young so that may be why.

@sparkfire i'm so sorry for your loss, velvet will be missed. i used to have the same problem when i lived out in the country where coyotes and raccoons were, but the raccoon actually broke into my chicken coop ): it was so devastating! i hope all the other birdies are safe and healthy <3
waterparks.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violently Violet » Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 pm

waterparks. wrote:
Violently Violet wrote:I have a disabled duck who lives in the house. I've tried to get her used to her diaper harness with a leash before, but she hates it. She's easy to catch and doesn't run from us, anyway. We even took her camping with us once! Haha.

ahhh! how cute <3 i bet it was a very fun experience to camp with a ducky. i'm not sure why my ducks tolerated the harness, but i did use it on them when they were pretty young so that may be why.

Funny thing, I actually just took her on her harness to the park the other day. Just by chance there was a birthday party going on so tons of kids were surrounding her and petting her. She was famous haha. Someone even asked to take a picture of her. And it was funny to watch people's eyes go from me, to the leash in my hand, then, when they assumed it must be a dog, down to my duck, and their eyes would go wide. A kid went past us on a bike and as he passed he exclaimed "what the heck?!". I think I've got to take her more places haha.
Violently Violet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterparks. » Thu May 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Violently Violet wrote:
waterparks. wrote:

Funny thing, I actually just took her on her harness to the park the other day. Just by chance there was a birthday party going on so tons of kids were surrounding her and petting her. She was famous haha. Someone even asked to take a picture of her. And it was funny to watch people's eyes go from me, to the leash in my hand, then, when they assumed it must be a dog, down to my duck, and their eyes would go wide. A kid went past us on a bike and as he passed he exclaimed "what the heck?!". I think I've got to take her more places haha.

awww that's what it was like when i used to walk my dandelion (my ducky)! everyone would stop and want to pet him or just be like ???? what is happening here lol. it started out with me just wanting to let my duck roam around more than he could in my yard, but then i started going just to surprise people. it's definitely a fun thing to do, and it's a unique experience lol. so your duck lives in your house? i wish my parents would have let me do that growing up, but i did sneak mine inside occasionally.
waterparks.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm

waterparks. wrote:
waterparks. wrote:
Violently Violet wrote:I have a disabled duck who lives in the house. I've tried to get her used to her diaper harness with a leash before, but she hates it. She's easy to catch and doesn't run from us, anyway. We even took her camping with us once! Haha

awww that's what it was like when i used to walk my dandelion (my ducky)! everyone would stop and want to pet him or just be like ???? what is happening here lol. it started out with me just wanting to let my duck roam around more than he could in my yard, but then i started going just to surprise people. it's definitely a fun thing to do, and it's a unique experience lol. so your duck lives in your house? i wish my parents would have let me do that growing up, but i did sneak mine inside occasionally.

My neighbor used to walk a bohr goat down the street. I live in the country and everyone knew about the goat until a new person moved in and I was lucky enough to be chasing a runaway dog up my driveway the day the newcomer met it. They just stared in disbelief, and after about 5 minutes shouted "what on earth! what the heck!"
I walked a chicken once, but they did not enjoy this very much. They prefer sledding and sitting in my bicycle basket and riding around instead.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soundgarden » Thu May 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Introducing "Horizon"
The newest member to the flock, hatched from my 1 year old Buff Orpington named Walnut and the dad a 3 year old Rhode Island Red named Big Red
Last edited by Soundgarden on Fri May 18, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

╔══════════╗
signature credit
╚══════════╝
Soundgarden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me