The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby Eevee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Wow! I wish this thread was more active! As I am a new ferret mom (I’ve had my ferrets for 5 months). I guess I’ll introduce my fuzzies in order that I got them and their story!

Daxter: One day I was scrolling through my Facebook page, and I am in local groups that sell and give away things near me. I have been wanting a ferret for quite sometime but I didn’t want to buy one from a store and no rescues had any near me. So this lady was giving away a ferret for FREE (huge red flag, as many people were interested that didn’t know anything about ferrets) luckily, I told her I would pick him up ASAP and that I have experience with small animals and have done my research. I picked him up 2 hours later and fell in LOVE! He was so scrawny when I got him (was being fed Marshall’s and was given a bath every week!!). I switched his diet to digestive support and now he is such a chunky and happy boy! He will always be mommas favorite <3 I named Daxter after a video game character from Jak and Daxter! ;)

Ireland and Dublin: At this time a month has past and I have been searching for a new friend for Daxter. I had no interest in getting anymore than 2 ferrets. So I was in a ferret group on Facebook that rehomed ferrets all across the US. And someone was giving away these beautiful ferrets along with their double ferret nation cage. I LOVED these ferrets! Literally love at first sight. And lucky for me, they were only a 2 hour drive from me! So that’s when I picked up my little sable girl and champagne boy <3 I kept their names because I loved them so much!

Tesla(Tess): Soooo this story was a little bit aggravating. I was selling Daxters old cage (a kaytee cage as I didn’t need it anymore) on my local sell site I told you about in Daxters story. And this lady told me she was getting a ferret and wanted to buy the cage from me (I was selling a brand new $100 cage for $40). She tried to haggle me and I told her the lowest I’ll go is #FF80BF5 (this concerned me, because ferrets are so expensive and she told me she couldn’t afford the $40 cage) so we agreed on #FF80BF5. She then showed me pictures of the ferret she got. A beautiful little champagne girl. We discussed proper ferret care so this little girl would get the best life possible. Then the day came that she was supposed to pick up the cage, and never showed up! (I was fine with that, as I sold the cage a week later.) then, she messaged me 3 days after she didn’t pick the cage up, and told me if I wanted this ferret. And I said I would have to ask my husband, as we already have 3 and I didn’t really want another. Then she proceeded to tell me her husky was trying to eat this ferret and the ferret hasn’t been out of its cage for 3 days because the dog is trying to eat it!! ;-; so I told her I will come pick up the ferret and she CHANGES HER MIND!! Then an hour later, she messages again that her husky almost got the ferret but missed. At this point, I needed to get this ferret out of this situation. I offered to pay for the ferret and pick it up ASAP. And that’s how I got my beauty Tesla ^_^ I’m glad she made it through that awful time. She was being fed a Walmart ferret food ;0; but she transitioned to wysong pretty fast.

I love my babies and I can’t wait to see others story’s/ pictures of their ferrets!

Eevee / Formerly Bleedingjay
looking to complete
my item collection. Any wl
items are greatly appreciated.
currently looking for dreamies:
pps malk dragon, td coontail, ba and bmd
I hoard B&W border collies and Grey Border Collies.
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taylor8954824 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:46 am

I have 8 ferrets o:
CS pets for ala cash or bones

Image[br]Come join us at the dog game of the century, Alacrity!
taylor8954824

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:10 pm

taylor8954824 wrote:I have 8 ferrets o:

Wow! I thought 4 was a nightmare XD

looking to complete
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 am

This thread is too dead. I want to see the cutest pics of everyone's cat snakes

Here is Charlie. He is my absolute cutest ^^

This is Lola. She is my sweet girl, but she has anxiety

And this is Bear. He is cute, but he is beyond bad most of the time lol
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:11 am

@~Lunarwolf~
Here are my sweeties <3 I also wish this thread was more active!
This is Ireland. My very tiny and evil girl <3
This is Tesla. She is super hyper and the youngest of my business
This is Dublin. He is my sweet boy that loves to give kisses! He gets spooked very easily and is very clumsy.
And Daxter! My first ferret that made me fall in love!

looking to complete
Please trade me them!

Eevee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:06 pm

Oh my gosh. I don't have any ferrets of my own but I love how they are sometimes refereed to as cat snakes and long bois c:
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:51 am

@Bleedingjay
Your fur babies are adorable :D

@cswolf
They are the greatest pet I have ever owed. How can you not love a face like this?
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puffy the Hyena » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:52 am

My parents forbid me from having ferrets because of their "savage nature" and "bad smell" but boy oh boy do I love them so much. Their adorable little boople snoots and wiggly bodies are absolutely adorable and everyone here has such cute babies! We must keep this thread alive, I need more wiggly cat snakes.
x

┌───────┐

Current
hyperfixation:

Disney
Duckverse

quack

└───────┘

┌─────────────────────┐

Howdy! I'm Puffy Wuffy, or just Puffy!

She/her • Autistic • Furry • Rodent lover
I only have the brain capacity to focus on
one fandom at a time, check my carrd
for all the stuff I'm into lol

This is Steve. He's wants you to
remember to treat yourself nicely!

└─────────────────────┘

┌───────┐

Sig formatting
by Lacuna -->©

Art in pfp
done by me!

└───────┘
x
Puffy the Hyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:18 am

Puffy the Hyena wrote:My parents forbid me from having ferrets because of their "savage nature" and "bad smell" but boy oh boy do I love them so much. Their adorable little boople snoots and wiggly bodies are absolutely adorable and everyone here has such cute babies! We must keep this thread alive, I need more wiggly cat snakes.

That sucks. Ferrets are great pets. Find informational websites (make sure they are reputable) and videos and show them to your parents. You can start by just casually mentioning facts randomly, then showing cute videos, etc... That might help warm them up to ferrets a little bit. I live with my boyfriend, so just went and got our first one after I felt I had done enough research
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Troopercat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 am

I'm planning to own a ferret when im older. but rn i can't because i worry I'm not responsible enough to own one. and my cats might eat it o.o
She/Her
ImageImageImage
I swear i come online, I just haven't been drawing stuff here, Check out my Toyhou.se for my recent Drawings!
TH YT
Troopercat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me