Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby LizzytheWolf » Thu May 24, 2018 12:23 am

Hi everyone!

We moved again, after being in the new house for barely two months, all the way to the other side of the country. Its so cold here in the morning that I start to miss the beach and the warm breeze.
My friend's parents broke up and sent her to live with her grandma, my parents know her grandma really well so they figured it was a good idea to move.

The dogs thought otherwise. Chess has had a really bad sneeze because her allergies are going crazy. Sergio and the little puffball have been exploring the new house and Justin follows them around and tries catching mice. Its an amazing old farmhouse and my brother loves it here but I just can't wait to see what school is like.
I can finally make a new start with new friends!
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tipsy » Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 am

Imzadi83 wrote:Yes, but usually not nearly enough to make a valuable difference. First step is to cut back on table scraps and and stop free feeding. Feeding should ideally be done only in a puzzle toy or doled out during the day through training.

Is it even worth trying? I won't be able to stop the table food or free feeding, I could only do long walks ( and her owner is even trying to stop that)

.Middy. wrote:Tipsy! I noticed I haven’t seen as much Swizzy this year, hopefully you can figure out the weight thing! You may need to check her thyroid?

Me neither! It sucks I've been so busy with school, I even quit my job to spend more time with her but that just gave my family a reason to ship me off to a relative house for the summer. She's doing well though, it actually a different dog I'm talking about with the weight. What is thyroid?
Also (I'm very late) congrats on the new dog!

This is the dog in question, her name is Ruby. I'm stuck with her for the summer and I feel so bad.

Also Im dog sitting Stella for a week
ImageImageImageImage
I think I mentioned her on here before? She's a dream, I absolutely love German shepherd.
She does have some human aggression (I'm still trying to figure out her triggers) but she's so big and scary people run away before we even reach them.
Wub.

Tipsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Thu May 24, 2018 9:09 am

Gamora. wrote:
      Dog breeds that aren't bully breeds but are often mistaken for them? And go!

I know a person who thought Great Danes and rottweilers were bully breeds,
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:41 am

Tipsy wrote:
Imzadi83 wrote:Yes, but usually not nearly enough to make a valuable difference. First step is to cut back on table scraps and and stop free feeding. Feeding should ideally be done only in a puzzle toy or doled out during the day through training.

Is it even worth trying? I won't be able to stop the table food or free feeding, I could only do long walks ( and her owner is even trying to stop that)

That is ultimately up to you. It is beneficial, but there's no way to quantify how much.

DOG TREAT RECALL

Merrick & Castor & Pollux https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/merrick-recalls-multiple-dog-treats/
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu May 24, 2018 11:41 am

Maoicfer- Haha training mainly. My dogs are trained to stop, look at the camera, and perk their ears all on cue. Plus various tricks that make for cute photos. For that photo it was a simple, sit, wait, and ear perk.

Tipsy- Oh! Glad it’s not Swizzy! I miss her cute face, sorry you got shipped off for the summer, I can’t wait until you get back with her and can get more photos!
And thanks, she’s horrible but I adore her lol

Speaking of, did I tell y’all about the pet expo last weekend? Probably a thousand+ people, hundreds of dogs, ferrets, pigs, just all sorts of critters and my little 5 month old rocked it! I had some trouble in the beginning communicating cues through the leash, but once I switched her collar she was able to understand much better what I wanted and stayed on a loose leash, didn’t approach others, and even held some stays with me at a distance! (A good 10-15 ft away looking for someone lol) really proud of how this girl is turning out! Now she needs to get bigger so I can buy her fancy collars and we can do more sports!

She did get to try lure there and loved it! I can’t wait to get into it more! We start puppy agility soon, and may be starting a dock diving class this weekend!

We got to meet a few online friends as well. The second photo is Miya on the right and Aero who we know from IG and FB on the left!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 pm

drift. wrote:
Gamora. wrote:

I know a person who thought Great Danes and rottweilers were bully breeds,

I thought Rottweilers were? At least that's what google says.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Thu May 24, 2018 3:06 pm

you're probably right, I wasn't sure and the first website I clicked on to make sure didn't list it. whoops :')
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Gamora. wrote:

Boston Terriers
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Thu May 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Imzadi83 wrote:
Gamora. wrote:

Boston Terriers

They are a bully breed.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 am

rotties are not bully breeds c: they’re often mistaken for them.

..if i did my googling correct, at least. i don’t see rottweilers listed as a bully breed anywhere.
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me