Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Faybell » Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am

nearly.witches wrote:
hello, my name is mel, and i have gone 16 years of my life
without a pet/dog, and animals are my fave things in the entire world.

so please

anyone and everyone feel free to send me pictures of your dogs. please.
thanks ;0;

My male 7 month old Yorkie, Wick. He's such a sassy boy. <3

Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am

a few pictures i took a few minutes ago ❤️

Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Thu May 17, 2018 12:59 pm

[
nearly.witches wrote:
hello, my name is mel, and i have gone 16 years of my life
without a pet/dog, and animals are my fave things in the entire world.

so please

anyone and everyone feel free to send me pictures of your dogs. please.
thanks ;0;

I can't resist an opportunity to share photos of my big Golden Retriever Edgar. ❤️
PS: His birthday was May 4th & now he's 7!
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kishu. » Thu May 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Cardinal wrote:
kishu. wrote:

has anyone ever done conformation or rally before? if anyone has done
    any of these dog sports, what is it like? is it easy or is it hard? i am
    willing to participate into either conformation or rally so i could take
    my passion for dogs to the next level. is it hard to study the standards
    of a certain dog breed?

Rally is lots of fun and a very open sport, and its pretty easy tobdabble in! Barn hunt is another fun sport

Conformation depends entirely upon the breed; some breeds are cut throat compeditive while others are more lax. Did you buy your dog as a confirmation prospect?

oohh, i think i'll try and do rally!! no, but i'm thinking about purchasing him
    as a confirmation prospect. i'm getting a working dog and i really want to
    showcase the breed as a junior show prospect. if i don't get the opportunity
    to purchase my puppy as a show prospect, then are the signals of rally
    complex to learn? sorry if i i ask too many questions about the dog sports, i'm
    just so curious about them since i want to get myself into something different.
work in progress
kishu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✿

Postby Cardinal » Thu May 17, 2018 2:35 pm

kishu. wrote:
Cardinal wrote:
kishu. wrote:

has anyone ever done conformation or rally before? if anyone has done
    any of these dog sports, what is it like? is it easy or is it hard? i am
    willing to participate into either conformation or rally so i could take
    my passion for dogs to the next level. is it hard to study the standards
    of a certain dog breed?

Rally is lots of fun and a very open sport, and its pretty easy tobdabble in! Barn hunt is another fun sport

Conformation depends entirely upon the breed; some breeds are cut throat compeditive while others are more lax. Did you buy your dog as a confirmation prospect?

oohh, i think i'll try and do rally!! no, but i'm thinking about purchasing him
    as a confirmation prospect. i'm getting a working dog and i really want to
    showcase the breed as a junior show prospect. if i don't get the opportunity
    to purchase my puppy as a show prospect, then are the signals of rally
    complex to learn? sorry if i i ask too many questions about the dog sports, i'm
    just so curious about them since i want to get myself into something different.

Conformation realllyyy depends on the breed as I said some breeds are more compeditive, some breeds form follows function and a good working dog is a good conformation dog, rare breeds arent as compeditive as theyre less common in the ring and their may only be a couple prospects.. whether theyre fantastic examples or not.. some breeds are more political and judges may favor lines theyre familiar with.. and lastly some venues are easier than others.. A Doberman can fail at an AKC show but do very well at a UKC show. :silent: If your chosen breeder does conformation (and they should be getting an outsider persoective, kennel blindness is very real!) theres no guarentee the puppies will be compeditive in the ring but your breeder should know this. :)

Nearly all Rally is just basic obedience which makes it so inviting and open :) The people Ive met have also been very kind and fun! Truthfully theres no shortage is dog sports and theres lots of great people in the sport world! Rally, Barn hunt, earthdog, obedience, tracking, nose work, ipo, agility, disc, freestyle, herding, lure coursing, trick dog titles, dock diving, fieldwork, hog dogging, squirrel dog trials, flyball.. so many!
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kishu. » Fri May 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Cardinal wrote:Conformation realllyyy depends on the breed as I said some breeds are more compeditive, some breeds form follows function and a good working dog is a good conformation dog, rare breeds arent as compeditive as theyre less common in the ring and their may only be a couple prospects.. whether theyre fantastic examples or not.. some breeds are more political and judges may favor lines theyre familiar with.. and lastly some venues are easier than others.. A Doberman can fail at an AKC show but do very well at a UKC show. :silent: If your chosen breeder does conformation (and they should be getting an outsider persoective, kennel blindness is very real!) theres no guarentee the puppies will be compeditive in the ring but your breeder should know this. :)

Nearly all Rally is just basic obedience which makes it so inviting and open :) The people Ive met have also been very kind and fun! Truthfully theres no shortage is dog sports and theres lots of great people in the sport world! Rally, Barn hunt, earthdog, obedience, tracking, nose work, ipo, agility, disc, freestyle, herding, lure coursing, trick dog titles, dock diving, fieldwork, hog dogging, squirrel dog trials, flyball.. so many!

ah, i see. so it really depends on the breed and the venue. well, if
    i'm beginning on starting on conformation, then i think it would be
    best to do like a venue that specifies in a certain breed, right? i think
    it would be easier than going to a venue that's more bigger and has a
    larger expansion of breeds unlike a dog that specifies on a certain
    breed, which makes it easier.. well, that's my assumption. aaa that's
    good to know that dobermans do well at ukc shows!! it sucks that
    they fail at akc shows though. despite rally being fun and welcoming
    to people all of levels when it comes to dog sports, i fear that it might
    be challening because i'm going to be working with a breed that seems
    pretty strong-willed. i'm getting a japanese akita soon and as i said
    eariler, i really would love to take my passion for dogs (especially
    this breed) to the next level. aaaa yes there are endless choices
    for dog sports!! that's cool that people seem friendly when it comes
    to different dog sports especially rally since rally is welcoming like
    you said!! but since i'm going to purchase a dog breed that's quite
    willful, i fear that my choices for dog sports might limit because
    i feel like most dog sports might not be suitable for a japanese
    akita. i really would love to try nose work and rally!! since
    rally is basic obedience, it isn't as challenging as advanced
    obedience.. and i don't want to end up pushing my poor akita
    baby. i really appreciate your informative reply, thank you so
    much!! now i know what to expect when it comes to these two
    dog sports.. well, i'm going to have to do a lot of research and
    training when it comes to dog sports because i'm TOTALLY NEW TO
    THIS. but nonetheless, thank you!! <3
work in progress
kishu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heartleafed » Fri May 18, 2018 10:27 pm

@kishu
      it seems a lot of the nicer breeders do some sports with their dogs now, so it could be worth looking into a breeder who does if you're interested in a sport prospect, that said regardless you should mention to the breeder that you pick that you're interested in doing sports, conformation, etc with your puppy and they should match you with a puppy that suits your needs, even in breeds that are more stubborn you can find a few that are reasonably biddable

some sports also require less handler input and are more based on your dog's drive, i know akita inu were breed originally for hunting although i'm not sure how much of that still remains but that does open up some more options for you i would think, also worth keeping in mind that a dog doesn't have to be great at something for you to compete

it would also be worth attending local competitions (confirmation or sport), or looking to see if maybe you have a local akita club (though that could be tricky if you're in a country where akita inu are the less common variety but still) that you can get information from and see what dogs there do what sports, and feel out how competitive things are all in all, plus this being your first time i doubt finding someone more experienced to guide you in the flesh would be a bad thing
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Sat May 19, 2018 3:23 am

So I brought my puppy home yesterday.... he's a little sad without his mom and siblings, but we have been bonding pretty well.
Anyway, I took a few pics this morning cause he was being so cute and playful, but he isn't very photogenic.... :lol:

So, I had another question, do any of you make toys at home? If so what kinds of toys do you make? We have made tug toys and such but I was wondering what others have made.
Forever isn't long enough, I need you forever and a day,
in every lifetime and every universe, through every smile and tear,
by my side, not forever, but for eternity. - ➸

VET
Echo Revna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Sat May 19, 2018 3:32 am

GodmadeusallUnique wrote:So I brought my puppy home yesterday.... he's a little sad without his mom and siblings, but we have been bonding pretty well.
Anyway, I took a few pics this morning cause he was being so cute and playful, but he isn't very photogenic.... :lol:
-snip-

So, I had another question, do any of you make toys at home? If so what kinds of toys do you make? We have made tug toys and such but I was wondering what others have made.

I don't make many toys for my pup because she is so destructive. However, we have really old towels that fall apart and strips get torn off. I collect those and braid them into tug toys. I have also seen people using old jeans, shirts, fleece, etc to make tugs.

On another note, I am planning on bringing Skai to her first baseball game. I still have to get permission to go, but when I do, and if I do go, I will take pictures and share.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat May 19, 2018 6:58 am

GodmadeusallUnique wrote:So I brought my puppy home yesterday.... he's a little sad without his mom and siblings, but we have been bonding pretty well.

he looks cute, what breed is he?

maybe one of this sniffing carpets, you can make them from natural wool stripes or such^^ or plastic bottles you put a hole on the middle and put a stick or rope through and treats inside then set it up on tiny wood fence post and let the puppy try to get the treats (did see this for dogs and goats)^^
there are some lovely do it yourself ideas out there :D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me