Calling All Rat Lovers/Owners!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

How Much Do You Love Rats?

I LOVE THEM TO ALL THE GALAXIES AND BACK!
50%
I ADORE THEM!
14%
I love them.
6%
I think they are cute. (Never owned one so I don't know the greatness of them)
30%

Total votes : 545

Re: Calling All Rat Lovers/Owners!

Postby rat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 am

Hiya, I currently have one top eared rat, Pippin, she's a blue capped and the love of my life. Since rats are pack animals i'm getting another female very soon to keep her company. Any advice on diet? I currently make her food consisting of different grains, grain cereal, pieces of hamburger 3 times a week, and various fruit that changes from time to time so I don't want to type it out, She also gets plain pasta as a treat sometimes. Is there anything else I could be adding? I made sure to do my research as she was expecting, but she miscarried. She seems to be eating and drinking fine, just wanna make sure i'm doing everything i can to make her live a long happy life :^)

edit: I can't buy lab blocks but i make sure she has plenty of toys to chew on in her cage and i have her out at least 6 hours a day as she just sleeps on my shoulder haha
..Image - fr lair - afrma - th - swe stables
    | nick
    |he/him

| i breed health tested american bullies irl :^)
    | guest artist for SWEs
rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:13 am

ahhh, my boys have been fighting, and now Ziggy has a little cut on his back! It's not bleeding anymore, and I've cleaned it with salt water. Is there anything else I can do, or do you think he'll be okay?

The scab is quite small, about the size of the tip of a cotton bud you use to clean your ears, maybe slightly bigger?

EDIT:: they don't fight very often, this is the first time either of them have had a cut, and they're both about a year old now!
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:19 am

Hi! I have five girls. (I know, I'm lucky.) A rescued mismarked black hooded (Misty), a siamese (Amelia), a black marten dumbo (Reagen), and two berkshire dumbos (Morticia and Wednesday). I have been owning rats since I was six years old. (I am currently -removed-.) I love my little babies, and I'm pretty sure I always will. I can't wait to start talking to all my fellow rat lovers!
Last edited by Seasonal on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information removed
Image Image
𝑰𝑭 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭
hi! i'm aubrey. i love trades and
pms. i have bpd so i'm sorry if
if i'm moody! i'm an infj/4w5/cn

█████████████
─────────────
█████
█████

abt spty
trd mcr
█████
───𝑴𝒀𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭?
LIGHTS OFF
♏︎☀ - ♏︎ - ♒︎
( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Hey guys, I've wanted rats for two years but my parents think no, I've actually considered keeping one in secret (;

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lost Gremlin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Funsized wrote:Hey guys, I've wanted rats for two years but my parents think no, I've actually considered keeping one in secret (;

Honestly, I wouldn't. Keeping pets in secret is never a good idea, especially if you're young and living at home with parents. And one should never keep a single rat alone, unless the rat has some severe behavioral issues.
If medical problems arise that need treating, or an obvious smell develops or something else along those lines, then they'll find out sooner or later. Plus, considering the size of what a decent cage is, it'd be pretty hard to hide it effectively.
If they do, they may make you get rid of the rats anyway.

There has to be a reason as to why they won't let you... and really, you shouldn't try to force them if they really don't want rats in the house. You're probably best just letting it slide until you can move out.
The Lost Gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 am

winged-backpack wrote:ahhh, my boys have been fighting, and now Ziggy has a little cut on his back! It's not bleeding anymore, and I've cleaned it with salt water. Is there anything else I can do, or do you think he'll be okay?

The scab is quite small, about the size of the tip of a cotton bud you use to clean your ears, maybe slightly bigger?

EDIT:: they don't fight very often, this is the first time either of them have had a cut, and they're both about a year old now!

Second time lucky...he's got a second one now, but Stardust is still free from them. I'm thinking they could have mites?
Any opinions?
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jewel Melody » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:26 am

Hey, people! c:
I absolutely ADORE rats, but I want be able to get one for at least five years when I move out and am financially stable, and that's because my mom thinks they are "things" that belong in death traps... :'c
Anyway, I hope you all are having a wonderful day with your beauties, and I hope I can convince my mom for them <3
Hey! I don’t really play anymore (just logged on for the first time in years lol)
Rules
EVERYTHING IS FREE
You are limited to 10 pets (items idc)
IF your trade is auto canceled- send another!
You are limited to 2 very rares and 4 rares
One trade per day (come back tomorrow!)
I might be slow with responding but I’ll get to everyone as soon as I can. Have fun! :)
Jewel Melody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaineiacJay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:35 am

Hello fellow rat lovers!!

I have 18 rats currently, in 2 double critter nations. I own a rattery and love all the varieties, but I focus on C-Locus varieties, specifically Siamese, Marten and Bermese. I want to get a tonkinese one of these days! My other focus are marbles and silvermanes. Most of my rats are one of the above, but I have a few that aren't used for breeding that are just standard marked :)

Here are some of my ratties

I have a current litter of martens and siamese, a whole 17! They just weaned and man are they cute!! This is a little boy I'm keeping ❤
Birthday: July 13 | Anniversary: September 18
Welcoming our daughter 1/7/19 ❤
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:37 am

MaineiacJay wrote:Hello fellow rat lovers!!

I have 18 rats currently, in 2 double critter nations. I own a rattery and love all the varieties, but I focus on C-Locus varieties, specifically Siamese, Marten and Bermese. I want to get a tonkinese one of these days! My other focus are marbles and silvermanes. Most of my rats are one of the above, but I have a few that aren't used for breeding that are just standard marked :)

Here are some of my ratties

I have a current litter of martens and siamese, a whole 17! They just weaned and man are they cute!! This is a little boy I'm keeping ❤

can i steal all your rats pls! i love siamese, and i hope one day to own another but with black eyes instead of red or ruby XD

i also want to own an odd eye rat, tailess rat too, and do reverse siamese rats exist?

i currently own 7 rats, 2 are hairless, theyre about 5 months old, pikachu and pompeii, my oldest is going on 33 months in 3 days, shes named pipsqueak, precious has a massive tmor, but no surgery for her, shes pretty much wild and it took stealth to get her to the vet last week to get the vets opinion, he said shes not suffering and doesnt need PTS, her sister, is midnight, she had a lump removed last year in august, she was about 9-10 months old, her 2 daughters are overweight >.> ashe has an abscess and a tumor, shes currently on antibiotics and surgery for lump removal next week, and splashe is her sister, same litter, the petshop i bought precious and midnight from had a buy one get one free, i bought one and got 10 free, midnight had 9 babies ;.;

im currently at 7 rats, 1 mouse, and a cat
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaineiacJay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Aww, I am sorry about your girl with the tumor, glad it's not bothering her much.

I am working towards a black eye siamese line. I have one girl with that gene currently, River.

I also have an odd eye boy, but he's not a breeder since I am unsure of his lineage and odd eye is very often a sign of dominant white spotting, which is a gene associated with megacolon, which is a fatal condition and genetic. But he is a cutie for sure!!

No reverse siamese. The color points on the C-Locus are die to something called acromelanism, which is thermal sensitive, the points are darker in "cold spots," which is the nose, ears, feet, butt and tail. These points are also darker in colder months :) it's a very cool variety from a genetic stand point.

Although martens look sorto of reversed. They can come in any color, but have a white mask. The litter I have currently are black martens. They look marbled as babies bit lose it as they age, but keep the white mask.
Birthday: July 13 | Anniversary: September 18
Welcoming our daughter 1/7/19 ❤
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me