Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby 86Eternity » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 am

Keighan. wrote:omg its a dog that kinda looks like a pitbull
* yanks small dogs and children away*

Oh Hell I get this problem all the time.
Seriously! Pitbulls are banned where I live! Calm down! (I am against the pitbull ban, just fyi).
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:39 am

Zonbitaigā wrote:*tries to mimic my beagles howling*

*makes beagle howl louder when I’m trying to make her stop*

*other dog joins in on the howling and I’m stuck listening to two dogs howling nonstop and an annoying human pretending to howl too*

~DarkRose~ wrote:My puppy is not leash-trained, so she pulls on the leash and tries to run. Even though I tell her not to, my sister lets her run anyways, which just teaches the dog that's she's in control. :(

That is why I don’t let my siblings walk the dogs

Oh my gosh I get this, my brother will constantly mimic my dog when he's barking and its SO ANNOYING, and he never stops.

When people don't keep track of their dogs.. one time while taking a walk with Trump a neighbors dog (a very hyper Springer puppy, I think she's about 12 months now so we don't have this problem now usually) would just come up to us and start making Trump hyper, they'd leap and roll around playfully, and a few times the neighbor wasn't even home?? Actually happened twice. And it's about idk half a mile to our house to theirs, sooo while trying to get back to the house they'd just be playing without a worry in the world, it also makes me nervous that the dog would get hit by a car so that's nice v.v And then it would get Trump in a super hyper mood, and it'd happen all the time (though usually the neighbor was there and would notice.. after a few minutes *COUGHS*) Also my sisters violin teacher's young cat got mauled by a dog and died. How hard is it to keep track of the dog???
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinewuui » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:47 pm

My dad and I share 4 poison dart frogs. People think we're crazy witchdoctors or something because appearantly if you even come near a dart frog they'll kill you. However, domestic dart frogs aren't even harmful because they dont eat ants like those in the wild do. Its not terrible, but it gets annoying.

⇢ ˗ˏˋWHAT YOU LACK... IS THIS! ♡

juno/ulysses - they/it - certified cs "veteran"
every now and then i return to this lawless wasteland of a website out of
curiosity hi everyone. i make arts and stuff. check out my toyhouse. i like dmc,
suda51 games and mgs. that's all you need to know.
sinewuui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:18 pm

Anyone who approaches me with the following mindsets: "I have a dog so your dog will react to everything the same way mine does" or "I know more about your dog than you do because I have met dogs before". Just! No! Honestly, it's like these people have never grown out of an egocentric concept of everything that whatever you see is what always happens. And it's not little kids that I would expect that from, it's adults!

Also, the story that "all pitties kill cats" is just bull. No, some pitties do. A lot of pit bulls have been abused. But the dogs that have the strong prey drive necessary to actively try and harm all your small pets? Terriers! Pitties and rottweilers and german shepherds and dobermans and the like aren't bred to kill, they're bred to cuddle!

Also, people bringing their small children with them to the dog park. Bring your dog and yourself and your attention. Leave the rugrat at home. No, my dog shouldn't chase your kid around, but your kid shouldn't be running around dogs the same size as it and getting them all riled up and playful. No one is the hero in that story.

But a shoutout to some strangers I met when my dog, Nina, got off her leash and went sprinting across two busy streets into a different neighborhood in a blizzard, who helped as best they could and had learned how to react to her and how to corral her into a car so I could grab her. A lot of these posts complain about people, and people deserve it, but hey, sometimes people are really well-educated on animals and pretty chill. Shoutout to them.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L_iv.pl » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:49 pm

I have a cockatiel and my friend has two of her own birds. Every time I text her (Since we are long way away from eachover and rarely meet up) she always asks about my bird and never says a word about her own. I send her pictures like she wants and talk about my bird to her but it's getting annoying since shes constantly doing that. I know I had a bad time with two of my old birds and I'm not sure if she's testing me with seeding if my bird is still alive or she just really likes my bird but it's annoying for me. :(
[i]♡ ═════════════════ ♡
Oliwia •♡• INTJ •♡•

║ [i]Hey! Genshin friends? EU/AR55 ♡

♡ ═════════════════ ♡
L_iv.pl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aj_cookie04 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:27 am

What annoys me is when everyone wants to hold your bearded dragon at the most inconvenient and unnecessary times
Aj_cookie04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Kira_Nightblade wrote:When people don't keep track of their dogs.. one time while taking a walk with Trump a neighbors dog (a very hyper Springer puppy, I think she's about 12 months now so we don't have this problem now usually) would just come up to us and start making Trump hyper, they'd leap and roll around playfully, and a few times the neighbor wasn't even home?? Actually happened twice. And it's about idk half a mile to our house to theirs, sooo while trying to get back to the house they'd just be playing without a worry in the world, it also makes me nervous that the dog would get hit by a car so that's nice v.v And then it would get Trump in a super hyper mood, and it'd happen all the time (though usually the neighbor was there and would notice.. after a few minutes *COUGHS*) Also my sisters violin teacher's young cat got mauled by a dog and died. How hard is it to keep track of the dog???

This.
Just this.
Except much worse.

Ever since my neighbours got their one dog, it's been so irritating for me and my dog.
They don't watch her, they don't have a fence, no electric fence, no cable, nothing. They don't even stand outside to watch her. They just put her outside and that's it.
My family and I have almost hit her countless times while driving. She always bolts out of thin air and stands in front of the vehicle barking. There's been too many close calls, I still can't believe we haven't even bumped her yet.
She also gets the sense she can just roam other people's yards and do whatever. I actually taught my dog to use the bathroom in the woods so I would never have to worry about stepping in something or cleaning it up in the yard, it's awesome! But now that she comes up into our yard, there's always a pile somewhere, or she's ruined my mom's plants in the flower beds from peeing on them. She also has a tendency to pee on our stuff.. and it's like she really tries to! She managed to go on my brother's SUV's wheels as well as our garage door.
Another thing is that I used to be able to let my dog out worry free, because he knows to stay in the yard and you could trust him to. But their dog has a tendency to come up to our yard, grab my dog's attention, and then run away while my dog tries to fend and chase her off, and ends up leaving the yard, and then she runs right into the road! It's like she's trying to get my dog hurt.
The only thing I can do is just put him up and wait for her to go away, which ends up taking longer than I would like. Even if I let him out on a leash, she'll just come up to our yard and bark and bark and bark. Even if I chase her off and out of my yard, she just comes trailing back and barks all over again, like I'm envading her territory.
Just another thing, my dog isn't fixed, and while I know I can simply just change that, I really don't want to, but what makes it worse is that because she's a female and they don't supervise her, I'm worried there's a chance something might happen, and sure enough I imagine my dog will get blamed and I might get stuck with some bills I shouldn't have to pay if puppies are the outcome.

And this is all because of my neighbours. Which actually, just around Christmas, their dog wandered into my other neighbour's yard (they also have a dog, but he's enclosed by an electric fence when he's outside) and started winding him up and making him act out, AND she sure enough was using the bathroom all over their lawn. My (nice) neighbours seemed very overwhelmed and unsure of what to do, and one of my other neighbours (who don't care about their dog) just stood in the doorway of her house. My nice neighbours tried to ask her to come get her dog, so they could put an end to the situation, but my other neighbour (who doesn't care) just stood there watching, and seemingly waiting as if she thought the dog would magically know it was doing something wrong, would stop, and return home. The expression on my nice neighbours face just really summed up the disappointment and amazement I've felt over all this time.

What really hurts is that I've come to hate this dog, but it kills me inside because I absolutely love dogs, and I know it isn't entirely her fault, but it still irritates me greatly when I see her around. I don't get what's so hard about looking after their pet? Why can't you just take the time to go outside with her? Maybe if you did, and maybe played with her, she wouldn't disrupt everyone else. OH, and, they do the same thing with their kids. Like young kids, they just let them out with no supervision at all. And you know, they wouldn't do anything about them either when they come waltzing onto our property. The only thing they actually look after when it's outside is their other dog. I cannot explain to you why or what reason, I don't get it. If the corgi is outside, there is a person there to accompany it. If it's the other dog, there's no one.

This has been going on for so long, it's affecting me and my dog, my stuff, the lawn, everything, and I'm ready to call the police or even animal control.
I got angry when my mom was looking at stuff we could buy to keep the dog away from our property. Why should we have to spend a ton of money to fix this? Wouldn't the real and simple solution be for the neighbours just to come out and watch their dog?
She doesn't want the neighbours to dislike us, and I get it, but this is a serious problem and it needs to stop.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:49 am

I'm so mad.
My dog was trying to sleep, and my dad just came up to him and tried to rough play with him, so my dog nipped him, WHICH OF COURSE HE DID HE WAS TRYING TO SLEEP. YOU DON'T JUST COME UP AND ROUGH HOUSE A DOG WHO IS TRYING TO SLEEP. And my dad gave him two hard looking smacks. I actually wasn't there but my sister told me about it and I want to scream.
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:59 am

I have quite a few fish, and they're in the living room so whenever people are over they look at them. People like to mess around with the light settings on the tank and my younger cousins will tap on the tank. Though the fish are probably fine, it stresses me out so much and I always feel bad for the fish afterwards.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phxnets » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:03 am

It annoys me so much when people ask to hold my pet snake but then proceed to get to scared to and yell, (loud noises like that scare him), I ask people all the time to not be loud when i'm with him but they still do.

Emily

She/Her

Trade Me

phxnets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me