Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby drift. » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:06 pm

@tosa
I know right??? When I got my first pet I thought I was so ready but it ended up being so overwhelming and I wished I had waited xD

And hhh?? a pupper? Akita puppies are my alltime favorite! Their fluff and just the way they bounce and prance around is too much. I really hope the socializing goes well, and people like you are role models of sorts. I know when I was younger I was told to wait but I wouldn't listen, haha. Just reminding the youngin's to do their homework and really make sure theyre prepared is how we save pets from unfair situations. I volunteer at my library on thursdays and MY LORD those little girls and their pony non-fiction books. I'm still the exact same way, though, and I just educate them and remind them that a horse is a bigger task than their dog or cat at home xD. Their parents are grateful as well haha.

Welp i'm so glad I could help my friend, and as soon as you get that cute ball of sass send pictures!!! ^^
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm

tosa ken. wrote:

hi!! i am planning on getting an akita inu. i've done lots of researching and i've been preparing myself
    for a few years on getting this dog breed. this will be my first time training a dog basic obedience.
    any tips??

I'm glad you've done your research! They're a great breed. Post pics for us whenever you get your puppy!

What I like to do for training is to start out with very basic commands (sit, down, shake, etc.) and once those are solid incorporate them into your daily routine. Have the pup down before giving them their food, have them sit while you clip their leash on, simple stuff like that. Also, establish rules early on and be consistent in them. When they jump on you or bite your fingers, stop playing until they calm down every time. Puppy chewing is something you want to redirect onto a chew toy every time. All that fun stuff. I'm sure that once you and your pup get to know each other you'll figure out what works for you training wise, all dogs are different ^-^

Make sure you're ready for dog aggression just in case one day your akita has problems with your other dogs. If you socialize them together and keep an eye on them though, you're setting your dog up for the best.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 pm

An unfortunate accident involving my klutzy brain and a broken femur has left me in a cast and crutches for a long time.
I've employed my brother to do the task of taking Justin out to the enclosed section of the backyard a few times a day. I'm paying him with my own money so he's perfectly happy to do something he wouldn't normally do.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 pm

@Temper - He is so beautiful! :)

@Kodiak - Aw, Marvel is adorable. And I love the name. He needs a superhero cape.

@LizzytheWolf - Ouch! Sorry to hear that. *hugs*
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:03 am

Could anybody help me find a good Collie breeder? Please don't give the adopt don't shop speech.
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:41 am

^ Hey buddy ^^
If you live in the United States I could give you a list from each state or you can pm me a general area, like northern, southern etc??
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:44 am

@
Harlow. wrote:Could anybody help me find a good Collie breeder? Please don't give the adopt don't shop speech.

uk or us....work or show line?

@
Temper wrote:
Its been a while since I posted pictures here! We’ve done a lot but I’ve been so busy I just haven’t had time.
Image Image
Agility pics. We should be trialing soon!
Aaaaand conformation win pic. I don’t think I ever posted this here. His topline is complete garbage in this picture because I stacked him wonky. Oh well. It’s been a good year so far, and lots more shows to come!
He’s living proof that sighthounds can do it all :)

this looks nice :D do you do other sports too :?:
what breed of sighthound is this when i may ask, im a bit unsure because of the fur and color^^

interesting that you can wear black with this dark colored dog, :lol: the first time showing with my girl, a judge did take me to the side and silently told me to try going with more light colored pants, dresses or skirts to present my girl bether as i too did wear black^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:09 am

Located in Us, Looking for working line. Rough is the coat type I want, standard size.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby humblebumble » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 am

Hello to everyone, I have a question, I'm getting a dog soon and I wanted to know should I allow him to sleep on my bed, in my room, or give him his own space? Any input is very appreciated. :)
humblebumble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heartleafed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 am

@harlow;
      when i was looking into smooth collies i heard that the best way to find a breeder is to go to local shows/meetups and ask personally since a lot of them apparently are a little hard to contact (and if your anything like me looking at the ccoa page for breeders is useless because there's 3 breeders in your and all your border states and they all have exclusively show lines)
      you should be able to google collie clubs in your state (or a state/states you're willing to travel to) and find something, i should think, if it's an option for you of course, i understand it may be hard for you to get out to some of those shows
      but it does give the added bonus of being able to meet dogs from the specific lines you'd be looking into beforehand
Image{ mars ` he ` toyhou.se }
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me