Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby forestunseen » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:57 pm

shadoweon wrote:Does anyone else have a rabbit that chews their plastic litterbox? I replaced it with a metal one but for budget reasons I couldn't get a massive one due to very high cost. She now uses her litterbox less and it's a real problem.

She's a 3 year old Silver Fox mix breed (big, guessing some other large breed-little info was given to me by previous owner). You have to use stuff meant for cats with her due to her size. =/

Yeah my rabbit sometimes does this too. My best advice is to make sure she has a large enough cage/pen, and give her plenty of toys and chews. It's usually out of boredom or frustration that they do it. Cas (my rabbit) tends to chew on the litterbox when I'm cleaning my room around him and he's upset by the noise, or when I have rearranged his pen. So I'm pretty sure it's when he's annoyed haha. Your rabbit sounds precious btw. Silver foxes are so cute.
forestunseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadoweon » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:24 am

forestunseen wrote:
shadoweon wrote:Does anyone else have a rabbit that chews their plastic litterbox? I replaced it with a metal one but for budget reasons I couldn't get a massive one due to very high cost. She now uses her litterbox less and it's a real problem.

She's a 3 year old Silver Fox mix breed (big, guessing some other large breed-little info was given to me by previous owner). You have to use stuff meant for cats with her due to her size. =/

Yeah my rabbit sometimes does this too. My best advice is to make sure she has a large enough cage/pen, and give her plenty of toys and chews. It's usually out of boredom or frustration that they do it. Cas (my rabbit) tends to chew on the litterbox when I'm cleaning my room around him and he's upset by the noise, or when I have rearranged his pen. So I'm pretty sure it's when he's annoyed haha. Your rabbit sounds precious btw. Silver foxes are so cute.

She's in an XL Large Dog Cage that opens up into a dog pen, give her cardboard,reed toys,etc. She eats ANYTHING that she chews so this limits what I can give her so she doesn't get GI Stasis. I let her out three hours a day outside of the pen but she needs constant supervision when out. =/
ImageImage
My CS Pets
I can also be found on Wolvden & Eldemore! Want to add me? Just send a DM.
shadoweon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:07 am

My netherland is the SAME way!! He will eat anything he can get his teeth on. I switched to an under the bed storage tote as my rabbit’s litterbox and he hasn’t tried eating it. The plastic is pretty thick too. Also, if your bun is an only bun, she is likely a bit bored. Have you considered a companion for her?
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Shattered one » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:42 am

Hi I used to own a pet rabbit it was a Lion headed bunny but I had to give it up, but other than that I love rabbits. :thumbup:

J̷̧̠̦̺͆͊̐̐̈̽̽̃̈́ǔ̶̘̠͖̪̺̻͈̭̪̊͐͒̍ͅṣ̴̢͕̪̫͇͇̞̠͂̈̀ţ̶̢̬̗̫̰̀̈́̍ ̴̡̖̱̝̝̟͎̪̗̍̾͊̊͆b̷̨̭͓͇̅̋̌ͅę̴̯̪̰͎̼̖͌̈́͋̂̒̑̐͊̑c̷̨̬̜͌á̴̜͝ư̷̡͍̯̫̾̎̃̀̀́͂̀ś̶̛͉̕̚ē̸̖̹̹͔̫̪̣̔́͂̂͌̈͜͜͜ ̶̢̛̅̓͝͠͝Ị̶̆̀ ̵̨̢̛̱̭̘̘̭̝̏̍͗̈̑͂ͅs̶̖͕͍̉̄̋̀͛̀̈͗͐a̵̟̞͓͚͚̓̾̀̉͠y̸̹̎́͆̀̒́̕͝͝ ̵̢̠̖̄͋͛̕͠͝Ȋ̷̢̜̬̺͙̫͒̓̅̓͑̅̈́̋̚'̸̼̜̻͔̭̥͘m̸̢̤͎͚̺̪͛̓̈́ ̶͓̥͈̀̀ḃ̴͉̃̈́r̴̖̜̣̘͑̕ͅó̴̻͎͚̣̠͖͍̈́̈́̎͒͌̈ḵ̴̢̝̱͈͎͂̋͗͜e̴̻͕̺̟̽̊̐̆̚n̶̪̞͕̐̓̅̏̒ ̶̢̡͉͉̼̠͉̠͔͚̂́͝d̶̛͕̲̲̀̅͗͐͑̓̆o̸̟͕͂́͊̆̐͑̏̄͘͜ë̸̘̪̭̦͙̱̫̞̲́͆s̴̩͉̫̈͋ṉ̶̢͔̙̻͕͍͐̂̓̒͒͂̽͜'̶̬̯̥̿̐̂̓̏ť̴͓̲̦̩̩̿̒͊͋͐̍͜͝ ̷̫͉̫̘͙͇̺͆͐͊̉̈̈́m̶̛͖̺͙̣̎̆͊̈́̃̽͋ë̶͓́̓͠ǎ̵̼̥̓͑͝n̸͚͖͙̜̠̭͖̔̈́ ̶̢̦̪͎̠͙͕͛̂̓̌͐̊̅̽Į̶͕̩̲̭̪̄̇ ̸̡͙̋̉́̈͝͝a̶͇͉̫̜̾̄̕m̸̧͍̀́̋̒̈́̾͊̚̚͝

[/size]
]
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
ImageImage
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soul. » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:49 am

hello all! my guy's name is Mulan. :) I love him, he's a blanc de hotot. he loves it when I pet & kiss him. I impulse bought him on my birthday but I'm so glad I did, I'll definitely have more rabbits in the future.
soul.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forestunseen » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:41 pm

My rabbit had to go to the vet today :( he is "on the brink of" GI stasis. But he's eating and pooping tonight so yay! I'm hoping he'll pull through. He's a strong bunny, I think he'll be okay.
forestunseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:08 am

soul. wrote:hello all! my guy's name is Mulan. :) I love him, he's a blanc de hotot. he loves it when I pet & kiss him. I impulse bought him on my birthday but I'm so glad I did, I'll definitely have more rabbits in the future.

Aww, A hotot is a dream bunny of mine! I already have 4 rabbits and 2 fosters though lol! Welcome to the bunny community!

@forestunseen, I hope your bunny is doing better now. Health scares are awful. :(
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:20 am

forestunseen wrote:My rabbit had to go to the vet today :( he is "on the brink of" GI stasis. But he's eating and pooping tonight so yay! I'm hoping he'll pull through. He's a strong bunny, I think he'll be okay.

Hope he pulls through! I know how stressful that can be. <3
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galacticvideogamecat » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:26 am

I own two one year old continental, flemish giant rabbit breed (Their birthday was yesterday) One of them is Henry and he is brown and he is a big fluffy angel. The other one, Pippy/Pip/Philip is a little bit more trouble. He is constantly chewing cardboard that we (Me and my family) put up in front of the bottoms of the bookshelves, and doing other trouble stuff. But, In the end they are both equally amazing and cute. Anyway, that's everything about my rabbits I going to share. : )
~ᯓ★ ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖 𝔼𝕧𝕒𝕟! ★彡 𝕊𝕙𝕖/𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪~

Previously: Saturn’sRings
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣠⠤⠤⠤⠤⣄⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢶⣶⣒⣶⠦⣤⣀⠀
⠀⣰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣟⡲⡌⠙⢤⠈⢧
⢛⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⡴⢃⡠⠋⣠⠋
⠀⢿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣠⠤⢖⣋⡥⢖⣫⠔⠋⠀⠀
⣙⠚⠶⠤⠤⠤⠴⠶⣒⣒⣚⣩⠭⢵⣒⣺⠭⢖⠏⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠭⠭⠭⣭⠭⠭⠭⠭⠿⠓⠒⠛⠉⠉⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⠓⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡤⠞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠙⠒⠒⠛⠁⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

∩_∩
(„• ֊ •„) I like TOH, WTNV, Warriors, Amphibia, TADC, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls! ᙏ̤̫
| ̄U U ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
| My PMs are always open! |
______ _______
∧,,,∧ ~ ┏━━━━━━━━┓
( ̳• · • ̳) ~ ♡ You’re purrfect ♡
/ づ ~ ┗━━━━━━━━┛
° ᡣ𐭩 . ° . ≽^•⩊•^≼ ° ᡣ𐭩 . ° .
Galacticvideogamecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:48 am

CivilizedHedgehog wrote:I own two one year old continental, flemish giant rabbit breed (Their birthday was yesterday) One of them is Henry and he is brown and he is a big fluffy angel. The other one, Pippy/Pip/Philip is a little bit more trouble. He is constantly chewing cardboard that we (Me and my family) put up in front of the bottoms of the bookshelves, and doing other trouble stuff. But, In the end they are both equally amazing and cute. Anyway, that's everything about my rabbits I going to share. : )

Mhhh, tasteless cardboard, yum! My Philipp (called Flip) loves it as well, maybe it's the name after all.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me