Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:20 pm

@Watts Thank you! Yes, it’s definitely a lot of maintenance caring for 6 bunnies.. I deep clean the indoor pen they all share at least 3 times a week. But I just couldn’t imagine them going to live in a hutch outside again. It just breaks my heart to think about. Your girl is SO cute!! Love her name too! <3
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:24 am

@Blue_Aussie - He's doing well! Still doesn't have a proper enclosure and it's been a month, but getting it going soon. He's absolutely nuts and super sweet. He likes sitting on the window sill for hours napping, and likes exploring (a bit too much, and I'm still in the process of rabbit proofing my room) I have a lot of cords and wires that need to get covered. Congrats on the book, btw!

@watts - Hi! The bunny is adorable, and I love her name aha. Holland lops are so cute.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm

^Thank you! I’m very excited about it! Now I just have to find a good way to advertise it because books don’t sell well! Lol! But hey, if even a couple people change their bunny’s life for the better after reading it, it’ll all be worth it! (:
Attachments
24F84FE0-B9C5-4CA1-9AC0-BF09BB3B0E87.jpeg
24F84FE0-B9C5-4CA1-9AC0-BF09BB3B0E87.jpeg (23.9 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:07 am

Wanted to share my bunny’s pen because I love seeing other’s ideas lol
Tried to do a sort of Easter theme but with decorations I can leave up afterwards, so it’s very rabbity XD
Attachments
FC39C64F-7A7E-4141-ADF9-FA09695848D9.jpeg
FC39C64F-7A7E-4141-ADF9-FA09695848D9.jpeg (380.63 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Parkayl » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:25 am

Blue_Aussie wrote:Wanted to share my bunny’s pen because I love seeing other’s ideas lol
Tried to do a sort of Easter theme but with decorations I can leave up afterwards, so it’s very rabbity XD

OHHH!! Such a good idea, a pen! I recently got a baby bunny (1 month) and I have been holding off getting him a "cage". Instead, allowing him to go around my room and downstairs as he please. I don't like the thought of putting him in a cage. I had rabbits growing up and I wish I was taught how rabbits were supposed to be raised- my poor babies were kept in cages most of the time, very small ones, and I thought that was normal being a child. Hell. When you look online, you often see the same sentiment regarding "getting your child a bunny".
It's not just with bunnies either. If you go online and look at popular hamster cages, most are not suitable for a hamster to even live in.

So I have a distrust of putting my baby boy in a cage in general. Would you like being in a cage? I wouldn't. I prefer my freedom. But it never occurred to me to have a pen. That seems ideal, as it wouldn't restrict my baby badly and would make cleaning up the house more easily (I usually leave him to roam when I'm at work and asleep)

Here's my baby btw.
(My fiance holding him <3)

He's a mini lop. Never owned a mini lop before. I had cotton tails and an albino growing up.
Parkayl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:46 am

He’s adorable! I totally agree with you, I hate the thought of cages and have learned so much since getting my own first indoor rabbit in 2016. I wish I would have learned sooner, but at least I know now! Unfortunately I’m not able to free roam but I definitely plan on doing that when I get my own place! I think it’s amazing that your boy can just hop around as he pleases. My Netherland would definitely eat everything even after I rabbit proofed LOL

I Rabbits still get lots of playtime outside of the pen, but for their own safety (and the safety of my trim) they are in the exercise pen when unsupervised and it works great! (:
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:15 pm

I adopted a 2nd rabbit on the 24th and she's been in quarantine for 2 weeks now. She's a 3yr old purebred polish rabbit with a pedigree, and isn't spayed. I don't plan on showing her, so I want to get her spayed. My other bun (male) is also 3yrs and is neutered.

So my question is when should I get her spayed? During her last 2 weeks of quarantine, or before/after the introduction/bonding process ?
Yo, I'm Jun--I'm into cats
pomeranians and kpop
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DA
Currently listening to:
DPR Ian
Jun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beautifulglitter » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:47 am

Jun. wrote:I adopted a 2nd rabbit on the 24th and she's been in quarantine for 2 weeks now. She's a 3yr old purebred polish rabbit with a pedigree, and isn't spayed. I don't plan on showing her, so I want to get her spayed. My other bun (male) is also 3yrs and is neutered.

So my question is when should I get her spayed? During her last 2 weeks of quarantine, or before/after the introduction/bonding process ?

If you bond before the spay you will need to re-bond again after once the hormones are gone, so I would probably go for the spay ASAP. She also needs recovery time alone so you can monitor the wound, so it might be convenient to finish out quarantine in recovery (if she doesn't seem to have any health issues that need to be resolved pre-spay of course)
Want to get transparent pet images? Follow these steps!
  1. You must own the pet in order for this to work!
  2. Go to the Scene (My Stuff->Dressup Scenes)
  3. Create a new Scene
  4. Go to the Pets tab and find the pet you want
  5. Right-click the pet->Copy Image Address
  6. Post away!
beautifulglitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:44 am

beautifulglitter wrote:
Jun. wrote:I adopted a 2nd rabbit on the 24th and she's been in quarantine for 2 weeks now. She's a 3yr old purebred polish rabbit with a pedigree, and isn't spayed. I don't plan on showing her, so I want to get her spayed. My other bun (male) is also 3yrs and is neutered.

If you bond before the spay you will need to re-bond again after once the hormones are gone, so I would probably go for the spay ASAP. She also needs recovery time alone so you can monitor the wound, so it might be convenient to finish out quarantine in recovery (if she doesn't seem to have any health issues that need to be resolved pre-spay of course)

thanks, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure
Yo, I'm Jun--I'm into cats
pomeranians and kpop
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DA
Currently listening to:
DPR Ian
Jun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadoweon » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:47 am

Does anyone else have a rabbit that chews their plastic litterbox? I replaced it with a metal one but for budget reasons I couldn't get a massive one due to very high cost. She now uses her litterbox less and it's a real problem.

She's a 3 year old Silver Fox mix breed (big, guessing some other large breed-little info was given to me by previous owner). You have to use stuff meant for cats with her due to her size. =/
ImageImage
My CS Pets
I can also be found on Wolvden & Eldemore! Want to add me? Just send a DM.
shadoweon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me