Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Raikki » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Birb wrote:
Raikki wrote:These aren't my animals, but honestly I feel like it. I went to the zoo the other day, and there are some animals I love enough to tell apart. And there were Day camps there- no biggie, educating kids about animals is great! Except their leaders were- ah I shouldn't be too mean- they weren't the brightest. These kids were screeching near animals- not even bg enclosures, but in the tiny terrariums that house the sweet snakes and geckos. Poor things. And there was a hedgehog on display by someone- a zoo keeper was taking care of them. And people were howling at it. This hedgehog, up in the middle of the day, in a clear container with no hide, getting howled at. Seriously was so close to going over there myself. Then? The day camp was at the bat enclosure. Which clearly says DONT TAP ON THE GLASS. They were tapping it, leaning on it, and screaming in there. Poor bats.
Yeah they're not my pets but still. Just annoying people hurting poor animals ;;

People who torment zoo animals are just the worst, especially when they ignore the signposts that are literally right in front of them. And it's even worse when the adults watch their own children screaming/howling/throwing things/banging on the glass, and not only don't stop them, but even encourage or join in with them! Plus, when the animal is clearly distressed by the happenings, they just laugh. ಠ_ಠ

God ikr? These kids weren't like super young either- they were old enough to know what they were doing was wrong. And those people who open both the doors in the bird enclosures? Is it that hard to read a sign smh
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friends dønt lie. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Birb wrote:
Raikki wrote:These aren't my animals, but honestly I feel like it. I went to the zoo the other day, and there are some animals I love enough to tell apart. And there were Day camps there- no biggie, educating kids about animals is great! Except their leaders were- ah I shouldn't be too mean- they weren't the brightest. These kids were screeching near animals- not even bg enclosures, but in the tiny terrariums that house the sweet snakes and geckos. Poor things. And there was a hedgehog on display by someone- a zoo keeper was taking care of them. And people were howling at it. This hedgehog, up in the middle of the day, in a clear container with no hide, getting howled at. Seriously was so close to going over there myself. Then? The day camp was at the bat enclosure. Which clearly says DONT TAP ON THE GLASS. They were tapping it, leaning on it, and screaming in there. Poor bats.
Yeah they're not my pets but still. Just annoying people hurting poor animals ;;

People who torment zoo animals are just the worst, especially when they ignore the signposts that are literally right in front of them. And it's even worse when the adults watch their own children screaming/howling/throwing things/banging on the glass, and not only don't stop them, but even encourage or join in with them! Plus, when the animal is clearly distressed by the happenings, they just laugh. ಠ_ಠ

Exactly!! I volunteered at a local zoo once, and there was a first grade class there that kept on tapping on the glass for a chipmunk family enclosure thing, and the chipmunk family ended up having mental issues after that day. There was also an incident where a cougar bit a little girl, because you guessed it, she was teasing the poor animal. Parents should really be better on teaching what their children should and shouldn't do around animals, since it technically isn't the kids' faults for being excited, it's just lazy parents that laugh and take pictures :T
𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕙...

☁ ☁ ☁

she;her - june 29th
hey there, i'm abby! if
you couldn't tell already, i'm
super obsessed with
stranger things. i also
love it, starbucks,
and pretty much anything
your basic teenage girl
would like. anyway, feel free
to pm me or something whenever,
xxxxx i'd love to chat! xxxxx

coding shop

𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕪 𝕥𝕠𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣
friends dønt lie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xiangling » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:30 pm

I have 2 pet bunnies, and my little cousin goes ham over them. She comes, walks into my room, opens the cage door,
and grabs one. I tell her "The bunny is gonna bite you! It's gonna scratch you!" BUT SHE DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION. She throws the bunny, and pushes her, and does a lot of things to bother my bunny. Once, the bunny scratched her on her face, and she blamed it all on me, even though all I was doing was sitting and staring. I warned her, she just didn't care.

I have another pet, a big dog. All my friends love him, and he's really playful! But if you act rude, or do anything hurtful to anyone around you, he'll bite. He's a loyal dog, and loves protecting everyone. He's getting old, so now he isn't as playful,
but he still loves people. Everyone's scared of him now, just because "Oh, do something to trigger the dog and he'll bite you." IT'S ONLY NATURAL!

This is the last one, I swear. I have a bird, it's a parakeet. She's a mother, and she's very small for her age. I play with her, and take her outside the cage, but she doesn't fly away. Now, with my friends, she's very shy-- She will fly away without me being there. She almost escaped because one of my friends took her out, saying she wanted to "sing to her." Who does that?

I have a lot more pets, but this rant is long enough. Thanks for reading lol- Bye!
ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ potato mochi tastes so much better when you have something to be happy about!

Image sunny Image fifteen Image any/all
xiangling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Ah I have an indoor cat and he is a brat. He doesn't like people, he doesn't like to be touched or grabbed unless he comes to you. But whenever my friend comes over, she corners him and picks him up and hugs him and she owns 11 cats. She should know that he's clearly distressed when he's trying to wriggle away from her- she is a senior and old enough to understand it's not right. But when he gets aggressive she smacks my cat and tells me that I don't love him enough?? Excuse me?
And on top of that, I own a very jealous dog. When my friend tries to get my cats attention, my dog comes running up and just likes touches her nose to my friends hand. So my friend shoves my dog and literally screams at her to go away. Then again, tells me I've trained my dog poorly. She also has three dogs and if you call any of her other dogs he growls at the other dogs and chases them away so he's the only one with the attention. So how am I the bad pet owner?
She needs to not touch my pets because I'm losing my temper with her.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crescent knight » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:05 am

nevermind
Last edited by crescent knight on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
crescent knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VicMc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 am

I have two dogs named Rex (M) and Casey (F). When I take them on walks there's always these kids that touch my dogs without asking, like at least ask. I once lied to a kid and said that my dogs bite strangers and the kids were scared and ran off. Well at least they didn't touch my dogs. I'd say yes if you ask to pet my dog, even if I really hate the person.
VicMc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby comminatory » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:56 pm

This isn't about my pets, but, there's this boy who's friends with my little brother. And he owns two guinea pigs. He puts the guinea pigs in GIANT HAMSTER BALLS and put them outside when it was literally like forty degrees outside. I can't tell him what to do, and his parents never seem to notice it happen. It's so annoying because he holds them wrong, has dropped them before, and got one of his piggies stuck behind MY DRESSER when he came into my house. I have my own guinea pig and I would never do the things he does to mine. I get he's young but that's not a good excuse and I don't understand what goes through his head when he does that stuff.
╭──────────────╮
xxxxcharacter storage
she/her, aries, chaotic neutral !

╰──────────────╯
comminatory

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coleyoley » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 pm

i have a 5 month old adorable kitten, i adopted her from a shelter - so naturally she isn't fully used to humans yet. and then when people {friends, familly} come over they try and walk over to her and start petting her, when she runs - they try and get her! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT???
☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆
XD

hi!!
any pronouns
enfp
neurodivergent ∞
(warrior) cats enthusiast (^• ω •^)
im (rarely) active here sometimes - i was really into this game as a kid!

coleyoley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tonsilstone » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:43 pm

ok so.. i own a corn snake named elvis. he's a very nice lil guy, sometimes ill let my friends come over and they just hold him and he loves it !!! nice lil dude. but one thing that really pissed me off, is when it was halloween back in 2016. me and one of my old friends (who was one of those really high class girly girls) were getting on our costumes, and, she pulled a tiny lil wig outta her bag, and opened the snake cage without my permission, and FORCEFULLY PUT ON THE LIL WIG ONTO ELVIS. you can tell he didn't like it, he was thrashing around (he doesn't bite uwu) and when she finally got the wig on, she grabbed him, like, GRIPPING HIM on his body, and just holding him up. very strongly. i kept telling her to 'stop' 'don't do that' but she just wouldn't listen, and she started to like.. wiggle him around very violently?? she kept laughing so hard it was sick. i finally kicked her outta my house, and poor lil elvis, ugh.
\m/
tonsilstone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:58 pm

i know you like my rat, Alfred
but please don't make jokes about killing or eating him, i know you're just joking but it deeply bothers me, especially since i have a strong bond with him.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me