SAVE THE SHARKS - PLEASE READ AND SPREAD THE WORD

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: SAVE THE SHARKS - PLEASE READ AND SPREAD THE WORD

Postby DELETE.ACCOUNT » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 am

Lennie wrote:
Oh good god my heart just stopped.
First things first, that is gorgeous art, no matter how heartbreaking of a scene it depicts.
I must say that I didn't expect to see something like this around, as I know so many people that despise or fear sharks to an unbelievable extent when they know little to nothing about them. I'm sure it's obvious that I completely agree with this, as I do, and I'm hoping for people to understand sharks before judging them. This is such an important thing for people to understand, as no one seems to understand the importance of sharks within the society and how big of a function they serve.
I adore sharks, and many people don't see why, and I hope that with the future, things will become better for the life of sharks.
Thank you so much for posting this, and I sincerely hope that it brings greater awareness that the sharks deserve. They aren't the killing machines that people think they are. They only live as they have done so for millions of years, and if anything, we've disturbed their lives, I hope that people will someday understand this, and I am incredibly happy that some people already do.

Oh, and please add me to the list. :3

If you have a DeviantArt you can face it here :3
I'm glad you've joined us :3

@animals00; There's still hundreds of members on CS who probably don't know about this, and I have heard that some people have even tried shark fin soup. Heck, a friend of mine has :s
However, I hope you know about mercury-it's a really toxic chemical element that's in sharks, and can give you mercury poisoning. Same thing with dolphins and a lot of cetaceans and fish. You probably won't get it if you just try their meat, but if you have too much it's dangerous. Here's the wikipedia article on it.
Ahh and my thing about the wolves is that there's a lot of stupid wolfaboos out there who scream that wolves are endangered and how much we should all love them and that they really are peaceful hunters of the woods blah blah blah. The thing is, normally a lot of their arguments aren't even true. I have nothing against tigers or wolves themselves though, it's a lot of the fans...

I've added everyone who asked to be to the list :3 Thank-you for your support!

How about you guys help me write a letter to Avaaz asking them to make a petition against shark finning?
[By the way, this is Avaaz. It's this awesome site where you can sign petitions against unjust causes. And you actually see things get done.] They even have one to save some dolphins right now! Please sign it.
    PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCOUNT-->I'VE QUIT CHICKEN SMOOTHIE

i'm a cat. meow. but i also used to be Beanie until someone stole my user
    while I changed it for a week, lol xD so yus. dis iz Beanie and she's finally actually
    leaving for realz. kbai guyz pce owt <333333 luv u 5 evar qt 3.14s!!!1!11!1one!11!

Continue to stalk me at my DeviantArt! :D

I have a Pesterchum :D Shoot me a message if you want, lol but don't be offended if I don't know you and don't really want to talk xD My chumhandle is spazticMatchmaker. (the download for PC is here guys zomg :OOOO)
DELETE.ACCOUNT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animals00 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:20 am

Beanie wrote:I'm glad you've joined us :3

@animals00; There's still hundreds of members on CS who probably don't know about this, and I have heard that some people have even tried shark fin soup. Heck, a friend of mine has :s
However, I hope you know about mercury-it's a really toxic chemical element that's in sharks, and can give you mercury poisoning. Same thing with dolphins and a lot of cetaceans and fish. You probably won't get it if you just try their meat, but if you have too much it's dangerous. Here's the wikipedia article on it.
Ahh and my thing about the wolves is that there's a lot of stupid wolfaboos out there who scream that wolves are endangered and how much we should all love them and that they really are peaceful hunters of the woods blah blah blah. The thing is, normally a lot of their arguments aren't even true. I have nothing against tigers or wolves themselves though, it's a lot of the fans...

I've added everyone who asked to be to the list :3 Thank-you for your support!

How about you guys help me write a letter to Avaaz asking them to make a petition against shark finning?
[By the way, this is Avaaz. It's this awesome site where you can sign petitions against unjust causes. And you actually see things get done.] They even have one to save some dolphins right now! Please sign it.
[/b][/size][/center]

really? I find it impossible not to know about this! it is very advertised (add my name to the list by the way!)
yeah my dad has too, he eats lots of things though (he ate ostrich yesterday O.O I don't like it and make it obvious to him though), and it was cause he was with foreign clients and he couldn't say: "oh you know what, I can't eat this, I don't care its a traditional dish for you, it's cruel!" so he ate it (and he did say it tasted nice!) but he did check and it was from sharks fished for the whole of them rather than just the fin. I know another person who ate some for the same reason (my BF's mum) and went to the toilet afterwards and was sick -.- shereally loves sharks!
I know, I deal with many bird casualties who have mercury poisoning(I volunteer in a wildlife shelter) but hey, my grandpa is still alive and he basically lives off fish! and people living near the sea have no choice, but then, isnt there something about red meat giving you cancer?
the dolphin thing is like the wolves, actually, there are more dolphins than wolves, and they are way more agressive than wolves -.- (in brittany they had those 2 males dolphins that attacked and tried to drown lots of people O.o). actually, in some places there are too many dolphins, so am not too worried about them to be honest.
I am currently trying to go and go diving with sharks =D only problem is my mum is very very overprotective and scared that I might hurt myself, she is scared of diving =/

EDIT: I will sign that dolphin thing anyways, and how would you like to help us with the letter? maybe you write a draft and us smoothians say what we think? or what?
and also, I think that the "OMG sharks kill all tht lives! KILL THEM!!!!!" is dying down a bit now, I think it's more for shark fins for food nowadays
RE-EDIT: ARGHH I am addicted to signing now -.- =P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PASTEL AND CARD '08 DOG SETS UFA HERE
animals00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slimedog » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:03 am

~twitches eye~ That is just horrible. Once I saw a special on animal planet about this. It made me so angry I wanted to ounch the T.V. (mom said no. DX) That is wrong and it's cruel and evil. Whoever does that just, o.e you can be sure I will spread the word no more sharks shall be killed as long as I am alive. (well not really first I gotta grow up.)
Slimedog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GummyKarp » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Thank you so much for making a thread about this. There are few things that make me more sad than to think about how sharks are being pushed to extinction. They are a very important part of the ocean and there is truly an irrational fear of them. I love sharks and would hate to see these beautiful creatures gone from our planet.
GummyKarp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Megan:. » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:52 pm

I read about this in Scholastic News last month. I find this terrible. How could people do this to such magnificent creatures? I would like to become a Marine Biologist when I grow up and study sharks. They interest me so. But how can I do that when all shark species are dead? I CAN'T! I want to fly to Japan and wring their little necks! THEY are our biggest problem right now! They make SHARK FIN SOUP! How terrible is THAT?!
Currently ISO
May 2018, extremely uncommon
obtained! // still searching!
.:Megan:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:04 pm

please disregard, much obliged. :]
Last edited by Lennie on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|2.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GummyKarp » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Yay shark youtube videos :)

Bamboo sharks are beautiful!
http://youtu.be/cojVJncPEJU

The miracle of black tip shark birth :)

Graceful sharks
http://youtu.be/yc3sKrxcN7s

Here are some images also :)
How could you not say that is cute or beautiful?

Epaulette shark

I don't know what species this is but it's really cool looking :thumbup:
GummyKarp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soruc » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:36 am

Add me to the list, please. I am against wolf hunting to a certain degree, but you would never see me bawwing about how much we need to save the grey woofs, Shark Finning is way way WAY worse. I agree- Forget the wolves for a little while, save other species like endangered sharks. I could go on for pages about wolfaboos and how much I hate them; but i'll stick with this: You wolfaboos are idiots.
"Why do you look so sad?" "I'm thinking about the economy"

Soruc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miitsutea » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 am

SAVE DA SHARKS!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Image Image
miitsutea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightbeat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:49 am

I agree! Forget the wolves and save the sharks!
But what are you going to do about it? Stick banners all over your siggy? No! Get out there and stop shark finning!
nightbeat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me