Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby no longer here » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:24 pm

I cannot put the candle up since I'm on my phone, but, the candle is dedicated to my cat, Cocoa. She was a pretty tortoiseshell cat with a checkered pattern on her lips. So, when she was a kitten she got really sick; the vets had to keep her for a while and she was too weak to even use the bathroom. She had to use a cathader (or however you spell it). Anyway, she got better and lived on. However, the sickness came back. This time it seemed far worse. She couldn't stand and was basically throwing up bile. I made a private room for her with comfy pillows and everything. She wasn't eating or drinking; I had to give her water through a syringe (without the needle of course). Anyway, she got too sick for her little heart to keep beating.

My little kitty died when she was five years old. Rest in peace my friend.
no longer here

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:16 pm

I would like to dedicate this candle to three of my pets: Heather (cat), February 28, 2010; Draco (cat), March 1, 2010; and Brownie (guinea pig), mid-February 2010. It's a freak coincidence they all died in so short a length of time; after four years, it's not so hard to think about anymore, but those few weeks were really hard for me and my family.

We adopted Heather and her sister Jasmine (still with us) around 1996-1997. They were both one-year-old female tabbies, very similar in appearance. Being quite young, myself, at the time, I grew up alongside them and was closest to Heather. She could almost always be found near me, and whenever I was upset, she would come and cuddle with me. I remember one time when she got stuck in a tree by our house. She was too high for us to reach, and my parents had been trying to coax her down for several minutes with no luck. Then I came outside and called up to her. After a few seconds, she suddenly eased herself off the branch and jumped/fell into my arms.

When Heather got older, we discovered she had a hyperthyroid condition, and the vet told us she wouldn't live much longer. It was a huge shock, and for another few years, Heather held on. She never appeared to be suffering, though, but eventually she died one night at the age of fourteen. I was alone in the house when it happened, my mother and brother having left to run some errands. At first, I didn't think it was anything too bad, but Heather got weaker and weaker until finally she stopped moving and died in my arms. We buried her the next day.

Draco was a black male cat, about two years old and very sweet. We had owned him for only a few months before he died suddenly, immediately after we finished burying Heather. To this day, we have no idea what happened; my mother came inside the house and found him lying in the hallway. Our best guess is something like a heart attack or stroke, but whatever it was, he was definitely dead. I sat beside him and cried for over an hour. While we had had at least some time to prepare for Heather's death, Draco's was completely unexpected and heartbreaking. It took two days before we were able to bury him next to Heather.

Brownie was a, surprise, brown guinea pig who, we think, died from old age because we had him for about four or five years. Unfortunately, I don't think I have a picture of him. I bought him with my own money and we had a lot of fun playing together over the years. I would make a maze for him out of cereal boxes and encourage him to walk though it with a carrot. One day, about a week before Heather's death, my mother found discovered Brownie dead in his cage. He wasn't in any kind of strange position; if you didn't look closely, it just looked like he was asleep, which I'm glad of. I believe it means he slipped away peacefully, without any pain.

As you can probably guess, the house seemed extremely empty and sad with only Jasmine left, and she has always been a friendly but independent, do-her-own-thing kind of cat. So, a couple months later when we were able to think about it, we adopted the two cats we still have today: Cole and Luna. Both were black cats, Cole about five and Luna almost one at the time. In 2011, we adopted two black and blond guinea pigs named Liberty and Justice (originally Washington and Franklin--they were two out of a litter of four males born on the Fourth of July that year. My mother's friend adopted the other two.) Finally, last year we adopted a two-year-old pit bull named Libby, and she's been the perfect addition to our family this past year.

Of course, we could never forget Heather, Draco, or Brownie, but I think, if they could, they would like us moving forward with our lives instead wallowing in grief forever. Rest in peace, my friends. :)

Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:49 am

Aug13-Oct13th 2014

Click for photo

Carbon the black one. Had to be put down because he was very ill and getting worse by the second at the vets. :cry:

He gave me a good giggle though, loved him to bits and miss him loads.

I now have a new friend for Silver, (the other one) a Degu named Kira that I adopted and she's doing really well (and is very cheeky!).

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:41 am

Image This candle is for Lolita. She was with me for over half of my life and she taught me several valuable life lessons. I wish for all the world that we would've been able to keep her until old age took her but things just didn't work out that way. Still, 14 and a half years was a long time for any dog and I tried to make those last few years as good as I could. She got to spend her last moments in my arms, where she felt safe and loved, and the very last thing she did before the vet gave her the injection was to lick my face.
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellebore » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:43 pm

This candle is to remember Duchess, the most stubborn yet lovable little dog. It was long ago that she passed, but she still remains on my mind and in my heart. She died in my room on Easter and bled out for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, we didn't know this had happened until my mom started looking for her. I just hope the suffering didn't last too long and that she's in a better place now.
CHARACTER CLEAROUT
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Please let me know if I overpay a lot in trades!! I probably don't know!
Only returning for trades
Chronically ill but sword in hand
Armed but warm-hearted

xxxxxxx about | my : sweets
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
playing HZD between naps ██████★
bats | flowers | moths ★█████
▬▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hellebore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MardiGras » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:53 am

My 6 month old German Shepherd puppy died this morning. I bred him (I own the father) and raised him from 3 weeks. My family is mourning. He was more than a dog to us. He'll never see his first snow, he'll never take part in the Halloween pet costume contest at Petsmart. He'll never be the therapy dog we were training him to be. It isn't fair. I am not handling it well.
MardiGras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ◀ lapis lazuli ▶ » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:57 am

Image Three years ago, my cat Lenor passed at age 3 from a stroke. Lenor was the sweetest and most unique cat I had ever met. When she was a kitten, I was holding her for the first time in my lap and she fell asleep on me. Whenever me,my mom, and sometimes my brother would walk to the bus stop, Lenor would follow us for about a block and then head back home. She was probably the nicest cat ever.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am currently obsessed with Steven Universe right now
But also highly obsessed with Riverdale and Supernatural
My nature instagram if you are interested :3
©

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

◀ lapis lazuli ▶

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bravefoot » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:19 am

I'm here to remember my 5 pets who died a couple of years ago:

- Tombolotto: a yellow canary, she was very sweet and loving, never causing trauble, I even trained her to stay on my hand and shoulder! Loved her to bits. She died overnight on Christmas Eve, apparently for lung problems. ;_;
RIP 2008-2010

- Lulu: a male yellow canary, bought together with Tombolotto. He was very energetic and his songs were very high pitched! The couple of months before he died he became more grumpy and less willing to do anything, we feared it was because Tombi died (she was his mate). He died overnight.
RIP 2008-2012

- Reddy, Blacky and Whitey: they were goldfishes, both died the same morning, one minute they were fine, and the next we found them floating in mid water... I'm not really sure why they died
RIP 2013-2014

I cried when they passed away, especially for Tombi, hope they are all in a better place now
Bravefoot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiny paws » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 am

CODE: SELECT ALL

I have lost my cat, fish, 2 guinea pigs. I loved them so much too. And will never forget them :)
Tiny paws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMystique » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:23 am

We lost our beautiful German shepherd puppy, piper last year. She left us far too soon, only three months old and had barely even started her life. My nan is a breeder so it was a real treat to be able to keep 2 of the pups. Piper was one of a kind. She was playful, adorable and loved everyone. No one knows exactly what led to her death. She suddenly became seriously ill and we think she ate something that was thrown into or blown into the garden. The vets desperately tried to save her but she didn't make it. We all miss her so so much And life isn't the same without her
Rest in peace piper
LittleMystique

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me