share stories of your pets I crave them

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

share stories of your pets I crave them

Postby Ziggy Zag » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:03 pm

Please, I just love animals especially reptiles, if you have some stories to share here is the place
In repayment here’s a funny story of my dog:

For context, I have an eighteen year old, blind and nearly deaf chihuahua. His name is Sancho. He’s getting into his final months now, but this story is from about a year or two ago. Me and my family were eating dinner one night. We didn’t have a doggy door, so our dogs were waiting by the door to go outside. I got up to let them out. All of them, including Sancho, went outside. We continued eating dinner. All of a sudden a couple minutes later, I see Sancho tottling across the floor! I ask my family if any of them had let’s the dogs in. My mom had let the other two in, but Sancho had still been outside. She saw him clear across our large backyard. But here he was!

To this day, we still have no idea how he got inside. Pretty boring story, but that’s how my dog teleported I guess. Love him so much.
Last edited by Ziggy Zag on Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
⭑ Ziggy Zag ⭑ She/her/they/them ⭑

Feel free to PM or trade me!
Ziggy Zag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How my 126 year old chihuahua teleported (Story!)

Postby Skipena » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:26 am

That’s crazy! I had a similar story with one of my chickens actually haha.

One day I went into their run to feed them/clean etc. and I guess she had gotten out (her name is Pira btw). Because when I counted I was one down and I figured out it was Pira who was missing. She was literally gone for about two days! And then one day I went out to feed them again and I turn around and there she is! Drinking their water! I counted and they were all there! I don’t know where she disappeared to and how she got back but I’m glad she did!

I figure she got out, had a little adventure, and then snuck in behind me when I went in the third day… that’s the only plausible explanation! There is no way in our out of that run besides the door I use to get in so…

Anyways that’s my story!
~Mommy to 2 dogs
2 cats and 19 chickens!~

ImageImageImage
Skipena’s ranchpixel art shopTH
skippyscrystals
Skipena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: share stories of your pets I crave them

Postby existentialsnake » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:51 am

Oho my time to shine has arrived

Okay so I've owned basically every type of pet. My first hamster (RIP Hamlet) had this funny habit of taking the food he stored and arranging it in little rows along the side of his hide. He also used to push the dirty bedding out with his lil hamster hands and dump it one side for me to clean. OCD much lmao? Of the two hamsters I have at the moment, one has been diagnosed with cancer and is living out her days comfortably driving me mad running on her huge non-silent wheel (more comfortable than the smaller wheels) and chasing my fingers around whenever she hears the food tin open. Little Sheila is very fierce despite her old age. Tiny we adopted because she was the runt of her littler at the pet store and was being bullied by her siblings. She has since then grown absolutely gigantic. She's a black dwarf hamster with the cutest white belly, but she's almost triple Sheila's size so I imagine it has something to do with her genetics. I can only imagine how big the others are right now.

I've had quite a lot of fish over the years, but currently I have a small eco-tank with snails and the 3rd gen offspring of some wild guppies I kept and raised. That tank is filled with normal and albino (neon pink!!) Ramshorn snails. A smaller fishbowl next to the tank is used for growing out moss and pond snails to feed my assassin snails. My main display tank houses a tiretrack eel (30cm long and going strong), and 3 bichirs. One is a standard Senegal bichir (Finley Jr.), one is an unfortunately very stunted but otherwise healthy albino bichir (Astrid), and the last we actually got yesterday! She's a very fat platinum bichir that was rehomed to us because she was attacked by her previous tankmates, which left her with no eyes :( We've named her Skelly. Despite not being able to see she always gets to the food first and it's a bigger problem to make sure the other fish are eating enough haha. We'll be adding velvet angelfish, a yellow zigzag eel and spotted bushfish in the near future.
I highly recommend googling the bichir! They're capable of walking on land for short periods of time and have the most amazing personalities of any monster fish I've owned so far.

My partner and I also each have a ball python. Mine, Monty, is coming up to 2 years this August. He is an absolute potato, he loves sitting on people's laps and watching crime documentaries. He can be quite shy at times so he tends to be quite hissy with new people, but seems to get along great with kids?? His favorite hobby is sitting on my head underneath my hoodie and supervising me while I work on the laptop. He seems to approve of me playing CS. He secretly likes kisses.
My partner's BP is quite silly, hence the name Silius. If he does manage to catch his food on the first try he gets a little overeager with the squeezing and well...it's not fun to clean :') Otherwise he's clearly the more outgoing of the two, very curious and always eager to explore. He likes back scratches and arches his back like a cat to get more.

Our baby angulated tortoise, Chaurli (God of War fans, anyone?) is also always ready for an adventure but because we're moving into winter and the rains have started, we've had to move her indoors. Now her hobbies include seeing how many times a day she can force me to change her bedding by tipping over the water bowl, trying to climb rocks, falling over, and waiting for me to put her upright. Oh and sleeping, she does that quite a bit too.

Other than that, I've also owned african clawed frogs, which are quite possibly the best things I've ever kept. They look SO dumb and every photo of them is 10/10 meme material. They will attempt to eat anything that moves, including your finger, which is a fantastic ice breaker when we have people over. We've also had several other reptiles in the past, the most memorable being Hades the corn snake, who would make wonderful *wall paintings* all over the glass, sides and ceiling of his enclosure for us. I don't think that enclosure will ever be quite the same after him. Oh and we had a pair of chameleons up until recently, which were especially fond of eating bees whenever we took them out to the garden for some good old sun exposure.
existentialsnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ziggy Zag » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:53 am

existentialsnake wrote:Oho my time to shine has arrived

Okay so I've owned basically every type of pet. My first hamster (RIP Hamlet) had this funny habit of taking the food he stored and arranging it in little rows along the side of his hide. He also used to push the dirty bedding out with his lil hamster hands and dump it one side for me to clean. OCD much lmao? Of the two hamsters I have at the moment, one has been diagnosed with cancer and is living out her days comfortably driving me mad running on her huge non-silent wheel (more comfortable than the smaller wheels) and chasing my fingers around whenever she hears the food tin open. Little Sheila is very fierce despite her old age. Tiny we adopted because she was the runt of her littler at the pet store and was being bullied by her siblings. She has since then grown absolutely gigantic. She's a black dwarf hamster with the cutest white belly, but she's almost triple Sheila's size so I imagine it has something to do with her genetics. I can only imagine how big the others are right now.

I've had quite a lot of fish over the years, but currently I have a small eco-tank with snails and the 3rd gen offspring of some wild guppies I kept and raised. That tank is filled with normal and albino (neon pink!!) Ramshorn snails. A smaller fishbowl next to the tank is used for growing out moss and pond snails to feed my assassin snails. My main display tank houses a tiretrack eel (30cm long and going strong), and 3 bichirs. One is a standard Senegal bichir (Finley Jr.), one is an unfortunately very stunted but otherwise healthy albino bichir (Astrid), and the last we actually got yesterday! She's a very fat platinum bichir that was rehomed to us because she was attacked by her previous tankmates, which left her with no eyes :( We've named her Skelly. Despite not being able to see she always gets to the food first and it's a bigger problem to make sure the other fish are eating enough haha. We'll be adding velvet angelfish, a yellow zigzag eel and spotted bushfish in the near future.
I highly recommend googling the bichir! They're capable of walking on land for short periods of time and have the most amazing personalities of any monster fish I've owned so far.

My partner and I also each have a ball python. Mine, Monty, is coming up to 2 years this August. He is an absolute potato, he loves sitting on people's laps and watching crime documentaries. He can be quite shy at times so he tends to be quite hissy with new people, but seems to get along great with kids?? His favorite hobby is sitting on my head underneath my hoodie and supervising me while I work on the laptop. He seems to approve of me playing CS. He secretly likes kisses.
My partner's BP is quite silly, hence the name Silius. If he does manage to catch his food on the first try he gets a little overeager with the squeezing and well...it's not fun to clean :') Otherwise he's clearly the more outgoing of the two, very curious and always eager to explore. He likes back scratches and arches his back like a cat to get more.

Our baby angulated tortoise, Chaurli (God of War fans, anyone?) is also always ready for an adventure but because we're moving into winter and the rains have started, we've had to move her indoors. Now her hobbies include seeing how many times a day she can force me to change her bedding by tipping over the water bowl, trying to climb rocks, falling over, and waiting for me to put her upright. Oh and sleeping, she does that quite a bit too.

Other than that, I've also owned african clawed frogs, which are quite possibly the best things I've ever kept. They look SO dumb and every photo of them is 10/10 meme material. They will attempt to eat anything that moves, including your finger, which is a fantastic ice breaker when we have people over. We've also had several other reptiles in the past, the most memorable being Hades the corn snake, who would make wonderful *wall paintings* all over the glass, sides and ceiling of his enclosure for us. I don't think that enclosure will ever be quite the same after him. Oh and we had a pair of chameleons up until recently, which were especially fond of eating bees whenever we took them out to the garden for some good old sun exposure.

Goodness this is so cool! Thank you for sharing!! This singlehandedly got me to google and research the bichir…
⭑ Ziggy Zag ⭑ She/her/they/them ⭑

Feel free to PM or trade me!
Ziggy Zag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FivePebbles » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:52 pm

During my childhood one of our cats got outside somehow when we were all leaving well two hours later we got back and he was perching on the porch. Actually happened a couple times one time a neighbor knocked on the door to tell us our cat was hiding under a chair on the porch he had been out there all day. He was quite the escape artist!
Image Image Image Image
FivePebbles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me