Please help

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Please help

Postby .Broken » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks for clicking on this- I am having some problems and could use your help. I live in NC and recently caught a wild fish in a river. The fish in question likes to be with others of its kind. I can't figure out what kind it is; I'm pretty sure its some kind of loach but i'm not sure. It's currently being kept in a 55-gallon long with some platys, common plecs, gambusia (controlled population, w/ divider), and some other fish/inverts. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks!
"Games are only fun to play..."

- Fish and aquatic invert keeper

- Formerly "Нүхтэй Слизерин"
- Artist, writer, pianist, poet
- TFP fanatic
- Scorpio

Salutations. Call be Broken. I like to watch horror films and draw comics. If you want some of my pets or items you can just send a trade on over- I'll do free art if you want, just see here. I'm open to PMs if you need help with the site, if you want to talk about TFP, etc: I don't block people and I'm fairly understanding, so don't be afraid to shoot me a message.

"When you're winning."- Knock Out
.Broken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Please help

Postby rancidram » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 am

This is just me, but I would highly recommend not catching wild animals.
Wild caught fish moving in with captive bred fish are prone to many health problems for the entirety of the tank. And catching wild animals and putting them in captivity is wrong, in my opinion.
╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
r a n c i d r a m
black lives matter • empty the tanks • feminist
most likely inactive
ImageImageImage
╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
rancidram

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Please help

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:46 am

i don't think it's legal to keep indigenous wild fish. maybe if you caught a feral goldfish, those can go home. otherwise harboring native wildlife could be illegal. maybe even if you caught and kept wood lice
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me