Kreate a Kalon: Design a Legendary, Get a Rare!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Kreate a Kalon: Design a Legendary, Get a Rare!

Postby captain dude » Thu May 23, 2024 11:45 am

Hiya all! I’m in need of a new Kal or two! Help me make a friend!

You can make up to legendary but don’t feel like you have to add leg traits! The design can be as simple or as complex as you want!

The catch? They’ll have to fit into my AU! The biggest part of a Kal for me is making sure they have a story to tell!!! In my AU, kals form breeds like dogs depending on which planet they live on and what environment they live in!

Feel free to come up with lore as you create a kal! I'd of course love to hear it if you have headcanons!

Currently, I have:
— Kunea: a snowy permafrost planet with a deep crystal mines, ski resorts, tall mountains and pine trees and monstrous creatures and vampires that roam the surface. This planet is used for gemstone mining, lumber, snow sport tourism, magma harvesting, and military base for the good guys. Under the surface, lots of Kals have shorter fur and heat/magma resistant adaptations. Above the surface, they have thick fur, dark coats, and bioluminescence for spotting each other in snowstorms.
— Tai’al: the dangerous rainforest planet with lots of venomous creatures. Kals tend to have multiple ears, lots of eyes, and venom to protect them from predators. Very prehistoric with some tall mountains that have caverns and snow on them.
— Aviil: shared world between me and sheepsorrel; think your average D&D fantasy setting, kingdoms, plenty of cute cottagecore towns & taverns, dragons, adventurers, evil nobles, all that jazz, mostly meadows, lakes, seas, and forests (average fantasy type vibe)
-- Cerulean: high tech luxurious planet under an oppressive and evil government; mild weather and lots of forests with eucalyptus trees along with an "uninhabited" desert-forest where political refugees tend to run to
--The Lost Isles: a diverse spaceport bustling with all kinds of life forms and cultures, a wide range of neighborhoods, with each of its small meteor-like neighborhoods anchored together by gigantic chains. One is an older neighborhood akin to the late 1800s early 1900s of Earth run by the mafia.
--Etui: a tropical reef planet with vast archipelagos and tropical rainforests that has become a new settlement for kals. A friendly and communal neighborhood that tends to make artisanal goods and trades fish
--Space pirates: they're pirates!!! in space!!!
--Calcite: a cyberpunk planet with vast temperature changes and extreme body modifications done by its denizens
My kalons if you want to snoop around: https://toyhou.se/TheGreatRatsby/charac ... er:1865514

Traits I really like (legendary):
Cybernetics (I’ve got robotics brainrot right now)
Fins! Mermay!
Wings
Color change
Long body
Body spikes
Raptor feet
Scales
Gems
Wyvern
Form change

Traits I really like (non legendary):
Horns
Height edit tall
Paw size
Glow
Shine on body
Weight edits
Creative ears/fur edits/hairstyles
sclera colour
colored blood

Traits that I vibe with on some designs:
Goop
Halo
Double Tails
Double Ears
Double Tongue
3-5 Extra/Missing Eyes
5-6 Limbs
Twisted Limb
Polydactyly/Oligodactyly
Shaped Pawpads
Shaped Eyes
Bulbed/Feathered Whiskers
Missing limb
scars
claws
teeth
tattoos

Design themes I love (in no particular order):
Fantasy, cryptid/monster, speculative evolution, real animal patterns/themes, tribal vibes, celestial, tropical rainforest, robots & ai (not ai art, I hate that but characters who are AIs) arctic, marine/aquatic, regal, hellish/magma/lava, rock themed, robotic/cyberpunk, portal/portal 2, murder drones (the hyperfixation is real), aliens, Egyptian/anubis, streamertail hummingbirds, prehistoric (Dino/ice age/cambrian explosion), girlboss characters, tomboys, masc characters, pearlescent designs, blue and gold, black and gold, green and gold, literally most palettes don’t feel limited by any of this, watercolour/blended markings, braids/dreads/unique hair types & styles, punk looks, accessories

The only off-limits traits are:
Cyclops my behated (missing eye is fine!)
Double iris
Short height
red/green palette; red/blue palettes
Impossible to replicate/draw/simplify designs (I want to doodle them again and give them love 🥺)

Everyone gets a prize but the top scorers get:
🥇 unlimited rare MYO
🥈uncommon MYO and 300C$
🥉store pet or item set!

Ends July 15th! Open to extensions!
Last edited by captain dude on Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kreate a Kalon: Design a Legendary, Get a Rare!

Postby cherubim » Sat May 25, 2024 11:12 am

Mark 🫶🏻
x
x
x

┌──────────── (☀) ────────────┐
❝ 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❞
🕊 wren 🕊 they/she 🕊 sylvain's wife! 🕊
lover of birds, poetry, and fire emblem
take a gander at my writing

└──────────── (☀) ────────────┘
cherubim