Kite's Writing Competitions (Contest 3 Open!)

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Kite's Writing Competitions (New Contest! End Date Nov 1

Postby sirpiusofgrizz » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:32 am

I am entering!

Username: sirpiusofgrizz

Main character reference: frankie justice, (art by my friend doveluy) a human self proclaimed "herald of justice" and damien lawman, (image from the sims model my sister made for him) a demon posing as a human lawyer to steal the souls of his clients.

Main character storage page (optional): none yet but i'm working on 'em -- if they're done before deadline i'll throw frankie's here!

Prompt number (if 4, also give photo letter/s): Prompt 4 -- Photo A

Word count (must be 500 words or more): N/A

Are you using someone else's OCs in your story? (If yes, link permission): damien lawman is my sister's oc! asked her right here!

Writing entry:
TBA! <3
"Perhaps the Holy Word is not contained on any parchment or scroll, but in the beauty of creation all around us..."

sir zak // they/it // #1 cozy grove enjoyer of all time

sirpiusofgrizz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

placeholder ~

Postby arcadia. » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:02 am

╔═══════════════════╗
➸ username;; arcadia
➸ characters;; unknown
➸ prompt;; 3
➸ scenery;; photo 4
➸ mood;; high stakes. tense
➸ other;; supposed to be from an unknown perspective
╚═══════════════════╝

I'll be the calm, I will be quiet
Stripped to the bone, I wait
No, I'll be a stone, I'll be the hunter
A tower that casts a shade

I am the storm, I am the storm
I am the storm so wait

1204 words
    mean, we all knew it was a dangerous. that's part of why i am here.

and i knew that you were, well, a little reckless. but that's not the same thing as knowing, is it?

but there are a few things i would have warned you about.

the first is that time is unpredictable, and not in the way that you might think.

i'll explain.

it's like a river. you can try to navigate it, to stay on course, but at the same time, the currents can pull you one way or another, and you can find yourself being swept away.

i've seen this firsthand, more times than i care to admit.

the second is that there are consequences for every decision you make, even the ones you don't know about.

sometimes you can avoid the bad ones, but other times you can't.

and when you can't, it's because the choices you've made have set you on a path that will end badly.

or in my case, end very, very badly.

im a hired assassin. I walk down a deserted cobblestone street in the town I'm in. i look around and see a wealthy merchant's house. my target's house. as i approach, i notice a guard standing outside, a hand on the hilt of his sword. i walk around him, trying to avoid drawing his attention. I notice a wind that I could easily climb to for later breakage. I scan the area and spot a small tavern in the distance. As i approach, i hear the sound of clinking glasses and the smell of ale wafting through the air. The sign above the door reads

’The Blacksmith's Arms.’ I enter and see a few patrons sitting at the tables, drinking and laughing. I spot a man in the corner with a large mug of ale and a smug look on his face. He catches my eye and smirks, clearly enjoying my discomfort. I approach him cautiously, trying to remain unnoticed.

As i get closer, i notice that he has a thick beard and a scar above his left eyebrow. He takes a long swig from his mug and turns to me, eyeing me up and down. "What brings a pretty thing like you to this place?" he asks, his tone mocking.

I grit my teeth and reply, "shut up. it's my business, stranger."

The man laughes and takes another swig from his mug. "oh, I see. well, if you're looking for a job, I have an opportunity for you"

I say "I have not interest in any of your 'jobs'"

The man chuckles and lines in closer, his breath hot on my face. "Oh, but you should. This could be a good opportunity for you. I could use someone like you on my team."

I grow infuriated, and turn away from the table, intending to leave. the man calls out

"again, if you need a job, i have friends who would pay a handsome price for your skills."

I quickly grab my steel dagger from my belt and charge at the man, striking him with a swift uppercut. He falls back, clutching his throat as he gasps for air. The patrons at the other tables scramble to get out of my way, their eyes wide with fear and disbelief. I take advantage of the moment and quickly make my escape, running down the street until I’m sure i’m out of sight.

As i catch my breath, i realize that I’ve just made a terrible mistake. I'm hired assassin, supposed to be discreet, and i was supposed to take out the guard outside the wealthy merchant's house. But now, i’ve just assaulted a member of the Blacksmith's Arms tavern. I’m certain that I’ll be hunted down for this. I curse under my breath and realize that i need to come up with a plan to cover my tracks.

I quickly think back to my training and try to remember anything that could help me now. I remember one of my instructors talking about using misdirection and stealth to cover my tracks.

If the people of the Blacksmith's Arms believe that I attacked them, they'll focus on tracking me down. However, if I can create a distraction, they'll likely forget about the actual target of my mission.

I scan the streets and spot a cart loaded with barrels of wine. It's the perfect cover. I sprint over to the cart and tip it over, spilling its contents onto the road. As the wine splashes the ground, the driver of the cart curses and tries to regain control of his wagon. The other patrons of the tavern run over, trying to get their hands on the free wine in the chaos. With everyone distracted, i slip away and wait until nightfall.

i wait for the cover of night and approach the target's house once more. I scale the wall, and quietly open a window, slipping inside. i creep down the hall and peer into the living room, where I see my target sleeping on the couch.

As i approach the man, i pull out my dagger, ready to strike.

I'm so close to completing my mission, and then I can get out of this town, put some distance between myself and the Blacksmith's Arms.

But just as I'm about to finish the job, the man opens his eyes and sees me. He cries out and scrambles backwards, falling off the couch. I raise my dagger, ready to strike, but before I can, the door to the room flies open, and a group of guards rush in. I swear to myself. This mission is everything. If I'm captured, it could mean the end of my career.

I throw a dagger at the first guard, hitting him square in the chest. The others charge at me, but I manage to evade them, ducking under a wild swing and slicing another one across the arm.

But the numbers are against me. The remaining guards pin me to the ground, and I feel a blade pressed against my throat.

"It's over," one of them growls. "You're coming with us."

The guards haul me to my feet, and I know that my mission is lost.

i'll be hanged, or worse, for what i've done.

I should've known better, but alas, I had to try.

As the guards drag me out of the house, I look back at the man I was sent to kill, who is now staring at me with a look of terror in his eyes.

He'll live to see another day, but at what cost?

I'll never know.

But I'm certain of one thing: i won’t die with honor, having failed my mission.

This mission was the largest, highest stakes operation yet. Successfully completing it could mean a promotion for me, and the chance to do more dangerous jobs.

failure, on the other hand, would mean a swift death, most likely by hanging.

I knew the risks when I accepted the job, but now that I'm faced with them, I'm not sure if I'm ready.

Everybody knows I'm the best assassin, that's why those rich people hiding in the shadows hire me. I've never been caught before this.

Last edited by arcadia. on Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dizzy socks » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:42 am

mark! I think I'll use prompt two, and write about autumn in Edinburgh.
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:26 am

One Week until Contest 2 closes ^^

EDIT* Lil Announcement! Not only do you have about 5 days left for the current contest, but there will be a delay in starting Contest 3. I will be participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which will most likely eat up all my free time. There is a possibility that Contest 3 will need to wait until Dec 1st. Keep this in mind if you're planning on waiting for the next competition ^^;
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:08 am

2 days until close

Ps- I may delay the close of the contest by 2 weeks if we don't get enough last minute entries. I am a by the wire writer lol so not calling it yet!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:21 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:
2 days until close

Ps- I may delay the close of the contest by 2 weeks if we don't get enough last minute entries. I am a by the wire writer lol so not calling it yet!

no problem? maybe a week may be good? I’m feeling a bit rushed with NanoWrimo this year :3
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:41 am

I am also doing Nanowrimo -high five- so figured I would extend 2 weeks as the first week of November... I am pretty much a wreck tbh xD
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dizzy socks » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:46 am

I would be so so happy if there was an extension - I've made a start, but work is very busy atm and realistically I'm unlikely to get a chance to finish by November 1st
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kite's Writing Competitions (New Contest! Ends Nov 15th!

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:17 am

Yeah, I'll go ahead and extend the contest til Nov 15th :thumbup: And since I got lucky during my banner hunting, I am adding a cocoon banner pet for first place.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kite's Writing Competitions (New Contest! Ends Nov 15th!

Postby sirpiusofgrizz » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:20 am

thank you so so much !! ive started and have an outline but i have been swamped with art and irl work LOL
"Perhaps the Holy Word is not contained on any parchment or scroll, but in the beauty of creation all around us..."

sir zak // they/it // #1 cozy grove enjoyer of all time

sirpiusofgrizz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me