FINISHED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

FINISHED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby Freeway » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello all, and welcome!

As the title suggests, I'm looking to some people to draw some of my characters. Before we get into the competition though, I'd like to make a few rules clear:

1. Any and all art submitted will be mine to keep and use (with proper recognition to the artist) after the contest, no matter if it is a winning piece or not.
2. Please do not use bases or trace art. This has to be your own work.
3. Digital art is HIGHLY PREFERRED. Please try to consider doing digital art only!
4. You may enter as many times as you like.
5. Be respectful!
6. All other CS rules apply.

A few more clarifications: You can either post your entries on the thread or PM me... whichever method you want. Along with that, feel free to do either headshots or full body entries. I have no restrictions on any of that; whatever works best for you, please don't feel restricted from doing it.

You also DO NOT have to draw all the characters listed. You may choose who to draw at your own free will.

The prizes are as follows (First, second, and third will be given out when the competition ends, obviously. Participation prizes will be given when you submit your artwork):

First Place:
Image Image Image Image Image + 20C$

Second Place:
Image Image Image Image + 10 C$

Third Place:
Image Image Image + 5 C$

All participants get an uncommon participation prize. I will try to make it wishlist, but if I cannot, I will just send some sort of pet. Each entry gets a participation prize, so it is possible to get multiple.

This competition is set to end on February 1! PM me if you may need an extension, I may be able to give one.

Now, as for the characters I'd like art on, they are listed below with reference links. If you have any questions about any characters, feel free to PM me or post here. Also, the palettes given for each character is just a general reference! The colors don't have to be spot on to the palettes if you don't think the specific shades go together well.

Lilac - Reference Sheet, Traditional Headshot (Colored), Palette Range, Digital Headshot
Description: Lilac is a thin, short girl that stands at about 5'3". She has rather pale skin with freckles across her nose and cheeks. Her hair is soft and of a wispy but plentiful amount, set in a lilac color (from which she gets her name) that can be comparable to a cloud or cotton candy. Her eyes are a pale sky blue color. She has a tattoo of three balloons (one of each primary color) on the inside of her left shoulder. Another tattoo of hers can be spotted on the outside right shoulder- the design is of a ringed planet surrounded by other smaller moons/planets and stars. The entirety of these is set in a purplish blue space-y background. Lilac isn't very picky with her clothing and often throws whatever is on, but the most common thing you could find her in is various band shirts and torn skinny jeans. She's an odd one about shoes - she'll avoid wearing them if possible.

Frederick - Headshot, Fullbody ref pic (Sorta), Palette Range
Description: Frederick is an incredibly tall grizzly bear anthro, standing at over 9 feet tall. The color of his fur is just as one would expect of a grizzly bear- brown. His fur is in rather dark shades of brown, closest to a chestnut sort of color or the color of coffee. His eyes are a dark and deep blue, almost comparable to that of sapphires. Frederick is an army general, so he's most often seen in a dark army green general's outfit and hat. The snakes and extra markings on the hat, along with the buttons on his coat and whatever else, are white/white gold.

Joy - Fullbody, Palette Range, Digital Flat Color Head Shot
Description: Joy is a long, wingless, furred dragon. Her fur is simply pitch black, as if you're staring into a part of the void. Her eyes stand out greatly against her fur, as they are a deep crimson red. Along with all that, her horns are a dark grey. She almost always has on a friendly expression, always trying to reflect her name.

Damien - Fullbody, General color palette, Another Slightly Better Palette Range
Description: Damien is a strange, demonic sort of dragon that's basically the equivalent of a walking cactus with all of his spikes. Most of his spikes are rather thin and more on the delicate side, like fine needles. His general colors consist of dark hues of reds and maroons - the sorts one may associate with plague. And like a sort of plague, Damien can spread a sort of rot, easily killing smaller things in its path. Damien has heterochromia - his left eye is an azure blue that's on the darker end of sky blue. The other eye is an intense, burning yellow.

Dakota - Almost fullbody, Another fullbody (Colored), Palette Range
Description: Dakota is a red Angus cow anthro with reddish-orangish-brown fur (just about any examples of red Angus cows online match exactly). Her eyes are a brilliant sky blue. She has a slightly chubbier build that she doesn't like being pointed out frequently. Her expressions often range between unsure, kind, and focused, though of course there's flashes of other emotions at times as well. When Dakota isn't in a doctor's lab coat and pants, she'll wear a range of clothing- though she usually avoids tank tops and shorter shorts. Her favorite clothing includes highly comfortable things like sweaters, hoodies, jeans, and sweatpants.
Last edited by Freeway on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:13 am, edited 31 times in total.

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

>>> Check out this awesome artist!!
Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Entries

Postby Freeway » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Last edited by Freeway on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:08 am, edited 19 times in total.

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Freeway » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Not interested in this art comp? Consider checking out my other one! --> Link Here!
Last edited by Freeway on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Draw My Characters! (Prizes and Guidelines in Post)

Postby Freeway » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:25 am

Bump

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freeway » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:44 am

Bump

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freeway » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:09 am

Bump

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freeway » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:01 am

Bump

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freeway » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 am

Bump

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freeway » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 am

Bump

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freeway » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Bump

✧✧✧
My ToyHouse!
✧✧✧

Freeway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes