The Chicken Smoothie Writing Competition! [CLOSED/JUDGING]

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

The Chicken Smoothie Writing Competition! [CLOSED/JUDGING]

Postby FoldєdPapєrHєarts » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 am

Welcome, all, to the Chicken Smoothie Writing Competition!
I see you've stumbled upon this thread...good, that means you're curious!

What I'm aiming to do with this thread to to see how much talent Chicken Smoothie really has hidden in the shadows! I know of many writers who are imensly talented that hide in the corners of this site, unnoticed by others! I also know that I, as well as many others, are getting tired of seeing all of the competitions around here being only for drawings. Writing is as much of an art as drawing. Don't get us wrong; we love you artists who draw, but we want to be recognized, too!
So, here's a boost for all of you writers; enter this competition and really let both you as well as your work shine!

Rules:
Ah yes, the dreaded Rules! Just please, read through everything thorougly or else I might have to go all dino-rampage on you! In other words...I'll know if you don't and you more than likely will not win. ^^ Most are pretty obvious, but please read them all anyway.

• Respect everyone, including me as well other people competing, in this competition.
Absolutely NO stealing of anyone's writing. Anything you submit must be 100% your own work. This includes characters, plot/storyline, settings, ect. You will get reported if you do this.
• Depending on the size of your piece, please post it in the correct catagory. ( See below )
• When you enter your piece, please use correct grammer, spelling and puncuation. Do not post anything using chatspeak ect.
• Don't bug me about whether you are in the lead or not for your catagory. You'll all find out eventually, everyone just needs to be patient!
• Like I said above, be patient. I have to read everything, judge them and pick a winner. I may be a fast reader, but still. I have a life too!
• Do not mini-mod, please. If you are unsure about something, ask me, not others. They might have the correct answer, but it helps to make sure and ask me, just in case.
• Don't complain about prizes; I tried my best to make it fair to all the winners.
• You can enter in all of the catagories.
• You can't submit more than once in one catagory.
• Following the two above rules, you can only enter three times.
• No FanFiction.
• No submitting anything after the due date for your category.
• If I have too, I am allowed to change any rules at any times in this competition. I probably won't, though.
• Stories can be about anything you want, as long as everything is from your own mind!
^^

Catagories:
Okay, here you'll find the catagories in which you shall place your entries. It also includes the Forms you will use to enter your piece. If you don't know whether your story is either Long or Short, just search a word count generator or use Word to find out how many words it is!

Poems: This one is pretty self explanitory. In this category, you can enter poems/haikus/ect. They can be as long as you want. If you need any further information on this category, please PM me![/size[]

Short Stories: This is for stories, obviously. However, these stories must be less than 1000 words long. If it is a few words above, say 1,020 words, then I won't care. Anything over will fall under the Long Stories category. Nothing under 50 words, please. If you need any further information on this category, please PM me!

Long Stories: This category is, again, for stories. However, everything entered in this category must be over 1000 words. Anything under will fall under the Short Stories Category. If you need any further information on this category, please PM me!

Forms:

Here, you'll find the forms you have to fill out. Please, use the appropriate form for the correct catagory that you are entering.

Poem Form:
Code: Select all
[u][b]Poem Form:[/b][/u]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Title of my Poem:[/b]
[b]What type of Poem is this? Haiku, Free Verse, ect.?:[/b]
[b]My Entry:[/b]

Short Story Form:
[u][b]Short Story Form:[/b][/u]
[b]Title of my Story:[/b]
[b]Number of Words:[/b]

Long Story Form:
[u][b]Long Story Form:[/b][/u]
[b]Title of my Story:[/b]
[b]Number of Words:[/b]

Prizes:
And now for the prizes! In my opinion, this shouldn't be about prizes, it should be about sharing your talent with others. But I know that's not often the case...so here they are. Each category will have a first and second prize and, if enough people donate, then possibly a third prize! If you think the prizes are unfair/not equal ect., please tell me and give me suggestions!

Also, I will be taking any donations anyone might want to give to this competition! ^^ Any donators will get their name on their first post under 'Sponsored By'. If you donate, please send me the trade. Don't just post saying you want to donate and then don't send me anything!

Just because you donate, however, does not mean that your prize will be used as a first or grand prize. I will chose where I place the pet. Also, if I have a lot of donations, I might not use all of the pets in one competition. Some might be used in the next one. So please, don't be mad if your donation is not used the first time or immidiately after you donate. ^^"

Grand Prize:

First Prizes:
A choice of one of the following:
ImageImageImageImage

Second Prizes:

ImageImage

Sponsored By:(Donators)
If you would like to donate, explained above, here is the form for it:
[b]Pet I would like to donate:[/b] (Please post the link to the pet)

A big thanks to all who donated!:
Wolfin
Mirry
Kavik the Alpha Wolf
Popcorns

Frequently Asked Questions:

•Can I enter only part, or only the introduction, of the story I am working on?
Yes! A full story would take way too long to judge, you see, so entering only part of the full thing would be perfect!
•How many times can I enter in one category?
One time. You may only enter once in each category.
•Can previous winners and runners up enter again?
Yes.
•How do I donate?
Use the form found above. :3
•Are you open for moderators, helpers, ect.?
No, not yet. If this gets more popular, then possibly. However, for now, I am fine doing this solo. ^^
•How long can my entry be?
Depending on the category, it can be as long as you want. If you are going for a short story, it has to be under 1000. If a long story, it can be as long as you want it to be. :3
•What place am I in!? 8D
You'll have to wait and see.
•I don't know how long my entry is. How do I find out?
A quick website to check would be this: Click here!
Just copy and paste your entry, click Submit, and below you will see your word count. ^^

-------------

Entries:
Poems:
ΔвʏƨƨǪʋɛɛи//This is Just to Say//Page 20
Zakori//Scare//Page 21
Bartimaeus//Escape//Page 22
Peaceful Chaos//Fly Away//Page 22
Silent Symphony//Musings//Page 22
• l o r r e l i •//Drowning Out the World//Page 23
The Cat Did It//Her Eyes//Page 24
Ƨακσяιαи · Я α ɢ ɛ//Bittersweet//Page 24
~Lotus~//'Allies' at War (Fake Friends)//Page 24
veryberryapple//Hidden feelings//Page 24
Nightingale~//The Earth's Clock//Page 26
++knight.mare//Night//Page 27
PsychoxLetter //The Fence//Page 27
Zakori //Over//Page 27
Popcorns//Skip//Page 28
WolfRaven77//Sorrow//Page 28

Short Stories:
Zakori//No Title//Page 19
Sasiadragon//What Am I?//Page 21
Mirry//Miss-Princess of Estaria//Page 21
Gabri//Friends Forever//Page 22
The Cat Did It//Excert from Beautiful Day: The Journals of Victoria Stroud//Page 23
Cloudsong//You'll Never Know Me - Story of my life//Page 25
Bartimaeus//The Microscopic Villains//Page 25
Popcorns//Struggles//Page 28

Long Stories:
l u s h • wonder//No Title//Page 21
Gabri//The Band Of The Theives//Page 22
bluestar123//The Wolf Lust//Page 23
Nightingale~//Proton 3759//Pag 25
Nals//Tied in Two Worlds//Page 27
<3Aiden<3//Practise Makes Perfect//Page 27
Bartimaeus//Unnamed Prose//Page 27
Last edited by FoldєdPapєrHєarts on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:50 am, edited 63 times in total.

I used to be Sєt.Mє.Frєє.

I folded a million paper hearts,
for every moment my
heart has belonged to you.

My Fursona
My Fanfiction
My Formspring
My Wattpad
My Quiz

ImageImageImage

FoldєdPapєrHєarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Chicken Smoothie Writing Competition!

Postby Cloudsong » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 am

Long Story Form:
Username: Cloudsong
Title of my Story: Moonshade's Promise
Number of Words: 1,285
My Story:

Moonshade silently padded out of her small house, her paws hitting the ground loudly out of her anger. She had just been told off by her mother for something she had not done. How could they be so cruel? If it had merely been them telling her that she had been bad, then she would have accepted it. But this had been mean... they had made her fur puff out, and she had even hissed (which was something she rarely did).
She found her paws leading her to the usual spot she would spend her days. On top of the fence that divided the world she wished she could be part of, with her reality. It made her so sad, watching all of the cats her age; cats that had happy, care-free lives. Moonshade was only a young cat, and she had to have so many problems!
Sadly she put her head on her paws, watching a small tom cat that was around her age, sniffing the fence below her. He was very handsome, and Moonshade ducked back, not wanting to be seen; this cat was rich! His parents would most likely get angry with him for even looking at her. Self-consciously she sighed, then flattened her ears, seeing the cat look up, his eyes brightening.
"Hey! What are you doing up there?" Before Moonshade could turn and run, the tom had jumped up leapt up beside her on her fence, gazing at her with confusion in his light blue eyes.
"Nothing," Moonshade breathed, watching him warily. "You shouldn't be here."
The cat shrugged. "Why not?"
Moonshade shook her head, though her tail was flicking back and forth happily; this was the closest to having a friend she had ever been in her whole life!
"I'm Saturn," he announced, dipping his head politely. "What's your name?"
"Moonshade," she mewed, her eyes bright.
"That's a nice name." Saturn's voice was impressed. "Our names have something in common; both having to do with the sky!" His tail twitched, and his eyes twinkled. "We should be friends."
Moonshade tipped her head to one side, looking over at her house in the distance. Could she?
Saturn followed her gaze. "What are you looking at?" he asked, not seeing the small house. His must have been huge, if he had missed it.
Moonshade shrugged. "Nothing important," she replied, nudging him.
"So do you want to be friends?" Saturn asked, purring slightly.
She was silent for a moment, debating. Then, finally, she mewed, "Sure."
Saturn's purr grew louder, and she joined in.
It was the beginning of a new era for Moonshade.

~*~*~

When they both reached their teenage stage, Saturn and Moonshade had both grown fully. His coat had become much fluffier, and her colors had become more vibrant.
"I'm telling you, Moonshade, you should come and live with me," Saturn mewed one snowy day as they sat on the fence. Moonshade had just finished telling him about an awful experience she had had with her father the night before.
Moonshade shook her head. "Are you crazy? No one knows about our friendship! Can you imagine your family's reaction if you brought a random cat over?"
Saturn sighed, and shook his head. "I still don't know why you don't let me tell them."
Moonshade blinked. "I don't want any trouble for you," she mewed gently.
"Trouble?" Saturn echoed, his mew bitter. "I'm not afraid of getting any 'trouble' from you!" He stretched, shaking snowflakes from his pelt. "You're my best friend, Moonshade."
Moonshade purred. "And you're mine." He was more than that. He was the only thing she had to look forward to in the morning when she woke up... the only reason why she hadn't run away.
"Then come and live with me," Saturn declared.
"Saturn... I can't. My parents would miss me."
Saturn looked down at her, his eyes full of disbelief. "Are you kidding? They're awful to you!"
Moonshade shrugged, reaching up and pawing at his face playfully, her claws sheathed. "Let's stop talking about me, why don't we? How's your life going?"
Saturn shrugged. "Better than yours, obviously."
Moonshade sighed.

~*~*~

"What's the point of all of this?" Saturn mewed one day, when they had reached their stage of being young adults. He was ready to move out of the house, but he hadn't yet.
Moonshade blinked, grooming her tail. "Point of what?"
"Of me continuing to lie about us," Saturn mewed. "To my parents."
Moonshade sighed. "I don't know," she murmured. "It just feels like.. the right thing to do."
"I'm legally an adult cat now," Saturn mewed earnestly. "I could leave at any time... my parents could know."
Moonshade blinked. "But what if they got angry?" she whispered. That was the last thing she wanted; she wouldn't - couldn't - see Saturn suffer.
"Then I'll leave," Saturn replied. "And I'll take you with me."
Moonshade purred with amusement. "You and your little plans." She flicked him lightly with her tail.
"It's true," Saturn protested, nudging her. "I want to spend my whole life with you, Moonshade."
Moonshade blinked. "You don't mean that.." Her voice trailed off, and she shook her head.
"But I do," Saturn argued. "I love you."
"As a friend," Moonshade mewed, her voice not showing the regret she felt. She wanted to be more than that.
"Friendship," Saturn mewed quietly, almost to himself. "But what if I wanted to be more than friends one day?" He looked side-ways over at her.
Moonshade's ears pricked up. "One day isn't now," she mewed gently. "You'd get sick of me if you lived with me."
Saturn blinked. "Would I? I've known you for a long time, and I've never wanted to stop seeing you."
She was silent for a moment. "Besides, we're too young to be mates."
Saturn tipped his head to one side. "Are we?" he mewed. "I'm technically an adult now."
Moonshade looked down. "Well I am, at least."
"I know," Saturn mewed. "And I'll wait for you," he vowed.

~*~*~*~

"Moonshade!"
Moonshade looked up, hearing Saturn's voice. Quickly she jumped up onto the fence, purring with delight when she saw him. "What's up?" she mewed quietly, licking his cheek.
He purred back. "Are you ready to go?"
Moonshade pulled back. "Go?" she echoed. "Where?"
"I'm leaving," Saturn mewed, his voice still soft. He looked up at the darkening sky. "And I'm taking you with me."
Moonshade's whiskers twitched. "You must be crazy," she mused.
"I'm not," Saturn argued. "We'll run away together, start a new life."
Moonshade blinked. "Saturn... you don't know what you're saying."
Saturn nuzzled her lovingly, licking her cheek. "I've never been more sure," he mewed. "I can't leave you here, and I won't."
Moonshade blinked, breathing in his familiar scent. "Saturn..." she mewed, her voice trailing off as she looked down.
He pulled away. "What's wrong?" he whispered, seeing her sadness.
She shook her head. "I don't want to ruin your life."
Saturn's eyes widened. "Ruin it?" he echoed. "Moonshade- you made my life amazing. Without you, I wouldn't have anything I care about anymore."
Moonshade let out a shaky purr, twining her tail with his. "I love you," she whispered.
"I love you too," Saturn mewed, purring loudly. "And that's what I mean- you and I, no matter where we'll be... we'll be happy; as long as we're together."
Moonshade rested her head on his shoulder. "I know."
"Then you'll come with me?" Saturn mewed, his voice full of joy.
Moonshade nodded. "Without a doubt." She had never sounded so sure in her life.
And as she looked back that day at her old house, her old, unhappy life... she knew she hadn't made a mistake.

Last edited by Cloudsong on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no longer an active member of this community, but I'm always looking to commission art of my dog, Pascal the Pomeranian! ^^ PM me if you're interested in drawing him, and we can discuss payment.
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoldєdPapєrHєarts » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:53 am

Great story, Cloud! Thanks for entering ^^

for every moment my

My Fursona
My Fanfiction
My Formspring
My Wattpad
My Quiz

ImageImageImage

FoldєdPapєrHєarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudsong » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks! ^^
I'm no longer an active member of this community, but I'm always looking to commission art of my dog, Pascal the Pomeranian! ^^ PM me if you're interested in drawing him, and we can discuss payment.
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syeira » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 am

Ahhh, yay! This is right down my alley. (*coughcan'tdrawbutcanwritesortof*) Finally, a CS competition that doesn't involve drawing OCs...anyway. I'll be entering as soon as I have a plot idea. (Under 5000? Really? *Doesn't write short things*) :3 Wish me luck with thinking up something good!

Ps: How, er, mature can it get? I'm not talking like, cussing or heavy romance, but violence and theme wise?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Syeira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudsong » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 am

Syeira wrote:Ps: How, er, mature can it get? I'm not talking like, cussing or heavy romance, but violence and theme wise?

Erm... I don't think it can get graphic ;) And cursing shouldn't be very high; there are young eyes on CS!
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syeira » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:31 am

Sure, no problem. *Is rethinking plot* Lol
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Syeira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoldєdPapєrHєarts » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 am

Hmm...I'd say PG-13 for the over-all rating, because younger kids may come on and join. ^^

Haha, thanks, and good luck xD Can't wait to see what you write!
And I agree completely with what you said; I was sick of seeing all competitions be just for art. ^^

for every moment my

My Fursona
My Fanfiction
My Formspring
My Wattpad
My Quiz

ImageImageImage

FoldєdPapєrHєarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoldєdPapєrHєarts » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Oh, and by the way, I'll add a due date for everything after a few more people have joined (: Sorry if this causes any inconvience.

for every moment my

My Fursona
My Fanfiction
My Formspring
My Wattpad
My Quiz

ImageImageImage

FoldєdPapєrHєarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ΔвʏƨƨǪʋɛɛи » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 pm

oooh yay a writing comp! I'll probably be writing a short story later too xD ack should I enter Silver Mourn or Freerun? X3 ... anyway here's my form
Poem Form:
Username: AbyssQueen
Title of my Poem: Silver Mourn
Is this a Poem, Haiku, ect?: Poem
My Entry:
Silver Mourn

There is nothing anyone can do,
There is no hope,
The lightning shall strike blue,
The sky will fall,
The earth crumble,
The seas spill,
All life will cease,
A last drop of sorrow shall roll down all cheeks,
That is my silver mourn.

& by linking to the pet, did you mean in a pm or on a post or what?
MASS PET GIVEAWAY! READ TRADE RULES FOR DETAILS!!!
Image Image Image

|Ask me!|Fursona|YouTube|Writing Thread|
Feel free to pm me about anything!
"Ɩ ωαƨ ικɛ ƜѲΔĦĦĦ & Ɩ κιɛ ƨσ мαиʏ ραитƨ!" -Ǥɛяαя Ɯαʏ
"Ƴɛαн Ɩ яιиκ ʝʋιcɛ ωнɛи Ɩ'м κιιиɢ, 'cαʋƨɛ ιтƨ ғ*cκιи ɛιcισʋƨ." -Ғяαиκ Ɩɛяσ ♥
"Ɩт тαƨтɛƨ ικɛ ƨσмɛσиɛ ƨтσɛ мʏ ωαɛт. Ƴα κиσω?" -Ǥɛяαя Ɯαʏ
Everybody wants to change the world but no one, no one wants to die. Wanna try?
xXx Is it my turn to die? xXx
I meant what I said, but did I say what I meant?
Hallelujah, lock and load, if this is what you want, then fire at will!
*laugh* So how was it, the land of the dead?
Have you heard the news that your dead?
✁✂✄ OMGSCISSORS! ✁✂✄
Two Wrongs, a leopard/snow leopard elemental rp! Please Join!

See you in Paradise...
ΔвʏƨƨǪʋɛɛи

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me