CHALLENGE ONLY YOURSELF [325 Store Pets] RESULTS

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

What do you think about this art contest?

I am thinking about entering.
33%
I don't know if I will find time to enter.
16%
I will not enter the contest.
2%
I like the prizes offered.
25%
I don't find the prizes interesting.
No votes
I think this is a unique contest.
22%
I don't understand how this contest is any different from others.
1%

Total votes : 139

Re: CHALLENGE ONLY YOURSELF [325 Store Pets] ENDS 30th APRIL

Postby Asvoria » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:08 am

another bump!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:48 am

15 days are left!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:15 am

bumping time!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mommy Amon » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:03 am

mark

╔═════════════════════════╗
Dms and trades open
╚═════════════════════════╝

ImageImageImage

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Commissions and art trades open, pm or dm on discord - daluniak
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Mommy Amon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Direbolt » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:23 am

I would like to enter this contest!
────────────────»
Link to gallery: X
Selected artworks: X, X, X, X, X
Entry: X
Prize preference: 00, -01, 03, 06, 05, 40, 26, 22, 19, 12, 16, 02, 35, 51, 53, 01, -02, 04, 07, 13, 11, 10, 28, 23
────────────────»

First I want to say that I really appreciate the theme of this contest; I tend to not push my comfort zone much while drawing because I just... draw what I want to, so this was a pretty helpful exercise. ^^ I hope you also like the drawing/design that came of it!

I enjoy character design a lot, but I tend to fall into some similarities among my designs. So since I was adapting something I tried to do some things differently. I struggle with more muscular builds so I made him pretty muscly. I also tried to get the fact they're a dapple in the design by giving them freckles and arm... color change? Not sure what to call this, but it's cool on that one genshin character so I took inspo from that.

Where I really tried to push myself was in the art style, background/lighting, and pose.

Starting with the pose, I try to avoid this kind of... head backwards so the hair isn't covering the face at all pose like the plague. I have a really hard time getting the face to look right when there's no hair covering it, which is why every character I have designed for myself has bangs. In general the pose is also fairly dynamic, though a lot of it ended up being obscured by the clothing.

I also tried to incorporate the background into the drawing a lot. I usually just have my drawings exist in the Void, and when I do draw a background it's usually either really basic or I use layering tricks to make it look more cohesive with the character. This time I tried to have the character interacting with the background and also have some lighting to make it more cohesive! Not a very complex background still, but I'll need to work on that another time.

Lastly, the art style! I've never done a lineless style before! So it was interesting to try and a bit challenging. I usually stop at coloring in sketches flatly, or take an eternity on lines, so it was fun to try something new!
Direbolt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:23 am

Updates!
────────────────»
- Direbolt was registered for the contest.

Good luck!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vully-the-vulpix » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:51 am

Can I ask what is meant by gallery
sorry if this is a stupid question but this is the first real art thing I am doing apart from some lineart -based okaki scribbles and my school art lessons
These are the things that I have found in varied forgotten places that speak to my heart and have stuck with me even when I can no longer recall there source
  • We're all stories, in the end.(Just make it a good one, eh?)
  • You Don't Have To Be Mad To Live Here But It Helps!!
  • Be brave, be kind, and always get back up.
  • Hard things we can do right away. Impossible things may take a bit longer
  • Better to die saving lives, than to live with taking them
  • Everything ends, and it's always sad. But everything begins again too, and that's always happy
  • What Earthlings meant, when they said, "It can't be done", was not that a thing was impossible. It was that they had not yet figured out how to achieve it, and were inviting everyone around them to prove them wrong
  • if someone says it's raining, and another person says it's dry, it's not your job to quote them both. your job is to look out the window and find out which is true.
  • the prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other
  • He is human, finite, mortal, and therefore limited. At times I wonder if he is aware of this.
  • Stuff happens. But don't forget to live.
  • Hope and grace and the ways of living out and beyond the ways of surviving.
  • Everything comes with a cost or conversely, everything comes with a reward. It depends on how you see things, and where you're looking from
Vully-the-vulpix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:11 am

Vully-the-vulpix wrote:Can I ask what is meant by gallery
sorry if this is a stupid question but this is the first real art thing I am doing apart from some lineart -based okaki scribbles and my school art lessons

Hellou there! I'm always up to answer all questions that might come up, so please don't hesitate to ask until everything is clear.

With a gallery I mean a sort of website or place that you use to display your art portfolio. Some people use designated websites like deviantART, some have just uploaded a few pictures to image upload sites like imgur. The purpose of the gallery is to show the other judges and me some of your previous artwork, so that we have a reference to judge your work against. After all, this contest is about challenging your own skills ;)
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:02 am

bump!
Less than 10 days to go!