Awesome Competitions! Write a Story; Win Some Pets!!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Awesome Competitions! Write a Story; Win Some Pets!!

Postby math_gnome » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:37 am

Questions: Do we post story here or PM you? When is deadline?

Emotions are like angry lobsters.

math_gnome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm

Aaawaa . . . . I may do something for this -- but it's kind of unlikely. Awesome picture, though! Maybe it'll show up in my writing at some far off point in the future :D
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:25 pm

math_gnome wrote:Questions: Do we post story here or PM you? When is deadline?

You can post it directly on the thread. You can post a link to wherever you post it. I don't know about PM, but it would be specified in the rules section of the front page. As for the deadline, I think the post with the picture said 4-02-18? So Feb 4 as translation I think. You can check my numbers there if you want

@De, Good luck! I'm right with you, though I have the bones of a plot sketched out already

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 pm

SkyeTheKeeper1 wrote:Oh wow I can't believe I've net seen this before! I love writing and I love this egg exercises my school used to make me do where they gave us an image and you could write about anything as long as it had something to do with the image, and I always loved doing them but could never decide on images when I search them-

I have found the best contes in the world (to me!)

I'll join later, I'd love if you could let me know when new ones come out, I love participating so much ahhh <3
Oh, awesome! That's pretty cool; you've hit the jackpot XP

I'll defs try to remember to let you know! C: (which wouldn't be a bad idea to incorporate in the next thread, actually c;.)

math_gnome wrote:Questions: Do we post story here or PM you? When is deadline?
Thanks, Randy! :D I don't mind PMs either, so whatever suits you most c;

DeMaizu wrote:Aaawaa . . . . I may do something for this -- but it's kind of unlikely. Awesome picture, though! Maybe it'll show up in my writing at some far off point in the future :D
Hehehe, fair enough! C:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm

I think I'll try and enter again, I have a bit of an idea c:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 pm

sparrow; wrote:I think I'll try and enter again, I have a bit of an idea c:
Ooh, I look forward to it!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogtreat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:44 pm

He and his party had been climbing for days now, and still the tower stretched above them.
The steps were littered with the remainders of their previous camps, weight they had dropped, left behind, as the air became thinner, and each step more tedious than the last.

Occasionally they were visited by other creatures daring to be this high. Birds. Lizards. Spiders. The rare harpy, egged on by her friends some thousand feet below. They were strange flesh things after all. Not built for this. Not one bit.

And yet they climbed; the treasure at the top all their hungry bellies could think about. Danger be damned.

He had ordered them some hours ago to begin covering up, strapping down. Night came quick at this altitude and you had best not be left freezing in the dark.

The sun began its descent, dipping low under the clouds and throwing a wash of reds and oranges in every direction. The sea of clouds now like liquid fire; moving, pushing, pulling; swamping what little land they could still see with naked eye.

They were so close. So close. Another few hours.

A screech, somewhere above, or, around them?

His ears could not tell; covered by thick wool as the fierce, biting wind pounded against them and left them raw.

The party, stopped. Paused. Looking to him for guidance. His throat ached as he threw orders out,

“Back against the center column”

His fingers, far too cold to grip his sword, cracked loudly, unpleasantly, as he forced them to do so anyway.

Another harpy? It was not often they nested this high.

A vulture perhaps? They were known to sit this high, gliding to find their next meal amongst the tallest of mountains.

No. Adventures never were quite that lucky.

A great red dragon circled them, beady yellow eyes seeking them out in the dwindling evening light. Another screech, louder this time; and a look into the monsters maw; its teeth the size of far bigger men than he.

“Run”

Their legs were no match of the beast’s wings. Circling. Spitting fire that cracked the ground at their feet and the walls overhead. Still they ran, arms coming up to cover their heads from debris.

Empty stomach and frozen legs did nothing to aide him. He did not know these people, why did he venture with them. They were children, look at them. Terrified, weak. Their packs far emptier than they should be. What were they to a creature hundreds, thousands of years older than them?

Two steps at a time. Three, if he was feeling lucky. Herding the younger ones in front of him. Picking them up as they lost their footing. Down and down they went. Play things for an immortal.

And then, from below them. A cry. Different from the chromatic beast circling them. Its yellow eyes darting to the sound. Hissing and screaming in a foreign tongue as it shot streams of fire hundreds of feet down.

The warrior threw his weight against the younglings. Blocking them into the side of the tower.

“Stay”

He said. Terrified eyes.

“Safe”

He said. A crooked smile.

The sun revealed the new cries presence before anything else. Bouncing from her scales as she ascended. Fast. Far faster than the chromatic Red.

The woosh from her flight past them nearly knocked them from their feet had it not been for him holding them, pinning them to the stone wall.

Up she went. White and beautiful and noble. Metallic. Silver. She carried the red with her, biting at him, slashing at his wings with horrid claws and teeth. Ice breath instead of the fire of his. And at this height how magnificent it was.

The warrior’s eyes prickled with the cold and tears, freezing against his lashes.

This was their treasure, after all.

Down they came, her mouth wrapped around a screaming red throat as he struggled feebly. Their crash against the tower, whilst expected left the party to scramble; running for their four lives. Leaving the warrior to stare in disbelief at the gigantic creatures before him.

The chromatic red was pressed up against the stone wall, hissing and crying, scrambling to gain distance from the smaller and yet far more fierce metallic beneath him.

Their mouths did not move as they talked, but nonetheless, her voice as crisp and clean as an elves sang out.

You are not welcome here.

Leave.

The red screamed a shrill and piercing noise, opening its jaws to spit and rain fire upon the metal creature below him.
He was not fast enough. Not nearly fast enough.

If the warrior had not been watching, he knows he would not have been fast enough either.

A stream of ice-cold almost water and yet not, spat into his mouth before the fire could build. His jaw frozen in seconds and the magic creeping down his throat. His repository frozen in a mere instant; and the rest of his body soon to come.

There was not time enough for him to panic as the great white wrapped teeth and jaw around him, bringing him to the edge. Fifteen thousand feet above the ground.

And down he fell. No sound bar the feeble movement of his wings, trying to beat the cold from him unsuccessfully. His image was lost to the darkening clouds below.

The warrior’s party was long gone. He thought, if he squinted hard enough, he could see them still descending the staircase in a mad hurry. Not sparing a second to glance back his way.

His eyes moved to the great white beast now closer than he remembered her being. Her breath was warm, despite the magic she had shown not minutes ago.

You really must stop bringing the mortals up here with the promise of treasure.

Another crooked smile as reached out to brush against her scales. They were soft, if a metal could be described in such a fashion.

“And miss out on all the fun?” he said, night having quickly fallen and the only light now being thrown out by the great dragons eerie luminescent eyes; his own casting a far dimmer one.

“Never”.

===================================================

i hope this is okay ? lol.
was a bit bored and decided to see what i could do w/ the prompt.

EDIT: fyi the artist to this prompt is Daren Bader and the picture itself is from Dungeons & Dragons, which is where i got the metallic/chromatic stuff from !!!

ceasefire now!
until we are all free, none of us are free
liberation, freedom and return for palestine!
dogtreat
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 pm

azkaboy wrote:EDIT: fyi the artist to this prompt is Daren Bader and the picture itself is from Dungeons & Dragons, which is where i got the metallic/chromatic stuff from !!!
Ah! Thanks so much, I've added him in :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiro,, » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Mark! This is gonna be so much fun ^.^ Haven't done any writing for a while so this'll be good practice!
they/them
-------
aussie/awst
-------
cat parent
-------
<3
Image imagination Image

......Image
Image imagination Image
kiro,,

My pets