{ inklings writing contests } NEW CONTEST

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

will you be entering?

yes!
26%
maybe ??
65%
nope
9%

Total votes : 23

Re: {INKLINGS } A contest thread for writers!-NEW CONTEST

Postby Leo Lorenzo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 am

[my entry- "Any Day Now"]

Where are you?
Any day now, I have to leave. My life is a lie, and I’ve wavered in between two worlds for long enough. But I can’t do it, I’m afraid. You’re not here with me, ever since you went away. I can’t be with you, not anymore. And because of that, I’m afraid.

Where are you?
Any day now, I hope to see you. When I close my eyes, I see you. When I open my eyes in that new place, I hope that I’ll see you, because Heaven won’t be worth it without you and I’d stand together with you hand in hand, and face down Hell together if that’s where we’re destined to go.

Where are you?
Any day now, it’ll happen. The time is past for me to go, but, if you won’t be there to greet me on the other side, how can I? Here or there, it’s all the same to me.

Where are you?
Today, I did it. I suppose now I am tied down yet free, held back by lingering regrets; yet ephemeral and eternal all at once. I am unstable, unwilling, and I don’t know what to do.

Wait, is that you?
I found you! I found you! I can’t believe that it’s you! I am so very happy, but why are you frowning? Aren’t you happy to see me again? We were best friends and more, when we were alive. Could it be that you don’t remember me?

No, that can’t be it!
You’re holding my hand just like you used to, your grip is strong and your hands are warm. There’s a fire within you that nothing could quench, even as your life drained away in that white room. I know you never gave up… is that what you’re trying to tell me?

But - no - I -!!
I don’t want to! I left for a reason! I don’t want to go back - I can’t go back! Please don’t make me leave you! Why? Nobody understood me there, nobody liked me there! Nobody except you, and you’re here now! I can’t go back! What? What do you want me to do? Hold up my hand like this…? Ah! Your hand is on mine, and our fingers are interlaced. Are you telling me that we’ll always be together, even when we’re apart?

...I understand.
It’s God’s will that I can’t stay here yet. And it’s your will that I live out my life, and the life that you couldn’t. So I’ll go. I’ll be brave. It’ll happen any day now.

So any day now.

I’ll wake up. I’ll rejoin the world of the living.

Any day now.

I’ll have to leave you. I don’t want to, but I can’t stay half-dead and half-alive, wavering between two worlds.

Any day now.

I’ll return to my regrets and my fears, and

Any day now,

I’ll face them with the courage that you gave me,

so that in some future day,

We can meet again.
Hey, I'm Leo. I'm tentatively trying out CS again, I quit early last year after a very bad experience.
Leo Lorenzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tuesdaysart » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 am

I'm confuzzled.
Is it too late to enter the new contest?
ImageImageImage
tuesdaysart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:46 am

Cali Spaniel wrote:030
I'm confuzzled.

It ends Sept. 20 :P Not too new anymore, but oh well.
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tuesdaysart » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:54 am

watermelonyum11 wrote:
Cali Spaniel wrote:030
I'm confuzzled.

It ends Sept. 20 :P Not too new anymore, but oh well.

*^*
I don't know which character to use.
Probably Sherbet. He's fun to write.
To avoid double posting, I'll do it here:
{My Entry- Suffering Screams}
The orange tabby cat woke up in the morning next to his mate, but he felt oddly different. Instead of feeling his paws rub the sleepies out of his eyes, he felt nothing. The alarmed feline saw his body on the ground and his gray beauty cry as she found the same thing, trying to squeeze in the hollow shell that used to hold his spirit, but he went straight through it.
"No, NO! This can't be happening, this can't be happening!" Sherbet squeaked, broken a little inside.
He heard the screams of his tortoise shelled daughters down below, their eyes filled with enough water for an eight ocean, their world crumbling down.
"Don't do this to me, PLEASE!!" he shrieked in agony, extremely miserable in this current state. "What have I ever done wrong?"
He cried as his family buried his body (when he specifically asked to be cremated- who wants their body to be eaten by bugs? Yuck!), knowing that there was no chance of his revival. The cat tried to hug his suffering loved ones, but all he could do was float around and watch. His happiness was sucked out of him and he'll probably never be happy until he could reunite with his family once more.
Last edited by tuesdaysart on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
tuesdaysart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } A contest thread for writers!-ENDS IN 1 DAY!

Postby watermelon. » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:02 am

ONE DAY LEFT
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } A contest thread for writers!-TAKING SUGGEST

Postby watermelon. » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Okay everyone, go through and read everyone's entry- find your favorite! I will have a poll up tomorrow to vote ;)

We are taking suggestions for topics- so if you have any, feel free to submit some! Here at the thread, or you can PM me!
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leo Lorenzo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:20 pm

"A boy is given a choice to choose: his safe, false reality of virtual lovers and friends, or the dangerous real world, where his real-life best friend truly does care for him. If he chooses one, he will lose all memory of the other… and there is no third option."

my idea. feel free to change genders.
Hey, I'm Leo. I'm tentatively trying out CS again, I quit early last year after a very bad experience.
Leo Lorenzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:25 am

A post-apocalyptic story where the main character is the one of the only humans left alive. Although this is a very typical type of story, the author should try to put some sort of cool original twist on it.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leo Lorenzo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:07 am

So, um, is this still in consideration? ^^;
Leo Lorenzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:27 am

All suggestions are being taken- poll will be up later than planned! Sorry I didn't answer they were posted when I was sleeping/at school
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me