{ inklings writing contests } NEW CONTEST

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

will you be entering?

yes!
26%
maybe ??
65%
nope
9%

Total votes : 23

--

Postby watermelon. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:47 am

winners of 'the outsiders' contest!

1st place - Greenleaf! congratulations!
    2nd place - Insane Snuggles! congratulations!

i will send out prizes asap, and everyone who entered will receive a small participation prize. thank you for entering!
    ---

new contest should be up very soon.
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: { inklings writing contests }

Postby The Worst Username » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:03 am

Congratulations, both of you!
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:34 am

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! ;A;

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FaerieBoy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:01 am

Wow, I didn't even think I'd make the top ten! Thank you so much!
FaerieBoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:36 am

Woah, congrats people! ^ :clap: :D
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FaerieBoy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:38 am

song|cancer - cover - twenty one pilots
They met on a strange day. It was rainy, but the sun shined past the smokey clouds, shining rays of golden sun into our eyes, nearly blinding us. It was strange meeting someone, or something like him. He was a... Kitsune, I believe it was pronounced. Some type of fox demon, but he was bleeding, and crying. He honestly didn't seem like much of a demon with an arrow out of his shoulder, and those glistening fiery eyes, as if the fire deep inside him was dwindling. I had him hide his demon traits, and took him to a village doctor, who quickly bandaged him up. Then I had brought him home, telling him that I'd take care of him. It took him about a month to fully recover, but during that entire time, he was so anxious and fidgetty, the way he looked at me with those begging little fox eyes, I nearly gave in each and every time.

I went with him the first time we went out, to make sure he could move properly. We walked into the woods, and then he disappeared. With that he had left me. I let out a small breath. Had I seriously expected him to stay? He probably had a family that he needed...

Only after those thoughts appeared in my mind, he jumped from a tree, and tackled me to the ground, nuzzling me chest. That moment was when he spoke for the first time since he'd appeared. "I won't leave you... You'll... You'll be my family, right?" Before I knew it, I had tears streaming down my cheeks. He gave me a look of horror, as if I was suddenly rotting. "Yes..." I muttered, weakly, hugging him back.

It was so difficult to convince him that we had to stay at the village, but eventually I did, and we bought a house together.

In months we had become engaged, and life was perfect. He had kept his traits hidden every day, whenever there was a window open, or if someone came to visit. Every day we'd go to the woods and spend a fabulous two to three hours playing in the trees and leaves, even having lunch there sometimes.

And then it happened.

One morning, I woke up, and I... I couldn't even move. I screamed hoarsely for him, I was terrified. No part of my body would move, except my eyes and my mouth. Tears streamed down my face once more, as I found he wouldn't come. He... He was gone. I fell back to sleep eventually. When I woke up again, I was weak, but I could move. With a simple bloody nose, I picked myself up, and made my way, stumbling to the house phone. I called the doctor, who came to the house maybe thirty minutes later. He and an assistant carried me to the hospital, and soon I was diagnosed.

They were angry at me, saying that I had been around a demon. I was confused, and coughing, blood spattering my trembling hands. I hadn't known... When humans interacted with demons to much in their life, they would develop a disease called Ticisdepe. It was incurable, and quite fatal.

They took me home, but I could tell that they didn't think of me the same. Our house, which had once been perfectly placed on the outskirts of the village, was now isolated from the others, and I was scared. They wouldn't hurt him, would they? They couldn't know, right?

He returned home that night, with a new catch. He'd been out all day trying to find my favourite foods, to make me something nice, but when he returned home to me passed out on the floor, it didn't matter anymore. In seconds he was by my side, holding me up in his lap, crying. The tears dripped onto my face, and down my cheeks. I could only look up at him with tired eyes, and stroke his cheek with a weak hand. He carried me to the bed, and told me to go to sleep, before trying to make something to eat.

I closed my eyes and slept. I woke up the next morning, with him curled up beside me, his eyes wet with tears. I simply petted his head, before getting up from bed. I went to the bathroom, to brush my hair at least, but... Hair fell by the clumps, forcing a sigh out of me. Of course. I then went to the window in the living room, looking out. They'd put a fence around our house. Of course, he could get out with ease, but getting in wouldn't be as easy. I didn't see the point of it, I was going to die anyways. I made my way back to the bedroom. He had woken up, and was watching me worriedly. He asked me what was wrong, and I explained it all to him. Of course he blamed himself, but he deserved to know.

The next day I couldn't move again. Based on what the doctor had told me, today was going to be the day. I was scared, but there wasn't much I could do about it. I would do it all again, if I could. He came into my room, immediately freaking out over my paralysis. He knew today was the day.

My eyes were heavy, as he sat me up, and curled up beside me. He tried reading to me, but he couldn't hardly read, which was always funny to watch. My chest hurt as he put down the book with a sigh. He didn't seem to know what to do, but upon seeing the pained look on my face, he nearly shrieked, and started crying.

"I'm not scared..."

"I am! You'll... But... Everyone... They all... Leave..." He whimpered through sobs, curling up in my lap. He then reached up to kiss my lips, but I turned away.

"I don't want your last memory of kissing me to be of me with such chapped lips. It's ungentlemanly of me." I hummed, weakly. He only sobbed again, and embraced me, holding me tight as if that would keep me alive. I snuggled up to him, before letting my eyes close. The world faded away, the sobbing of my beloved, the warmth of his embrace...

Everything turned to black, as I breathed out one last breath, relaxing completely.

It was all gone.

~~~

This one turned out a bit longer, but it was much better, and much easier to write in my opinion. Good luck to everyone!
FaerieBoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: { inklings writing contests } 20 ONE SHOT CHALLENGE

Postby The Worst Username » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:48 am

I don't know if I'll ever get time to do this, but I'm going to make a 20-one shots thread soon. Good luck to all the other entrants!
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby calliopë » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:02 am

*breathes real deep* why do i do this to myself.
      wip
calliopë

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 am

All right, let's see if I can do this without keeling over.
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:06 am

I added it to my challenge thread. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2709844

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me