{ inklings writing contests } NEW CONTEST

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

will you be entering?

yes!
26%
maybe ??
65%
nope
9%

Total votes : 23

Re: {INKLINGS } Contests for Writers! *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 am

Hey. The main post says the Cliffhanger ended on june 19. When will the next competition begin?

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watermelon. » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:41 am

FiveSecondsToFly wrote:Hey. The main post says the Cliffhanger ended on june 19. When will the next competition begin?

I am really sorry, I was gone like that whole week of that and then I did stuff all the rest of the time. Hopefully Sunday, because I'll be gone tomorrow for 4th of July.
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:42 pm

Marking, very interested in this.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:50 pm

*marks*

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
Hi, I'm Amber ♡ I have a long list of stuff I am addicted to... but I will make
it short and sweet, cuz I don't think you wanna be here all day cx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

Do you like to write? Come on over to Writer's Haven Forum!
I would love to get to know you and read your writing c:

↓ Adventurous Fiction Novel ↓
The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Tue May 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi, is there another contest soon?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOT ALL
. . . . . . .

I'm currently working on
a long comic project. I have this
bad habit of hoarding contests and art
trades until I'm overwhelmed... Still, the deadlines
keeps me on my toes.
WHO WANDER

. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .

LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed May 11, 2016 5:04 am

Watermelon hasn't been very active on Inklings for quite a long time, so I doubt that there will be anything new soon. But if you're looking for a contest, Ranger of The North is running a continuing picture prompt contest if you want to check that out viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2956042

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Wed May 11, 2016 5:27 am

alright, i'll go look. thanks!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOT ALL
. . . . . . .

I'm currently working on
a long comic project. I have this
bad habit of hoarding contests and art
trades until I'm overwhelmed... Still, the deadlines
keeps me on my toes.
WHO WANDER

. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .

LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--

Postby watermelon. » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:57 am

hi everyone! i apologize for my huge absence on this thread, and i hope to get it up and running!
    as you can see, we've gone through a remodel - and there's one new contest up! the prizes will get better as time goes on, and i do want to get an estimate on how many entries we get to determine how many pets i should be giving out, etc.
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } Contests for Writers!

Postby Musicality » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:31 pm

I sat there outside the school, as I did everyday while waiting for my friends to catch up. It was our first year here in college and we all wanted to make the most of it. I had finally decided on a career path, lawyer, despite my longing to write.

Out of nowhere I heard a crash from inside the building, followed by screams of pure terror. I stood there, frozen. What if my friends are still in there? I was scared, and not afraid to admit it.

I slowly creeped up the stairs to see if I could tell what was happening. From the outside I could hardly see anything but I could see enough to tell it was not something I wanted to be a part of. I stepped back, fright taking over my concern, and fled. From the distance I could hear the screams getting louder and louder as more and more people died.

While, I was over here alive, only caring for me. Locking myself outside, and the others inside to their doom.
Last edited by Musicality on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } Contests for Writers!

Postby The Worst Username » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:02 am

Okay, here's a thing. I hope this counts and I hope that it doesn't get taken down. I tried writing a bunch of action scenes, but they just didn't work; my action scenes are terrible without the thoughts of people involved, so I just wrote this.

When my brother was still alive, he used to sit in the bathroom for hours at a time. He was always completely silent when he was in there, at least when I checked. If you asked to use the bathroom, he would slip a note under the door saying “GO AWAY” or something far more explicit in big red capitals. I never smelled alcohol on his breath or cigarette smoke in the bathroom after he came out; I never found anything that I’d rather not find.

When I went into the bathroom after he sat in there, I just found an old, mildew-soaked shower; chipping coffee-colored paint; a toilet that hardly worked; a sink that had seen better days; a foggy mirror; a window that let in drafts during the winter. I found all of that, and, of course, my brother’s presence. It always loomed over me in that bathroom. I always felt like he was in there, even when he wasn’t.

He never talked about it. My brother just sat, cloaked in the cold air of the bathroom and stewing in his own isolation. I don’t remember what it was that caused it. Our parents wouldn’t get divorced for another year, and his girlfriend had already broken up with him a while ago. Maybe there was no reason. Maybe he was just sad.

I still don’t know what he did when he sat, silent, in that bathroom. Still, now that he’s no longer…here, with us, I can’t stop one little, persistent image from coming into my mind every time I go near that bathroom.

The image—more of a video, really—is of my brother, huddled in the bathroom. The bathroom of my mind is a gargantuan room with high ceilings, no windows, and for whatever reason, it’s blue. In that bathroom, he sits on frigid white tiles. His knees are clutched to his chest. His chocolate-brown face slowly, almost imperceptibly, goes from a melancholy frown to a look of pure tragedy. Tears start coming out of his eyes; he doesn’t try to stop them. My brother just lets the tears pour down his face so that they hang off of his nose, form rivers on his cheeks, and pool around his lips.

In my mind, he sits there helpless, drowning in tears. Everything is silent.
Well, that was depressing! To write, at least.

Anyways, I should probably give credit to Ellen Hopkins. I was inspired by this book I read a couple days back called Rumble, and she wrote it, so thank you, ma'am, for inspiring this slightly depressing mess!

Okay, I've got nothing else to say. Good luck to everyone else. Also, congratulations to the winner, and have a nice day!
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me