legendary kalon myo contest! || judged!!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: legendary kalon myo contest! || ends tomorrow!!

Postby ThatPinkThing » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:17 am

Finally finished! I threw on the bands mentioned for inspiration and just let them play, so they did help, but there's no particular song to note! I have the layered file so additional things like goop, claws, whiskers, etc. can all be added and changes can be made. Rather large images so click for better quality ^^"

traits
[nr] sclera color, weight (skinny), whisker edits (none)
[s] hair, shine
[c] custom tails, longer fur (literally just on the hindquarters)
[uc] short fur, custom ears, custom pupil, custom tongue
[r] horns on head, height edit (reverse munchkin), halo, colorful blood, shaped paw pads (triangles)
[l] body shine (blue cracks/lightning on face), transparency, multiple tails (5)
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:37 pm

-
Last edited by Schnuffel Bunny on Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilya » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:39 am

hello! so um.. here's my entry!^^' sorry i'm a lil awkward, i wish i found this comp sooner because i still have like 100 ideas in my mind XD
they remind me of melted ice cream uwu
i tried my best to make that color change look better but that's the best i can do for now, i can't find any good sites that slow it to perfection xc
the entry was made in oekaki, it just has a lot of layers i haven't named yet, but i'll do so later after i get some sleep
their legs are a bit asymmetrical and the tails, but the rest of their body is normal
here's the static version
other versions;
without wings
without shine and element powers
inspiration;;
i personally love sett it off, i used to listen to them when
i was in middle school, but haven;t really came back to listen
almost since then. but i love swan song c:
for this baby i took inspiration from this song
this palette also
(sorry i stalked ur posts a bit,
i wasn't sure what to use xc)
and for the halo it's somehow
their logo c:
    traits¬¬
    non-rarity
    skinny
    standard -
    shine, hair, claws
    common -
    tail, fur
    uncommon
    tongue, ears
    rare
    - reverse munchkin, two tails,
    two ears, halo
    legendary -
    wings, water element, color change

also thank u for the chance to enter!
i never got the opportunity to design
a legendary kal before, wings look
really good on them <3
mostly on fr
customs
th / ilya 0138

pfp by kai <3

ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: legendary kalon myo contest! || ends today!!

Postby Cloasiii » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:51 pm

First of all I just wanna say listening to Rise Against was a huge nostalgia boost for me, I used to listen to them a ton years ago and draw dragon-based OCs.. so in that way, this babe was kinda a passion project more than it was just an entry. I listened to Prayer of the Refugee, Satellite, and Paper Wings the most.

thanks so much for the opportunity <3

traits:
    [nr] whiskers, skinny
    [s] custom hair, custom shine, teeth, claws
    [c] custom tail, backmane
    [uc] custom ears, shorter fur, custom tongue, custom pupils
    [r] glow, reverse munchkinism
    [l] dragon wings, multiple halos

(Hair, wings, and halos are removable, and there's a hidden set of horns that I'm torn on because of the halo -- I can send the psd file over)
Last edited by Cloasiii on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

▓↪Clo, she/her

▓↪ taking a quick break to finish finals, I'll be back by the 17th at the very latest <3

▓↪my kals
Cloasiii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:51 pm

-
Last edited by Schnuffel Bunny on Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wishbone! » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:57 pm

I thought once I was an adult maybe I'd break out of my terrifying last-minute habits but here we are anyway!
3 entries just a click away :^)
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: legendary kalon myo contest! || closed for judging!!

Postby Chaosin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Few minutes late - but this is now closed!

Thank you everyone who entered or even just marked!
I'm looking forward to judging all the amazing entries I've gotten glimpses of over this time!
Hopefully I'll have the results soon! <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: legendary kalon myo contest! || closed for judging!!

Postby Chaosin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:59 pm

I apologize for the silence - I just want to update saying I'm still judging this and that life has been hectic!
I hope to have results soon - there's just so many pretty entries to go through and having to choose isn't easy!

I thank everyone in advance for their patience and my next post here will be the results! (Hopefully sooner rather than later!)

I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: legendary kalon myo contest! || judged!!

Postby Chaosin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:58 am

I apologize that judging this competition took so long, with a mix of things in real life and online taking up a good chunk of time I didn’t have a chance to fully sit down and review the entries the way I initially wanted to. Regardless, I think I finally reached my decision on the winners and I am excited to announce them. Of course, before I get to the winners, I do want to add: even if you aren’t in the winning placements, not being chosen doesn’t mean you lack anything as an artist or designer: I loved all of the entries I received because they were all unique and beautiful and I can tell a lot of time and effort went into all of them. So, I wanted to say what I liked about those first, before moving onto the winners! Please note, I only judged those that were finished - so any WIPs will not be included in this, but I did love any WIPs I did see and I hope to see them made into some amazing things! Also, if you entered with multiples, I definitely will be mentioning which one(s) were my favorites as well. I apologize, this post will be a tad long!

Zoosea - Your entry was one of the first ones I saw, and it was the one that I was captivated with for a long time, so it was tough to lower this one! The whole design has a terrarium/garden vibe that I still love, and the colors work wonderfully together! Your edits were gorgeous and those tails.. oh how I love them! ;3;

Deerbroken -Your entry is simple, but I love how you used the glow on the fog instead of the actual kalon, it almost gives a spooky/haunting effect and I love the muted, grayscale palette you chose to use! Overall, I love the ghostly appearance and I adore the edits you picked to compliment them!

Arsenic. - Your entry was the only one I received through Discord, so don’t worry I didn’t forget it! You honed in on the demonic-type of design and I was all for it! The edits and palette you chose reminded me of an old friend’s OC and there’s nothing wrong with that, if anything I loved the nostalgic vibe it gave me! I loved the wings and fire element that really sealed the devil vibe!

:Ginger: - I’m posting this after multiple halos changed from a legendary trait, but I still judged it as a legendary! That’s my fault for having my timing being off. I loved the colors you used and the eyes stood out, really giving it a pop of color! For it to be your first entry for the artist search blew my mind, because it’s lovely! I hope you keep going forward with entries, because you did wonderful!

Schnuffel Bunny
- The fact you had so many entries to this contest was incredible - especially because each one was so unique and beautiful! I had several favorites, but all of them were breathtaking in their own way! Particularly, if I had to choose one I adored the very first entry you did. I loved the colors of that one as well as the way you did the glow edits. Everything flowed nicely and nothing seemed out of place! Not to mention you added accessories that really added to the design and I adored those as well!

Littlelies - Your entry gave me magical/magician vibes and I adored that! I love the colors you used and the sun-esque shine and stars really compliments the palette! I love all the edits you did as none are really distracting, but they add to the design. Also that hair is beautiful, I love it so much! You kept the design simple and almost centered around the shine, which really makes it feel like it belongs in the design and wasn’t placed there as an afterthought! Also that hair is gorgeous, mkay? ;3;

Plantfood - I adored all of your entries, but if I had to pick one to mark as my favorite - it’d be “city predator”. This one was absolutely stunning in the palette you used and the edits. I love that hair and how the tail splits into three. I love the pop of color the yellow adds, it’s almost striking in the best way! Also that shine really captures the title you gave this design! Just overall gorgeous! <3

Kiesen - If there’s one thing I love, it’s cats and cat-inspired designs, which you executed perfectly! Your edits were clean and really fit with the design. The design is simple and keeping the color palette limited really works! I adore the little fire spirits and how they’re the same color as the accent color you used! c:

Tanjiro - Your entries were wonderfully creative! I loved your second one, honestly! The way you do eyes is beautiful! I loved the pop of color the purple magic brought in and it was a really creative way to add a legendary trait! Also those wings are so cool! I adored the semi-transparent nature they have and how they’re inspired by bat wings!

-Everette- - I enjoyed both of your entries to this contest! Your first was almost holographic in the colors you chose, but that second entry was the one I enjoyed just a little bit more! The fact you interpreted “time” to be prehistoric was incredibly creative! I love the amber you used and how the markings really capture prehistoric artwork! Also the shine almost appears to look like an opal in a way? And I’m all for that!

Sapphireish - Your design is simple, but those colors are my cup of tea hands down! I love how clean your edits are and the pop of color on the face using that teal under the eye is just mm<3. The fact you matched the hair and tail gives it a uniform look! Also those accessories you chose caught the essence of time!

Necropoliis - I love this entry so much, I’m not going to lie! It’s simple, but the fact you used body shine to pull the lightning through the design and made it the same blue as the lightning is stunning! The edits you used and your execution of them is also gorgeous! Also, the alternate form was a pleasant surprise and I love that it makes everything an orange hue! By far one of my favorites and it was in the running until the very end!

Sweet Dreams Always - You kept the palette limited in terms of color, but you really put so much into this design! I love how the lighter colors really stand out against the dominantly dark colors! I’m a sucker for dark coloring in designs in general, too. Not to mention the unique ears you gave this cutie! I’m in awe of how unique and elaborate they are!

ThatPinkThing - Your entry is wonderful! I love the blue lightning shine on the face, giving a cracking sort of look to the design. I’m a sucker for multiple tails and the design on them is elaborate, yet creative! I love that you kept the blues to accents and really honed in on the grayscale with the cat-esque tabby markings tying it all together!

With all that being said, I would love to move over to the ones who placed and will be receiving prizes!

In third place . . .
Cloasiii - I’d be a liar if I didn’t say I was a sucker for nostalgia because I’m in the same boat of dragons and Rise Against. I adore the edits you gave this kalon and the wings are stunning! You kept the markings simple, but it still adds so much to the design with your execution of them. It almost gives a smoky, watercolor appearance and I’m all for it! The red adds a beautiful pop of color. Like before, I’m judging the multiple halos as a legendary trait for the sake of this, and they really add to the design! Well done!

In second place . . .
Sugar.fiz - I loved how you took the space element and incorporated it in this design! From the wings to the glow under the hair to the halo, it really is executed wonderfully. I love how you incorporated the gene splicing element into the back feet and brought it all together with the tails! I’m a sucker for black-and-white hair so that was a nice tough as well, not to mention your edits are beautifully done through the whole design! Seriously, this design is stunning and definitely eye candy!

In first place . . .
LostInTheEcho - I am a sucker for color change, if you couldn’t tell by the placements I have going on here. The fact you took inspiration from the gifs I linked and used them in this way is amazing! Not to mention using a song from Rise Against that I’m not crazy familiar with, bonus points there! You kept the edits simple and it really compliments the overall design. I had a concept from the moment I saw this one and I look forward to making them a reality!

And finally, the grand prize winner . . .
Ilya - I am floored by this design - actually I don’t think floored covers enough of how I feel. Everything about this design is stunning! To be honest, it’s out of my comfort zone in the fact it’s a vibrant watercolor-esque pattern, and I love that. I love it so much! I love the edits you chose and the fact it’s based off Set It Off and captures so much about them, but stands alone as its own design, not feeling like it’s forced to be tied to them. You also really captured the vibe Killer In The Mirror has as well! The fact you also used the color change on the water is definitely different and fun, and I can see myself using that like crazy! Hands down, this is a beautiful entry and I love it so much!

If the winners could please PM me with an indication of how they want to go about their prizes, we can discuss from there! Thank you so much to all the entries again! I adored every single one and it was so tough to pick the winners!

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: legendary kalon myo contest! || judged!!

Postby zoosea » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:44 am

Congrats y’all!
June aka Zoosea

✧About✧
Shy⭒Timid⭒Awkward
I'm very friendly! ^^
I love animals and drawing.

✧Commissions✧ Closed
My C$ Art ShopClosed
✧Requests✧

My KalonsTH
zoosea