CHALLENGE ONLY YOURSELF [325 Store Pets] RESULTS

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

What do you think about this art contest?

I am thinking about entering.
33%
I don't know if I will find time to enter.
16%
I will not enter the contest.
2%
I like the prizes offered.
25%
I don't find the prizes interesting.
No votes
I think this is a unique contest.
22%
I don't understand how this contest is any different from others.
1%

Total votes : 139

Re: CHALLENGE ONLY YOURSELF [325 Store Pets] ENDS 30th APRIL

Postby Metax » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:32 am

I would like to enter this contest!
────────────────»
Link to gallery: Just my oekaki gallery! I don't really draw anymore unfortunately, and CS is the only reason I still do at the moment.
Selected artworks: One Two
Entry: Clicky!
Prize preference: 03; 10; -02; -01; 00; 01; 23; 35; 36; 40.
────────────────»

The premise of this contest, really has created an opportunity for me to express some part of my artistic-self that previously I hadn't the - pure honesty here - intention or energy to. Fullbody poses and backgrounds are beyond what I feel/felt capable of, but this has genuinely motivated me. CS incentivizes me to draw, and this contest made me push myself just a little farther away from left-facing headshots and plain backgrounds. So thank you! I'm glad I found the time to join your competition.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
┌──────────┐

𝓫𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝓪𝓻𝓭
[ 52,000! ]

└──────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓪𝔁 𝓼𝓱𝓮/𝓱𝓮𝓻
─────────────

Hiya! I'm trying to complete my
pet collection. c:

On hiatus!

║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
░░░░░░
𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐬xx
[ no stores/URs ]

✧ | dogs - 22

everything else is
finished!

Metax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:40 am

Updates!
────────────────»
- Metaxmorphose was registered for the contest.

Good luck!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:35 am

bump!

tomorrow is the last day so make sure to get your entries in before midnight CET!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IRONEYES » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:30 am

────────────────»
Link to gallery: Imgur gallery here
Selected artworks: One, two, and three
Entry: Talaith
Prize preference: -02; -01; 00; 01; 03; 23; 04; 06; 02; 05; 07; and then onward in numerical order from there (oldest to newest). Would be thrilled with anything though :)
────────────────»

I used your 'Light Up My World' prompt as the basis for my entry, depicting Talaith as a spriggan (though a bit more inspired by spriggans from Skyrim than from traditional mythology). They're often considered guardians of nature and other fae, and can represent a darker or more malevolent side to nature, so I thought it was fitting given your description of Talaith's duty and her darker side. I tried to carry as many features over from the original equine design as possible, including the lovely mane and jewellery, and also reimagined the black markings and turquoise scales to fit the humanoid form. Thanks for sharing so much detail on your characters, and making so many prompts and scenarios to help inspire us, it was very helpful!

As far as challenging myself, I'm still quite new to digital art, after first getting into it very casually around a year ago (and taking an extended break for around 6 months in the middle). Works I've made digitally so far have all relied heavily on lineart and my approach has been very influenced by my experience with traditional art. I've wanted to work on digital painting for some time but I struggled to make previous attempts feel polished and never completed most of them (example three above being a rare exception, which I still wasn't very happy with). This time around I did my best to stick with it and resist the temptation to restart in my usual style, and I really think it was worth the effort. I played around a lot with a ton of brushes and tools I've never tried and picked up a lot of new skills using my art program, which has made me a lot more confident making the most of the software. I also feel like the skills I picked up will also carry over to my usual style as well, though I'm hoping to still work on developing my digital painting skills a lot more in the future. I really appreciate you framing this contest as a chance for each entrant to grow; I think it's helped me a lot, so thank you!
IRONEYES

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dino nuggie » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:44 am

────────────────»
Link to gallery: Forum/oekaki/gallery.php?user=1001151
Selected artworks: Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4836831 Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4845864
Entry: Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4828269&f=125
Prize preference: -02, 12, -01, 00, 02, 24, 08, 10, 11, 26, 31, 15, 16, 19, 23, 36
────────────────»

AHHHHH I ALMOST FORGOT TO ENTER
im just on here to exist

Friends:

Sibilance

Aoishin♥

Birdie <3
dino nuggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:27 am

Updates!
────────────────»
- IRONEYES was registered for the contest.
- dino nuggie was registered for the contest.

Good luck!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Mon May 01, 2023 7:03 am

Three hours left to get your entries in!
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WonderlandWitch » Mon May 01, 2023 7:34 am

I had some hardware problems with my pc and am participating in two contests, would there be a chance of an extention? a single more day would do! of course i understand if not!
. . . Gift and i'll gift back <3 . . .
ImageImage
ImageImage
WonderlandWitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woodchip » Mon May 01, 2023 9:14 am

────────────────»
Link to gallery: x (I've genuinely have barely drawn since 2023 started ahh)
Selected artworks: 1, 2, 3
Entry:
In this piece, I tried to go out of my comfort zone by drawing a scene of something other than clouds (lol). I absolutely loved this prompt: ("Evening sun" - Walking and dancing on a meadow with flowers when the sun is setting seems to be JAMAICAS newest favourite thing to do.) I just thought drawing such a carefree and happy scene would be good for me :). This is my first time drawing a horse (I think) but I just thought it would be so fitting for this scene.

All the things I tried to challenge myself with are- Dynamic lighting, dynamic pose, different kind of bg, horse, having the character fit better into the scene, and capturing the overall carefree, dreamy, happy mood. What I think I could work on is giving more detail to the background, more complex shading on the main character, and likely a lot more once I look back on this piece in the future! I'm really happy with how this is now though :)

I had so much fun drawing this, and more than anything, I hope you like it! And if you have any feedback or any changed you'd like for me to make, please let me know!!
Prize preference:
-02 to 02
No preference for the rest :D
Thank you so much for hosting this contest!
────────────────»
Woodchip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gudnoodle » Mon May 01, 2023 9:48 am

────────────────»
Link to gallery: deviantart
Selected artworks: 1 2 3
Entry: Calamity
Prize preference: anything is good enough for me but I like 00 the best!
────────────────»

Here is an explanation for my entry. Currently I’m trying to become a tattoo artist and I’d like to use my entry in my portfolio. I recently got to talk to an artist I really admire and got some critiques. Essentially he said he’d like to see more consistency in my style, which I completely agree with. I tend to get overwhelmed by other artworks and I feel like it has been messing with my style for the past two years. Therefore, for the artworks I chose, I selected the works I enjoyed creating the most and what felt like me. Essentially I want to show the evolution of my style.

As for my entry itself, I chose the draw Calamity. I decided to represent him in the temperance tarot card and as a canine breed I made up ( I’m mostly inspired by greyhounds). I felt like the temperance tarot represents Calamity because the card means peace, patience, and inner calm. As for why I chose to represent him as a canine, that was mostly to showcase my style as I like to focus on animals in my portfolio work.
Noodle♦ Image ♦ infj

checkout my art and pm me if you'd like a commission!

gudnoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me