❀ Maddox's Last Art Contest ❀ [Raffle Soon!] πŸ’•

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: ❀ Maddox's Last Art Contest ❀ [20 OMGSR+ /Ends New Years

Postby Moorray » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:05 am

Marking!
By Cayvil on toyhouse

γ€Ž Ulysses|Moray 』
He/him, Marine Bio Major

Hiya, Im Ulysses!
I'm not too active on here
but i'll pop in occasionally ^^

Feel free to shoot me a message
or to send over a trade, just know
it may take a little to get back to
you.
Moorray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokiToons » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:04 pm

Whew, I made it. Was getting nervous this week with all the holidays and crunched time! I’m quite proud, it’s the most rendering I’ve ever sat down and done for an art piece but I had a lot of fun and any piece that improves my skills is a welcome challenge!

I have a couple versions: the original, a less textured piece (in favor of the character details) and isolated character without the background.

Little fish hunter Jelly Bean!

Less bubble texture, clearer characters

Isolated character
LokiToons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:16 am

https://www.deviantart.com/anicb/art/Je ... 1006225864

Forgot the tail accessory, but I really wanted to draw this guy
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LuBow1908 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:59 am

just finished my entry!

┍━━━━ β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ━━━━┑
> lucien / lu / bow
>they/them
>art shop

┕━━━━ β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ━━━━┙
LuBow1908

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mommy Amon » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:18 pm

Finished my entry just now! Havn't worked on something so detailed in a while, it took me a damn while but pretty proud of it, I'm happy with the lighting a lot and it was genuinely just a fun character to draw, i love her concept and glowy bits.

Click for full resolution

Credit goes to my instagram @dallytried
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ

╔═════════════════════════╗
Dms and trades open
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ

ImageImageImage
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Commissions and art trades open, pm or dm on discord - daluniak
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Mommy Amon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:18 pm

my entry, please credit stanza @ toyhouse !
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moorray » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:20 am

Finished hopefully just in time!
Transparent ver.

Please credit Ulysses on toyhouse!
By Cayvil on toyhouse

γ€Ž Ulysses|Moray 』
He/him, Marine Bio Major

Hiya, Im Ulysses!
I'm not too active on here
but i'll pop in occasionally ^^

Feel free to shoot me a message
or to send over a trade, just know
it may take a little to get back to
you.
Moorray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ Maddox's Last Art Contest ❀ [END]

Postby Maddox Malice » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:01 pm

And with that, the contest comes to an end. Any entry after this, please pm me instead and we will work it out. Currently I am not at home so it's hard to write a lot, but I will be back after sleep and a bit - then I'll give a more elaborate post than this little thingy here~

Before anyhing I wanted to say that I'm most grateful for all y'all. Thank you for participating, thank you for your patience and last but definetly not least!!!!! -> thank you for your gorgeous artworks that y'all created. It was a blast and I'm so excited to take my time to decide who's getting what price, for the recomendation prices and the raffle!

Sorry for any mistakes, I am not used to this device.
May you be smiled upon <3

Edit: HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3<3<3<3

Edit - 01.01.2024 22:00

I managed to update the entry list and give out the entry pets - as well as the pets for the solved riddle! Three persons solved it and I didn't want to turn two down, I think I never stated that it's first come first serve, I believe.... Correct me if I'm wrong, thou. Anyways, I'll retreat myself for a few days to up to two weeks to decide about the winners. After that, I will give out the prices and recommendation prices. Once that happened, another fun thing is going to happen - the wheel of fortune <3!! Doki doki, I'm excited!

Thank you for your patience with me. I know I'm a mess sometimes and I wouldn't wonder if anyone is annoyed by that. So a heartfelt and sincere thank you for putting up with my scatterbrain <3! Y'all are amazing. It was a pleasure to read a few names I know, as well as to see that new people came to say hi.

May y'all be smiled upon!
x
❀ Stuff ❀

❀ Buying Chars
❀ Trading Chars
❀ Toyhouse

❀ Some nice music~

❀ Other Stuff ❀

Discord: maddoxmalice
Languages: ENG / GER

Actively Playing: DnD, LoL,
BG3, FFXIV, Phasmophobia
and Lethal Company! ❀
Currently Watching: Solo
Leveling, Helluva Boss and
Hazbin Hotel ❀

I'm currently sleeping a lot due to unknown medical reasons. Messages might be slow. I'm working on it!
(´q‒ α΅• ‒q`) β™‘
Maddox Malice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ Maddox's Last Art Contest ❀ Winner Announcement πŸ’•

Postby Maddox Malice » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:04 am

(っ◔◑◔)っ πŸ’• π•Žπ•šπ•Ÿπ•Ÿπ•–π•£ π”Έπ•Ÿπ•Ÿπ• π•¦π•Ÿπ•”π•–π•žπ•–π•Ÿπ•₯ πŸ’•

The wait is finally over!

I finally decided and took my sweet time with it. It's very important to me, after all. Before we go right to the winners, I wanted to thank everyone who took part in this final contest of mine. This time was struck with a lot of hardships on my side, and that basically made it harder for you guys. I cannot thank you enough for being so patient with me. πŸ’•

I took my time judging, and I'm satisfied with the results. Please note that it is my personal preference! It's almost clichΓ© to write that I had a hard time choosing between all the entries, but as with many of those clichΓ©s, there is some truth in them. I am in no place to assume how much work you put into your art and how 'easy' it was to do, so if you didn't tell me, but as experimental was in my eyes a huge booster as well as going out of your comfort zone, I have been reading whenever someone wrote me that it's new to them, or they never tried it. I haven't heard from all of you how much time and struggle you had or how far it was from your comfort zone, so I reduced the influence it had, but it's still there. Things like 'does it fit the character' or anything like that is less of a criterion, as creativity was a very huge factor in this contest, but that also was a factor in my mind due to the inspiration list. The boosters as well as personal preference were also two factors I looked out for. With these, I was able to, with a heavy heart, decide on the ten winning placements.

That said, every entry has, for me, the exact same value; they all mean so much to me, as do the characters they depict. RPG and DnD are both my passions in their own way. The characters and their stories are precious treasures I will hold dear forever. To compare art is to compare people; I don't particularly like it. Just as every person is unique and not rankable by everything they are but by a few points we decide, the same is true for art in my eyes. I only take in a few points, and I am heavily biased by my own preferences.
      I would like the winners to post here what pet they choose. That said, I'll share with you now the winner of this contest~

1st Place

This one took me by storm. There are a lot that just blew my mind, but the image itself and the details are, in my eyes, out of this world. LokiToons, the first place is all yours! Your dedication and your will to go above and beyond paid off big time, I'd guess. And the artwork in question? Jelly Bean in a deep blue ocean, hunting a fish. What is there not to like about this? You did splendidly.

2nd Place

Detailed pieces that just work are always a pleasure to look at. And this piece, in my opinion, just works. It was not on the inspiration list, but it might as well have been there, invisible and trying hard not to be seen, but alas, it was seen by plunch. It just works. And it worked its way right into my heart. Mochi in the Restaurant, alone but at ease and enjoying it. The red wine just takes the cake; it's wonderful!

3rd Place

The next one was also a point on the inspiration list, and I cannot say how much I cherish this one. It took two boosters at once, being a character from the DnD group. squeegi with her image of Onigiri in the bar where she works, in the dress that she adores as much as I adore this artwork. Simply gorgeous!

4th Place

For this one, I can say that yes... I was really happy with the first entry, and then I got my mind blown away. It's an unusual take on the character, but exactly that I find so spicyβ€”that's what drew me into the second entry. The first one I enjoyed because it showed a side to a character that I wish I could express, but you took me to it, and I'm not even mad - quite the contrary. Of course, I speak of none other than .wren. with his two entries of Siccaz Goodwill and Raven.

5th Place

This entry almost made me do a little change to a character; that's how much I liked it. The theme, expression, everything spot on. A detail that wasn't spot on was the color, but in that execution, I was absolutely fine with it. More than that. Formerly known under a different alias, I speak about none other than ROX.mp4 with his entry for Sei

6th Place

Back to back great entries by one contestant, it's a pleasant suprise and definetly something I saw with our dear Ocelot ^3^ with these images of Reishi and Jelly Bean as well as the one with Siccaz;. The first entry is wonderful, and, right after that, one that defines a key aspect of a character that hasn't had much character before. While the first one is more dynamic and conveys a lot of emotion, a beautiful scenery and genuine amazing colors, showing an interaction of two characters that never met and might never meet, I adore it very much. It tells a story. I'm here to listen to it all day long. Seeing the headshot of Siccaz, she gives a creepy and cheeky vibe - and hell yea, I'm here for it. I might say this a lot, but these colors are... gorgeous!

7th Place

I just said it, and I have to say it again. The. Colors! Apparently, I'm very influenced by those. They don't have to be flashy; they don't have to be realistic. They just have to work. And there is an artist who took this, made it work for themselves, and not just that - made it something believable. It's unique, creative and true to the character at the same time. Wookieinmashoo, with their entry of Jelly Bean fishing in a traditional way, has created such a peaceful aura that it's almost eery again. Goosebumps!

8th Place

Oozing with personality and aura, our next contestant seemed to understand what had to be done to make this work. With little color but strong contrast in them, this wonderful art piece, in my opinion, has it all - details, personality, balance. Mommy Amon's interpretation of Siccaz gives nothing more than it is - but that more than it is. That doesn't make sense now, does it? Maybe, but that's okay. It's my way of saying that it took something good and made it great.

9th Place

I can really say that I enjoy art in many ways. Be it written, be it drawn or be it crafted. (I'm wondering if you can figure out what comes next, hehe.) This entry is unique. Well, all are, duh. But I mean, it's not a traditional drawing; it's not a digital drawing, but it's a model of a character. stan. not only shared this wonderful animation of Siccaz with us. So it's not just an animation. It's a model. Well executed, and I'm just so happy to see this. I appreciate the unique style and take, the courage to experiment. A pleasure to look at.

10th Place

Like I said in my previous contest; Last, but definitely not least, is the final placement, and we're going strong into this one because it's like Team Rocket always said: Prepare for trouble and make it double. Not that this contestant is any trouble; I just wanted to make that reference one day in my life. Thanks for the opportunity! Before I digress any further, I want to present to you two entries that hit me on an emotional level that I don't want to discuss any further than that, because it doesn't matter. All I can say is that it's positive in the end! Okay, now focus on the images: Number one, a beautiful and detail-heavy shot of one of my first oc's. I enjoy the focus on the likes of the character, the scenery, and the solemn look on his face. Entry two depicts the exact opposite feeling of that, and just this contrast is such a blast. From dark colors to bright, from a more dark and eery atmosphere to a happy and safe space. It's just so dear that my heart melts. OceanButterfly with Maddox and Valeri, a perfect way to depict two opposite characters, moods, situations and how art can influence our emotions. None is better than the other; both are fantastically drawn!

Like I said, for me personally, it wasn't easy to say 'these won', because I cherish all the artwork that I received. But alas, I thought about it heavily and found no other way to do this except to raffle all pets away with everyone having the same odds. You know what I mean, I hope. But I decided against it, as it was basically way too late to change the reward system and rather added the raffle and the riddles to further reward your efforts.

Next up is a part that I looked forward to the whole time. Really, I'd love to write that this is the most fun part, but all of it is equally important and fun to me. All the interactions I had, the riddles as well, were so fun and rewarding on my part. Having the honor of receiving such amazing entries, whose value vastly outweighs the pets I can give to you in return, is immeasurable. I can only hope that, for you, the time and patience you had worked out in the end. Thank you for making this contest as great as it is! Thanks for being part of this, because alone, this wouldn't be as fun!

Alright, enough rambling on my part! Pick your pet from the prize pool! And as an addition, I would love for the winners to pick an entry that they loved the most, so I can gift the artist from that entry a little something in their regard~ Let's spread affection in every corner of this contest! πŸ’• We pick in order so that no chaos ensues. Let's get to it! Right after everyone picks their pet and every recommendation price is given out, I'll start recording the video for the raffle, so if you want, you can watch it. Or don't, and be surprised when you suddenly get a pet. The choice is yours, but I will lay out the options. I'll write the lucky ones that won the raffle down, too, of course.

I finally finished. Sorry for the long one, hehe. Take care, and stay hydrated. I wish you all a wonderful start to the new year!
May you be smiled upon
Last edited by Maddox Malice on Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
❀ Stuff ❀

❀ Buying Chars
❀ Trading Chars
❀ Toyhouse

❀ Some nice music~

❀ Other Stuff ❀

Discord: maddoxmalice
Languages: ENG / GER

Actively Playing: DnD, LoL,
BG3, FFXIV, Phasmophobia
and Lethal Company! ❀
Currently Watching: Solo
Leveling, Helluva Boss and
Hazbin Hotel ❀

I'm currently sleeping a lot due to unknown medical reasons. Messages might be slow. I'm working on it!
(´q‒ α΅• ‒q`) β™‘
Maddox Malice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❀ Maddox's Last Art Contest ❀ [WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT] πŸ’•

Postby .wren. » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:18 am

AAA congratulations to everyone! the art from every single person was so gorgeous im ngl
I saw this just before I was about to log off, and reading the last bit - my personal favorite was Jellybean by Wookieinmashoo and I'd love to nominate them for a gift !! when their entry was posted I audibly gasped at the color work and skill. every artist here is just amazing and I am not very good with words so all I gotta say is thank u sm for the opportunity and all of u are absolutely incredible!! it is sleep time, ninight!
.wren.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me