New Rule for Signatures - Rule is now actively enforced!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: New Rule for Signatures - Everyone Please Read!

Postby UnfathomableDreams » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 am

Levi Ackerman wrote:
UnfathomableDreams wrote:So... this will probably be a dumb question, but. I came across an art shop post awhile back that stated "I won't draw anything having to do with LGBT+ or that says it: it's against my religion."

I'm just going to assume that this rule won't cover that, because of course it's just a belief, but I'm vaguely wondering if it might.

Thank you c: I was aware an artist couldn't be forced to do anything - but I thought explicitly stating it in their posts might not be allowed now due to this. Like, you can't explicitly say you won't trade with someone who's gay, but you can turn down a trade for any reason and the site can't punish you for that ^^'
[ Finch | They/Them | Twenty One Pilots Enjoyer ]
ALWAYS SEEKING DRINK ME DOG, PAYING ANY AMOUNT IN C$
UnfathomableDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vlad Dracula III » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:36 am

Is my signature ok it's a quote from a abridged show although the person changed it to funny instead of intimidating and the other thing is just my fan art?
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... &id=177755
Fr lair
Birthday gifts received this year - 0
Birthday messages received this year - 0

I don’t really have the best health I get really tired really easily so my replies may be very slow please be patient with me if I accidentally send the same trade twice I apologize either there’s a glitch or I’ve forgotten that I already sent one
If you foe over a trade Seriously I’ll block back people make mistakes get over it or just lock ur trading and don’t be rude no ones perfect
Vlad Dracula III

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gauze » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:41 pm

I don't know if this has been answered yet so I apologize if it has, what about anti-bullying consider it's against a negative subject? Again I apologize if already answered.
xxxx
┌───xZ A C / G A U Z Ex───┐
he/him ⟡ adult ⟡ ftm ⟡ gay ⚣
intp ⟡ 5w6 ⟡ 594 ⟡ sp/so
♌︎ sun ⟡ ♈︎ moon ⟡ ♎︎ rising

⟢───────────────────⟣
"it'd be pain and suffering..."
"...if i suffered without you"
⟢───────────────────⟣
gauze#4627
wermzcoziessimas©

└──────xL I N K Sx──────┘
gauze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:11 pm

SageTheAussie wrote:I don't know if this has been answered yet so I apologize if it has, what about anti-bullying consider it's against a negative subject? Again I apologize if already answered.

I would say that is fine to have, but perhaps it could be said better like "I am against bullying" since that seems a bit more nicely said :)
    But saying it on CS is pretty much unnecessary mainly because who here is going to be "pro-bullying", by default everyone would be against it all things considered.
    Link to Tess pretty much saying the same thing about Animal abuse.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybugdotz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 pm

thanks for this :D :D :D
Image Image Image Image
ladybugdotz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Impalala » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:20 pm

I love this new rule. Thank you so much <3
Impalala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:50 pm

booklover789 wrote:Just a question for the mods about this particular rule.

Tess stated that there are to be no "anti" phrases, messages, or stamps in any aspect of our profiles from this point on. Does this also mean that I cannot have a "pro" phrase, message, or stamp in any aspect of my profile? Previously here on CS I had a pro-life stamp in my sig. I'm not showing hate or being mean towards anyone by having that stamp in my sig - just so you know my motives - I'm just stating what I believe to be true, just as someone with a pro-choice stamp in their sig is stating what he/she believes to be true. I won't hate you if you disagree with me, as I understand that we all have our differences - that's what makes us each unique and special. :)

What I'm asking is this: I understand that "anti-abortion" phrases, messages, and stamps like it are no longer allowed; but does this also apply to phrases, messages, and stamps that have a positive spin on them? Like "pro-life," "pro-choice," "pro-gay marriage," "pro-traditional marriage," etc.?

Considering we are nearing the two-week mark (the 20th of March is the official two-week mark) and my question still has not been answered, I am reposting it in hopes that a mod will see it.

Should a mod not see it, whom would you suggest I message concerning this topic? Which mod will be the best to give my inquiry to?
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:18 pm

booklover789 wrote:

Tess stated that there are to be no "anti" phrases, messages, or stamps in any aspect of our profiles from this point on. Does this also mean that I cannot have a "pro" phrase, message, or stamp in any aspect of my profile? Previously here on CS I had a pro-life stamp in my sig. I'm not showing hate or being mean towards anyone by having that stamp in my sig - just so you know my motives - I'm just stating what I believe to be true, just as someone with a pro-choice stamp in their sig is stating what he/she believes to be true. I won't hate you if you disagree with me, as I understand that we all have our differences - that's what makes us each unique and special. :)

What I'm asking is this: I understand that "anti-abortion" phrases, messages, and stamps like it are no longer allowed; but does this also apply to phrases, messages, and stamps that have a positive spin on them? Like "pro-life," "pro-choice," "pro-gay marriage," "pro-traditional marriage," etc.?

Considering we are nearing the two-week mark (the 20th of March is the official two-week mark) and my question still has not been answered, I am reposting it in hopes that a mod will see it.

Should a mod not see it, whom would you suggest I message concerning this topic? Which mod will be the best to give my inquiry to?

The mods answer how they personally can see an answer given.
    In the end, all of the mods will give the same reply based on how it follows the rules, their replies will vary through means of interpretation to the rules, however the general ideal will still be there.
    I would wait until someone replies here, then if this thread is locked, take it to any mod.
    For all we know, there could be discussion based on your question here so that is probably the reason why there is no reply.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:07 pm

booklover789 wrote:

Tess wrote:We allowed "anti" signature messages up until this point in the interest of being "fair" to everyone's beliefs. However, the fact is these "anti" messages in signatures bring nothing but negativity to the site, and are the cause of many arguments and problems. These messages often leave certain groups of people feeling attacked, discriminated against or bullied; when CS should be a safe place for people to come and be free of judgement/discrimination. We feel that there are more positive ways for people to express their beliefs, for example using a "pro-atheism" stamp instead of an "anti-religion" stamp.

"Pro-" messages are fine, since there is no negativity or discriminating/bullying content involved with them. They're just saying you support something, as opposed to saying you're against something that might be important to someone else. Even if someone disagrees with you, they're much less likely to feel attacked if you word the message in a positive way that doesn't imply that you shut out other perspectives. (For example, displaying a "pro-heterosexuality" stamp doesn't necessary indicate that you don't support other sexualities or that you automatically hate anyone who is not heterosexual, while that's pretty much all an "anti-LGBTQ" stamp suggests.)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hydlia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Thank you for this rule! It's very comforting to have a site that won't allow this sort of thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I have some pets up for trade in a specially labelled section. Feel free to send a trade!
Hydlia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me