Therians on Chicken Smoothie?

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Therians on Chicken Smoothie?

Postby Griffenmice » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:21 am

I looked about and only saw last year the most recent post about therians/otherkin and I was like hmmm... that needs to be changed so here we are!

AWOOOO any therians/otherkin and anything of that sort on chicken smoothie? if so how do you do! whats ur theriotype? and anything else you wanna talk about being a therian or questioning it or just wanna know what a therian is! or if you have any questions about definitions or general comments/inquires about therianthropy type away!

I've been awaken for a couple years now but I've always since a kid had felt an animal running around in me and that being a mountain lion and an appaloosa horse and a border collie :)

Therian is a person who experiences being and identifies as a non-human animal on an integral, personal level.

Therianthropy is the coined word relating to therian culture in a whole.

Therianthrope The animal or creature one identifies as. "My kintype is ____" or "I am ___kin" is acceptable, where the underscores is the animal or creature one identifies as.
(Definitions by https://www.therian-guide.com/index.php/2-therianthropy )
<(Hi! im Gordon/Dirt/Ophelia :3 nice meeting you)
(I use it/its/itself X3) I hope u have a silly day ya goof)>ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Griffenmice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Therians on Chicken Smoothie?

Postby BrookclawTheWarrior » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:31 am

Hi! I am a recent therian. Basically, up to four years ago I hated cats and only liked unicorns, unicorns, unicorns. Until I discovered that I had a mutual bond with cats and soon came to start pretending to be one and holding vigils at night and meowing and walking like one. Everyone called me crazy and said I was getting to old to act like that and even said if I wanna be a cat I’d have to eat cat food and use a litterbox. I always thought it was only me that experienced this until about two weeks ago I found out about therians and discovered that I already was one, all I was missing was the term. So now I am a cat therian and am currently working on my quadrobics. I’m trying to find therians in my area and have had no luck so far sadly. I live in Baden-Württemberg Germany so it’s hard to find anyone. But, it’s not that big of a deal since cat are mostly solitary animals. So yeah, am I a therian or am I just mistaken? It’s important to note that I am a proud aspie (asperger syndrome or high functional autism). But if I’m being completely honest, ever since I found the bond cats are my favorite animal, got into the warrior cats fandom and own two cats. So is it just me or am I a therian?
/\___/\
( o w o ) Just your average cat therian who loves warrior cats, DSMP and QSMP
|v ^ v^|
| |
( | | | )__
(_(_)(_)_)\ \
(_________/
Image Image Image Image
BrookclawTheWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griffenmice » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:58 am

hiya brookclaw! honestly being a Therian is one's own experience it may go and it just was a phase or so it stays but no matter what it's just how the human experience is all fluid and fluctuates with one environment now my own advice or words are not meant to be set dead in stone or follow it's just what I believe as a therian/otherkin/ human lolz only thing I can say is read about being a therian on therian websites and therian stories they are very very different from one another and maybe the same! I time to time search Therian podcasts or YouTube videos of people talking about their stories of being a Therian or "how they found out" and it helps me out with my own questions and btw be careful doing quads! I practice it myself and it hurts but I take breaks so it won't hurt so bad </3
Griffenmice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfSpore » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:03 am

hii! gray wolf therian awakened for over a decade now ^^. it's been very cool seeing the progression of therian culture online over the years.
he/they // colorado // adult
check back later for art prices link! -- disc: sushiwolf
always welcome to trades ! looking for Halloween pets from all years.
currently in the process of reorganizing my entire account, apologies for the mess
<33 moonlunaacy
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 29 people.
I have received 27 gifts.
I have nuked 10 people.
I have received 17 nukes.
I have won 1 gift wars.
I have lost 1 gift wars.
WolfSpore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griffenmice » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:08 am

hiya!! thats really cool bro! i have seen the Therian culture progression too though I'm not too aware of the culture do you wanna input on what u have seen in progression? if u wanna ofc I'm just curious :P
Griffenmice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfSpore » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:17 am

When I first started looking into therianthropy, from my knowledge and memory, it was a way more niche thing. It was a lot harder to find online spaces for it and it was mainly obscure forums. I also remember there being a lot more older teenagers in the groups (I was a kid at the time and I remember everyone I was able to find was usually was considerably older than me.) There used to be a big tie between therian culture and alternative subcultures that were big at the time (a lot of the other therians I saw were emo or other subcultures). I'm not sure if that's still the case, but I'd have to guess it just had to do with those subcultures usually being for people who felt alienated from society, which is a feeling a lot of therians seem to feel (understandably). This is all from my perspective as one child ten years ago on the internet, though! So some things I might be remembering incorrectly, but I definitely know that the spaces weren't as large.
It's been really nice seeing how there's a seemingly really big online community for younger therians now. I wish I'd had access to something like that as a kid. ^^
he/they // colorado // adult
check back later for art prices link! -- disc: sushiwolf
always welcome to trades ! looking for Halloween pets from all years.
currently in the process of reorganizing my entire account, apologies for the mess
<33 moonlunaacy
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 29 people.
I have received 27 gifts.
I have nuked 10 people.
I have received 17 nukes.
I have won 1 gift wars.
I have lost 1 gift wars.
WolfSpore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mousebrain » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:18 am

Hiya it’s me a wolf and eagle and dragon therain
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 15 gifts.
I have nuked 0 people.
I have received 0 nukes.
I have won 0 gift wars.
I have lost 1 gift wars.
Mousebrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griffenmice » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:03 am

WolfSpore wrote:When I first started looking into therianthropy, from my knowledge and memory, it was a way more niche thing. It was a lot harder to find online spaces for it and it was mainly obscure forums. I also remember there being a lot more older teenagers in the groups...

I remember back in the day that was the case where emo/ other subcultures who were frowned upon by society had mingled or so Therians were also in the mix I wasn't a part of it cause I was too afraid to chat with people online about how I was feeling but just reading blog posts and stories and videos solidified a lot of questions and things but that is true that the therian community has now a lot of younger therians who are young ages figuring this all out and to be honest it had opened myself back up to my therian side seeing that people around my age (given the fact at that time I was 15) are growing a community that use to be so shut off and alienated and well that is still there a bit but anyway lol wolfspore that is really interesting to hear about :o) thank u for sharing!!

also do want to mention my grammar and wording may be off I haven't been typing a lot as I normally do so I apologize if my wording seems a bit harsh or ignorant (work)
Griffenmice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griffenmice » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:04 am

Mousebrain wrote:Hiya it’s me a wolf and eagle and dragon therain

Hiya!! nice to see all these therians here on chicken smoothie :D
Griffenmice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dumpling-donut » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:50 am

Hi!! I found out about therians eariler this year, and i don't think i'm a therian however i support you guys!

I am wondering if i might be a dragonkin, so i would really appreciate some help. i have always had an interest in dragons, my favourite book series is wings of fire, my favourite movie is httyd 1, you get the point. I made some paper claws to go with my dragon puppets, but when i'm wearing them it almost feels like my hand is supposed to look like that, and i kinda wish i had actual claws. I also really enjoy the rain, even when it's raining really heavily it makes me want to go outside, it just makes me super happy and relaxed. And the last thing i wanted to mention, is that i love hoarding stuff, mostly animal plushies. I have two crates under my bed filled with them haha, and also a lot on my bed. ( and i like to do quadrobics )

So what do you think? Is it possible i might be a dragonkin?
dumpling-donut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me