◇◇ the arcantheran gathering --- big cat adopts club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

◇◇ the arcantheran gathering --- big cat adopts club

Postby zoocyte » Mon May 17, 2021 9:50 am

Image◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇Image

hello and welcome!
        this is the discussion page for the arpg-style arcanthera closed species, a fantasy big cat adopts centered on story building and lore. here you can talk about anything related to the adopts, whether or not you own one! talk about your characters, your plans for your guilds, share content you have made and anything else under the arcantheran sun.

rules
      ◇◇ all cs rules apply.
      ◇◇ be kind and respectful to each other.
      ◇◇ ensure your posts are legible and easy to read, keep them inclusive for people with visual difficulties.
      ◇◇ keep discussion on-topic.
      ◇◇ do not advertise outside of arcanthera-related advertisements.
      ◇◇ you may post advertisements every four pages.
      ◇◇ try to keep the atmosphere free and easy, as this is meant to be a light-spirited fan page.

Image◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇Image

links
main page || lorebook || artist search || fanclub
Last edited by zoocyte on Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◇◇ the arcantheran gathering --- reserved post

Postby zoocyte » Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 am

◇◇
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◇◇ the arcantheran gathering --- reserved post

Postby zoocyte » Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 am

◇◇
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ◇◇ the arcantheran gathering --- big cat adopts club

Postby zoocyte » Mon May 17, 2021 9:54 am

feel free to post!
comms
hello, call me koga or zoo!
arcanthera adoptsmy arcanthera storageoff-oekaki gallery
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Mon May 17, 2021 5:12 pm

all i've been doing really is making adopts in a frenzy and plotting out in my scattered mind what i should be building up next/what lore to have written down. when this picks up a bit more i'm going to set up the prompt system so people can start doing actually stuff with their pantheryx :PP i have a couple of paid adopts slotted up to be posted but i'm still hesitant since i'm not sure about the interest (although they can be bought as personal original characters too, removed from the species).

things i need to get done include:
        -sorting out what a timepath is and how that would work, lore-wise, and how to explain it
        -i have the branches of prompt-types ready, just need to fill them in with questions
        -system of writing/art submission? what merits how many points, etc.
        -point economy for shop and spirit stuff?
        -actually explaining how spirits work (they will function like in usermade adoptables, off-oekaki small creature designs that can be edited onto the transparent reference of the pantheryc, little side companions that give you magic powers!)
        -writing down what happened in each part of the timeline
        -a registration thread where you can register what part of the timeline your arcantheran was born into (possibly plot out the wanted time path/time arc from there? time-traveling lions can get quite confusing so i need to straighten that out to make it work)
        -more specific lore stuff like flora and fauna, cultural tidbits
        -historical figure roles?
        -writing more on the factions and what they're like, what they believe in and what they do
        -melee weaponry and just like, what do the physical skill people do (i want to make a weapon shop where you can buy weapon designs for your panneutroids/hybrids, but like i suck at drawing objects so we'll see how i figure that out)
        -scanning my handwritten notes for whatever else i need
        -nursery
        -a discord, once there's enough people with interest in this

i have a lot planned basically and i can only hope i have the executive function to execute it lol. technically my sibling (who does have a cs account but isn't active) is kind of a co-owner of the species? but more in a like, hey zoo you're supposed to be doing xxx thing now, my voice of reason and sanity kind of thing lol. i really realllyyy do hope this isn't a flop LOL that's twelve hours of lineart work plus goodness knows how long spent on churning out designs (i really really enjoy making them, goodness me it's so fun).

what kind of vibe/potential are y'all feeling about this so far, what direction should it be taken? and idk i suppose what can be improved to drum up more interest (making the front page more comprehensible and concise i feel will help a lot to make it more inviting, i think the complicatedness is what makes it difficult to get into)

also! here's some art of my dear amity, i love that guy. i'd say he's seemingly a very lax, very warm and carefree leader of his guild, with a lot of personal motivations and ambitions he keeps quiet about. comes off as a very ordinary and modest, friendly dude who unknowingly is pretty sharply aware of what's going on around him, even if he looks like he's just hanging out casually. picks up on information very adeptly and knows how to get what he wants out of people.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Wed May 19, 2021 6:22 am

some lore updates:
        i'm working on typing the descriptions for melee-exclusive roles (all essentially physical fighting styles).
        i also have added in an essential piece of lore relating to arcantheran biology:

all arcantherans have three lives to spend. if they die or are brought down in battle, their bodies will dissipate and respawn at the nearest shrine dedicated to their faction. factionless individuals that lose a life respawn on the island of nethos, beside a portal to the spiraros. individuals with complex alignment will respawn at a shrine of the faction they have spent the most time with in their lifetime. when an arcantheran loses their last life, their essence fades away and does not return. it is theorized that there is an unknown domain where souls of final deaths go, but as of yet it remains undiscovered.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Wed May 19, 2021 11:20 am

hii everyone! don't own anyone yet but I love this species and it's lore!! surprised at how little attention it's getting? (I've only seen the same few people applying for adopts!) the lineart is amazing, and well, the amount of development just put into this world??? anyways, good day to you! <33
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Thu May 20, 2021 12:18 am

i'm glad y'all are liking what i have so far <3 <3 this is probably one of my favorite projects that i've worked on in a long time! i always really enjoy finding a balance between having a lore framework to work off of and room for personal individual creativity. it's kind of the philosophy behind fan ocs isn't; there's an established world and rules already within a piece of media, which makes it easy to fill in the gaps yourself with your own headcanons and fan characters. kind of like that.

some updates include:
      [update] (under roles)
      melee-exclusive roles
      cavalier - fighting style relies on mounts
      gladiator - fighting style relies on close combat weaponry
      monk - fighting style relies on martial arts
      radix - fighting style relies on feral form
      ranger - fighting style relies on ranged weaponry
      rogue - fighting style relies on stealth and ambush

general roles
      lore-based, fulfills a function in the guild, not exclusive to magic or melee users

MELEE-EXCLUSIVE ROLES
      a melee user will fall into one of the following categories, depending on their fighting style/s.

the cavalier relies on fighting on mounts. these arcantherans are master equestrians and primarily fight in anthro form. they are excellent jousters and can reach enemies efficiently from their point on horseback (or, whatever creature it is that serves as their mount). they also are adept trainers of their mounts so they can be employed as well in battle, serving to protect their master and rely on their species-specific abilities to gain advantage over non-rider enemies.

the gladiator relies on fighting with close combat weaponry. they are generalist fighters that rely on swords and axes and whatever else is available to wield as weaponry on the battlefield. they are fond of the hack-and-slash method and dive right into the fray of battle.

the monk relies on fighting with martial arts. they are masters of their own bodies and can direct the physical energy through it at will, making them dangerous adept even when unequipped. they are intimately familiar with the body's weak points and target them with dangerous accuracy.

the radix relies on fighting with feral form. to pit a radix against an anthro form arcantheran would be like to pit a lion against a man. gifted with the natural arsenal of nature's apex predator, radix fight with tooth and claw and a bite force all much to be feared. they hunt and fight much as they would a wild lion, with ambush and bursts of speed, except gifted wih human insight and intelligence that gives them a dangerous capacity for complex strategy that non-sentient lions lack.

the ranger relies on fighting with ranged weaponry. archers and snipers and crossbow users are to be found here. they take out their enemies from a distance while keeping out of harm's way, launching attacks from strategically advantageous positions.

the rogue relies on fighting with stealth and ambush. they are nimble and dextrous, ninja-like in their capacity for agility. they can scale heights and travel by paths unthought of by those of less finesse and flexibility (both in body and mind). they rely on the element of surprise, accomplishing their missions without alerting the attention of their targets. they can make good assasins in taking out enemies who don't see them coming.

NON-EXCLUSIVE ROLES
      these roles do not always involve fighting and are usually available to any arcantheran. they are lore-based and one can invent non-exclusive roles within their guilds as they please, depending on the livelihoods and work necessary to support their lifestyle.

examples include governor, blacksmith, archivist, teacher, mentor, carer, artisan, merchant, farmer, forager, herbalist, fisherman, hunter, historian, scientist, architect, strategist, counselor, therapist, beastmaster, performer, artist, writer, astronomer, scout, technician, artificer, alchemist manager, advisor and others.

some questions i have:
      Code: Select all
      [b]what part of the species/adopts should i work on explaining/building on next?[/b]
      [b]do you have any clarifications about the lore or how any of the systems works?[/b]
      [b]any ideas to add to examples of non-exclusive roles?[/b]
      [b]any ideas on how to promote the species?[/b]

+any suggestions or thoughts or ideas you'd like to throw my way.
      +if you catch any spelling/grammatical/syntax mistakes anywhere on the threads, you can tell me and i'll gratefully fix them.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Thu May 20, 2021 2:22 pm

fun small update, i've been mulling over how the nursery should work and am having fun with different poses for nursery lines.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Thu May 20, 2021 7:32 pm

how do y'all feel about abstract-shaped spirits like this one on fell?
      this one is in abstract form. since spirits are malleable though, they can be carved into different shapes...
      just take some public domain clipart, do some editing, aaaaaand....
      voila! you have a corporeal-shaped spirit. pretty easy and quick process, so i hope to make lots of individual spirit companions (in a way they function as an item to add on your lion/a separate adopt to be applied on a lion).
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me