The Semi-Literate & Literate Roleplayer's Club (V5)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

The Semi-Literate & Literate Roleplayer's Club (V5)

Postby Darius4Ever ~ ♥ » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:17 am

Although there is now a semi-lit to advanced board, it is still nice to have a communal board to chat, discuss ideas, check one another's work, and generally be a family. This thread is dedicated to the family it has always been for so many writers.

Note: To those of you who are not at semi-literate or literate level, please do not be offended. Everyone has to start somewhere. (:

1. Be polite
    2. No bashing of anyone
    3. Stay on topic
    4. No mini-modding
    5. Don't quote your form, it only makes it harder to update.
    6. If you have not been accepted, you are not a member, so do not post. Please wait until you have been accepted to start posting.
    7. Please don't tamper with the form! I know we all love to make them pretty, but there is a reason I have them set up the way they are.
    9. Please do not use intro posts as your sample.
    10. Please only post/advertise semi-literate+ roleplays.
    11. Do not contact any of the mod's to ask if you were accepted or declined. Take a look yourself.
    12. Do not contact any of the mod's to ask if you were ignored or skipped over. We use the search engine. We don't miss anyone.
    13. Once you have broken too many rules, we reserve the right to decline you.
    13. Listen to the mod/s! This currently consists of nicaise.
    14. If your sample is from an outside source, you must provide a link to the exact thread that your sample is coming from.
    15. Have fun! (:

1. Post your application once.
    1. If you have not been accepted, you are not a member, so do not post (other than your form). Please wait until you have been accepted to start posting.
    3. Don't tamper with the form.
    4. Do not use intro posts as your examples. I search it and if I find that you are using one, there is no chance that you will be accepted.
    5. If your sample is not included in text and you are posting a link, please link it directly to your post, not to the role play.
    6. There will be an acceptance post once every Thursday.

For your reference, the general things I will be looking for in forms are as follows...

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
    Don't pick your longest post ever if it is not a good example of your current work. When I say this, I want you to give me a good example! Too many applications have examples that the writer says "not my best. I usually write better," or something along these lines. I see this as lazy. Give me a good example please, and if I see anything written about your work is normally better I will not even look at your form.
    GRAMMAR & SPELLING
    It's a simple thing that should be second nature to all semi-lit+ writers. I don't want to see wrong tenses, incorrect punctuation, incorrect spelling, or any of that (I understand there may be a mistake every now and then; we are only human, after all).
    SENTENCE STRUCTURE
    Your writing should flow. Sentences shouldn't be overly long, and they shouldn't be unbelievably short. I'll be looking at your writing style, and you general mechanics. The number one no-no is I don't want your writing to sound mechanical/forced. It shouldn't sound like a children's book (Susie did this... Then Susie did this... Susie saw Bob and said hi...).

Send me a pm with a link and brief description of your rp for it to appear here. Once all the spots have been filled, it will be removed.

Code: Select all
    [size=90][list][list][b]Form:[/b]
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Favorite type of RP:[/b]
    [b]Roleplay sample:[/b] (no intro posts... delete this from your finished form)
    [b]Any semi-lit/lit RPs you have:[/b][/list][/list][/size]
Last edited by tarkeli on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: Edited to remove references of Wolfsabre/Strider by request.
Darius4Ever ~ ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Semi-Literate & Literate Roleplayer's Club (V5) (wip

Postby Darius4Ever ~ ♥ » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:23 am

Note: returning members do not need to wait to begin posting. Simply fill out the form and chat away (:

[size=90][list][list][color=#FF8080][b]Hey there! I'm back![/b][/color]
    [b]Username:[/b] (make your username a link to your profile)
    [b]Old Member Number:[/b] (your member number from the old thread. if you need to get to the old thread, there is a link at the top of this one to it)[/list][/list][/size]

[size=90][list][list][color=#FF8080][b]Hey there! I've changed my username![/b][/color]
    [b]Old Username:[/b]
    [b]Member Number:[/b]
    [b]New Username:[/b][/list][/list][/size]

Moderator: nicaise

Founder: Smamm

Members

1. ossa di cervo
    2. Keriae
    3. Greenleaf
    4. abandoned.
    5. Soriams
    6. apochrypha
    7. younghaunting
    8. amerikan
Last edited by Darius4Ever ~ ♥ on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
Darius4Ever ~ ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Semi-Literate & Literate Roleplayer's Club (V5)

Postby ossa di cervo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 am

Hey there! I'm back!
      Username: ossa di cervo (it was Folly + Zmija)
      Old Member Number: 76!
THEXTHEXTHEXTHE
───────────────────────────────
Create A Clan - ➳ who are you again..? - Link Name Here - Link Name Here
─────────────────────────────
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:00 am

Hey there! I'm back!
      Username: Keriae
      Old Member Number: 41 c:
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 am

Hey there! I'm back!
      Username: Greenleaf
      Old Member Number: 73

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darius4Ever ~ ♥ » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:33 am

Welcome back, guys.
Darius4Ever ~ ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandoned. » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:03 am

Hey there! I'm back!
      Username: abandoned.
      Old Member Number: 14
abandoned.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darius4Ever ~ ♥ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:05 am

Welcome back, abandoned. (:

How is everyone doing?
Darius4Ever ~ ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apochrypha » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:49 am

Ooh I wanna join! :o

Form:

Username: apochrypha
      Favorite type of RP: Supernatural (vampires/werewolves/shapeshifters), post-apocalyptic, and animals (canines especially)
      Roleplay sample:

Stella was surprisingly pleased at the small compliment and couldn't help the quick smile that spread her lips. She felt a sense of sudden responsibility when Afa asked her to keep all the dogs in the room and disappeared. Stella glanced around at all the frenzied canines and hoped none of them would start fighting while she was left with them. Fortunately, she didn't have to wait long before Afa returned and handed her a bundle of leashes. She set to work wrangling the dogs, who got so excited from the idea of going for a walk that they refused to hold still to have their leashes attached, and found she had her work cut out for her.

She sighed at the news that the other rescue workers were currently at a puppy mill bust. "That must be horrible," she said as she snatched up the collar of a fluffy Malamute. "But I imagine it can be fulfilling to know you saved that many animals from suffering." Stella clamped the latch on his collar and straightened up, all the dogs now leashed. She looked over at Afa and smiled. "All ready to go."

The two of them strolled outside surrounded by a herd of panting dogs of all shapes and sizes, all tugging at their restraints in their eagerness to run and play in the fresh air. Stella leaned backward slightly as she walked to counter the pulling dogs with her weight and prayed that none of them spotted a squirrel or a cat. "So, what kind of rescue mission would suit you? It seems to me you could handle anything this job could throw at you." As if to emphasize her point, she looked at Afa's herd of dogs and the relative ease she had with controlling them. "This crowd is no walk in the park—no pun intended—but they listen to you every time. Well, except Cookie." Cookie, hearing her name, tried to shove her way through the others for attention, but she was thwarted. Stella leaned over and gave her a quick pat on the head before placing both hands back on her leash bundle. "I think I would like to help with rescuing too, eventually." (this post)

Any semi-lit/lit RPs you have: 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐄

izzy » she/they »
pokefarm q // flight rising

apochrypha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me