Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby Celozon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Image Welcome to the Lights On Lights Off fanclub! Image

Main Thread | Discord Server

This club is here to provide players with a place to discuss Lights On Lights Off, share stories and costumes, and meet other players. This provides a lot more freedom to post and talk with other players than you have on the main thread since we need to keep the main thread clean. Please make sure to read this entire post before you begin talking on the thread.

Be aware that this thread is mainly for discussion of LOLO topics, not idle chatter. We have the discord chat linked above which can be used for chatter not suited for the fanclub. The discord chat opens on September 15th.

Image Yes:
    • Asking opinions on your story/costume
    • Discussing treats (No showing off!)
    • Discussing gameplay
    • Discussing story/costume ideas, cool stories & costumes you've seen, ect
    • Discussing signature images

Image No:
    • Saying 'lights on'
    • Getting off topic
    • One/two word (or any small) posts that do not contribute to the conversation
    • 'Mark', 'Marking', and other similar posts
    • Answering gameplay questions
    • Mini-modding
    • Using the thread just to rant/complain
    • Idle chatter

Image Rules:
    • You don't have to sign up for LOLO or the fanclub to post, just keep everything LOLO related!
    • No spam. This includes things listed under 'no' above.
    • Do not attempt to handle rule-breakers, that is for the thread-mods to do.
    • Discussing signature images is allowed (asking opinions, asking for ideas, etc), but please post the images on the main thread or PM Celozon to get them added to the stash.
    • Please do not answer gameplay or form questions, leave them for a thread mod to answer in order to avoid confusion and misinformation.
    • Do not post about treats just to show off good ones you got or sent out. If people continuously post about treats just to show off I will not allow treats to be discussed at all.
    • If you see someone continuously breaking the rules, contact a thread mod. If they are breaking CS rules (excessive spam for example) report them to the CS mods.

By posting on this thread you agree to follow all the rules and any future rules that may be added.

Image Featured Users:
      Featured Users is a way for users to get noticed when they have their lights on. I or one of the fanclub mods will occasionally go through the list of users and randomly pick out 10 who have their lights on and post those 10 in a Featured Users.
    • When I post a Featured Users list, you will still need to check the lights status of the users. Don't send them messages unless their lights are on! Their lights may be on at the time I post the list, but they may change their status before you see it, so always check.
    • There is no special way to get chosen, I simply pick users at random until I find 10 who have lights on.
    • There is no schedule for Featured Users, but I'll try to post one every day or so.
    • I will not repeat users on the list unless I run out of users to put on it.

If you would like to be able to see all of the Featured Users I have posted, type the keyword into the thread search bar. This keyword is included in each post so that they will be easy to find. I will pick a new word each year, and one that has not been used on the thread so that it will only show the current year's Featured Users, and no irrelevant posts.

This years key word is gloom.

Last edited by Celozon on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby Celozon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 pm

Image Fanclub Moderators:
      Celozon

still

♔Voltaire♔

Other LOLO team members may also assist in handling rule-breakers and answering question on this thread.

Image Fanclub Moderator Applications

All applications will be hosted on the main thread from now on
    Code: Select all
    If you are interested in this position, please make sure you read all of the below information carefully and completely before proceeding.

Applications will be open for approx 3 weeks, starting from Sept 15 to the first week of October. We are willing to add 1-2 people to the team, however we may still choose not to invite anyone to the team this year.

If you are interested in applying for both Fanclub Mod and as a Team Member on the main thread, please only fill out the Team Member application. Just state in your application that you are also interested in Fanclub Mod if you are not chosen as a Team Member.

[b]This position will include, but is not limited to:[/b]
    [list][*] Watching the fanclub for new posts and answering any questions asked or informing users to stop activities that are against the rules, such as posting spam. This is for the fanclub only, you will not have any authority on the main thread.
    [*] Giving advice to users on the fanclub on their stories or costumes, such as letting them know if it is following the rules or not, or helping them improve.
    [*] Being open to receive PMs from players at any time, and responding to those PMs. These PMs should only be general questions or about rulebreaking on the fanclub..
    [*] Staying in contact with the other team members so that information can be freely exchanged between us. It is preferred that you be willing to use Discord at least for the length of LOLO for this purpose.[/list]

If you are accepted you will be provided with a list detailing most of the info you will need to know for moderating, rule specifics, etc. We encourage team members to feel comfortable asking questions if they are unsure of something, we try to keep a very open and welcoming atmosphere.

If you feel you would be right for this position, please fill out the below form and PM it to Celozon. If we choose to invite you to the team we will contact you before applications close (around the first week of October).

[b]Some things to know before you start:[/b]
    [list][*] This form is partly about having the 'right' answers to certain questions, but its also about you. We want to know how you would handle a certain situation with the information you have. Just answer to the best of your ability. No one is expected to have a perfect form.
    [*] Fill out the form as completely as possible. We prefer more in-depth answers to short ones. Explain your reasoning and thought process (as applicable).
    [*] The first section gives us an overview on you, there are no 'right' answers to these. Please be truthful.
    [*] The second section has to do with common problems you may come across. As a fanclub mod, you will be expected to be well-versed in the rules and be able to respond to these situations in an appropriate manner.[/list]

[b]Form:[/b]

[b][color=#BF0000]This form is ONLY for the fanclub mod position.[/color][/b] If you are interested in both the fanclub mod and the main thread team member position, fill out the [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3912053&start=10#p120935098]form on the main thread[/url]. That form includes a section to say you are also interested in the fanclub mod position.

[code][b]Section 1:[/b]

Username:

How many years have you played LOLO?:

How often and how much time can you commit to moderating the fanclub?:

Do you feel you can reasonably answer most questions a user might have about LOLO? If not, where do you feel you are weakest?:

Have you had any previous experience in moderating threads on CS or other sites? If possible, provide links:

Do you have any traits, experiences, or other such reasons you feel would make you a good moderator?:

[b]Section 2:[/b]

You are a fanclub mod currently watching the fanclub. A user is on the thread making posts like 'lights on!' and 'treated 5 people!' How do you approach them?:

The same user from before has apparently ignored you and is continuing to post spam on the thread. How do you handle this?:

You are a fanclub mod currently watching the fanclub. A user has asked a question on the thread. You are fairly certain you know the correct answer, but not completely sure. No other team members are online and it may be several hours before you could ask their opinions. What do you do?:

You are a fanclub mod currently watching the fanclub. Someone has posted on the thread with a suggestion on how to improve the game. What do you do?

You are a fanclub mod currently watching the fanclub. A user seems very confused. They do not seem to understand how to play the game correctly, and you've seen them break several rules. You have explained to them how to play multiple times but they either don't understand or ignored it. What should you do?:

You are a not a fanclub mod, just a regular user playing LOLO. You receive a trick or treat PM that is not following the rules. Their story is too short and their costume does not appear to be adequate. What do you do?:

You are a not a fanclub mod, just a regular user playing LOLO. You posted your form and you are waiting to be accepted. It hasn't been 24 hours yet, but you think you may have been skipped. What do you do?:

You are a fanclub mod currently watching the fanclub. A user posts this pet and story on the fanclub asking if it follows the rules. What do you tell them?
    Trick or Treater: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=108880329
    Story: Kitten was super excited for halloween this year! she was going to dress up as a muck monster and scare everyone! even though it was so early it was already time for her to get her costume on. She had gotten some special green glow fur paint just for the occasion. She expertly applied the paint so that it looked like she was really dripping green goop everywhere, soon she looked absolutely monstrous! She quickly grabbed her scythe and bat wings, then headed out the door on her adventure! There were so many great decorations outside, scary pumpkins and skull lanterns, but she wasn't scared! Well, maybe a little. When she came to the first house she skipped up the steps happily, and knocked. Trick or treat!

You are a fanclub mod reading some posts on the fanclub. You see a user making a lot of posts, they seem to be on the thread constantly and reply to almost everyone. Their posts all have to do with LOLO and are not so short to be considered spam, what should you do?:[/code]
    [center]Remember to PM this form to [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=52287]Celozon[/url] when you've finished filling it out![/center][/list]

Last edited by Celozon on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby britneyrox » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Hey all! Hope you are all as psyched for LOLO to begin as I am!
      To get the conversation going before the trick-or-treating begins, I'd love to hear your feedback on my pet and/or story. c:

Mabelle sat at her vanity as she applied the final bit of makeup for her vampire costume. It's too bad Leah is away at college this year and can't come trick-or-treating with me she thought as she tried to imagine her first time going without her sister. She'd contemplated not even going, but after a long phone call with Leah, she'd been convinced to go out on her own this year - at least to a few houses. She put away the make up and scrambled as she realized she'd forgotten to pick up a trick-or-treating bucket. This will do she thought, pulling her pillowcase off of her pillow as she headed out the door.

She walked down the street, scythe and pillowcase in mouth, ready to begin gathering some treats. Leah will be so jealous of all the goodies I get without her this year. Mabelle continued down the road until she reached the first house. May as well start here she thought as she approached the door. She knocked twice and stepped back, waiting for someone to answer the door. "Trick or treat!"

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:36 pm

I love your costume and I like how it is a traditional easily identifiable one. I must say I am Psyched for this because it is my first year and seems like a great concept.
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Intro and First Replies

Postby NovaSkye » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 am

Hi everyone! I'm NovaSkye, but if you wanna call me Nova, I'm totally cool with that. This is my second year as a mod for this lovely thread, and I'm happy to assist you all in any way I can!
      If you need costumes, story help, advice, or any other sort of help, just shoot over a PM and I'll respond as soon as I can! I have plenty of spare items I'm absolutely willing to share, as long as it goes with the idea you have. I even have full costumes if this is your first year to LO/LO, or you recently joined CS.

For those of us who like to stay organized: I have my spreadsheet from last year's game if you would like to use it! It keeps track of who has visited, and how many times! As well as who you have visited, and how many times. You can also keep track of treats and tricks both received and given! You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing and the instructions for saving is the title!

@Britneyrox: As always, your story is absolutely lovely! It's simple, yet detailed to get a nice understanding of what is going on. The costume is very inspired, and I love the little ghostie family!
        @Brackensnake: Welcome to LO/LO! I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun playing with us<3
Last edited by NovaSkye on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
I used to love this site. I was very active, helped around with LO/LO, and engaged in the adopt communities. I found myself losing interest and seeing more toxicity on here and from people here over on other websites. I don't find myself on here anymore and I doubt I'll come back. To my friends: I miss you. I hope you're well. Hopefully 2020 gets better for us. See you on the other side.
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abxy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:04 am

A'llo there! I haven't posted my application yet (mainly because I haven't written my story yet!), but I'd like to show what I want to use as the costume to get some opinions first.
Recognizable enough?
I'll be stating in the story what the costume is too.
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:26 am

Pet's name: Luke Skywalker
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Can you tell who he is if not?
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:53 am

Hey guys!
This is the second time I am doing this, and since I've changed, well, everything compared to last year, I'd love to hear some feedback regarding my costume and story!
I am aware my costume isn't the best out there, but that's due to the fact that I have next to no useful items. Do you think this is sufficient?

She knew the time was almost ripe. The air tasted like carved pumpkins, and as she looked out her window she saw the colourful leaves falling from the tree in her small garden, gently dangling in the wind. She couldn't help but smile and drew a staggering breath, suddenly shuddering with excitement.
Truly, tonight was Halloween.
The past hours had passed slower than a snail moving backwards on a turtle moving forwards, if you asked her. She had been ready to go out and trick or treat since the moment she'd opened her eyes in the morning, but her best friend would not allow it.
But now it was getting darker outside, and she finally could put on all her makeup. Her paws felt terribly stiff, but she would survive it. She then donned her wings, which fit perfectly to her dark fur colour, and grabbed a bag.
Before she left the house, she phoned her friend Sapphire.
"Are you ready?" she asked.
"You bet" Sapphire answered, excitement in her voice.
"So we start now? Three hours, I'd say."
"Four and we meet at my home."
"Deal. Prepare for losing."
"You wish!"
She laughed silently as she put her mobile away and left the house.
Closing the door behind her, she thought about which way to take. She'd have to go into the city center, for sure. But four hours would be more than enough to beat her friend at collecting candy.
Greeting some of her neighbours who also got ready for trick-or-treating, she chose the shortest route, leading right through the local graveyard. She was a bit nervous, but not too much. All the fun she was going to have today was more than worth it.
Looking left and right, she trotted past the tombs, shivering.
It's alright, she told herself. It's Halloween, after all. It's supposed to be spooky. You're a big girl.
And she was, so she had to be brave and walk through the cemetery with her head held high and her heart pounding.
It was getting darker and she almost reached the other end when she saw a dim light somewhere to her left. She turned towards it and tilted her head, holding her breath. What's that?
She glanced at the exit for a moment and then decided to check out whatever was hiding behind that trees. Pushing through brushes she slowly got forward and noticed that the light was getting more intense the closer she got.
With a final bit of effort she managed to push through a wall of thorns without ripping her costume, and reached a small clearing.
Now she could that it was not one light but indeed several white orbs floating in the air, humming deeply.
She ought to be scared, but she wasn't. Instead she felt... peaceful? A cool breeze caught in her wings and slightly flapped them. The leaves behind her were whispering, but her gaze was fixed on the lights.
They started to move towards her, and she slowly paced in their direction.
One after another they began to slowly circle her, their hums getting up and down with the flickering of their brightness.
She tried to keep the biggest of them in sight and turned around herself, but she soon grew confused and dizzy, so she stopped.
And suddenly, it was over. The magic was gone, as abruptly as it had appeared.
She looked after them as they rose up into the sky, fading against the nightsky.
What just happened?, she wondered.
Wasting a moment, she stood in amazement. That was, until she remembered.
Aw, man! I have something to do!
She looked around for one last time and sped into the direction of the exit again, fighting her way back through the bushes and woods.
Soon, she reached the first house. It was beautifully decorated and appeared inviting to her.
She bit her tongue. I can't let Sapphire win!
Gathering all her confidence, she went up to the door. She put up her most beautiful smile, made a fist and knocked gently.
"Trick or Treat?"
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:11 am

Heliveric wrote:A'llo there! I haven't posted my application yet (mainly because I haven't written my story yet!), but I'd like to show what I want to use as the costume to get some opinions first.
Recognizable enough?
I'll be stating in the story what the costume is too.

Looks good! Its pretty obvious what it is to anyone who has played the game, though as always with characters from games/movies/books/ect we suggest you say somewhere in the story who they are dressed as for the users who won't recognize it.

Brackensnake wrote:Image
Pet's name: Luke Skywalker
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Can you tell who he is if not?

I think it could use a bit more, though I know its not always easy to dress up some characters. Maybe you could try going more of a jedi outfit? I'm not sure if we have any good brown cloak items for that, but that would be easier for people to recognize.

Flatterina wrote:Hey guys!
This is the second time I am doing this, and since I've changed, well, everything compared to last year, I'd love to hear some feedback regarding my costume and story!
I am aware my costume isn't the best out there, but that's due to the fact that I have next to no useful items. Do you think this is sufficient?

(cut out the story to save space)

I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to be dressed as, but it sounds like you are using the pet's design as part of, if not the whole costume. You're story never says what their costume is which also causes some confusion. The whole costume needs to be items that were added to the pet. This is the example I like to use;
^this image is directly from the archive, the pet doesn't have any items added, so if someone tried to use this pet as their trick or treater, it would be declined because the pet is not dressed up. If its not an item added to the pet, it cannot count as part of the costume.

That said, if you don't have a whole lot of items, there are users who give out items and costumes. Check out the 'costume help' post on the first page main thread, at the bottom of that post is where I put all the users who are giving out free costumes. Just be sure to read the instructions for asking for those items.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:35 am

Celozon wrote:
(cut out the story to save space)

I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to be dressed as, but it sounds like you are using the pet's design as part of, if not the whole costume. You're story never says what their costume is which also causes some confusion. The whole costume needs to be items that were added to the pet. This is the example I like to use;
^this image is directly from the archive, the pet doesn't have any items added, so if someone tried to use this pet as their trick or treater, it would be declined because the pet is not dressed up. If its not an item added to the pet, it cannot count as part of the costume.

That said, if you don't have a whole lot of items, there are users who give out items and costumes. Check out the 'costume help' post on the first page main thread, at the bottom of that post is where I put all the users who are giving out free costumes. Just be sure to read the instructions for asking for those items.

I added the petrified body parts, only the wings were part of its design anyway.
Hm, I didn't really want to dress it up as something recognizable, it's more like... a petrified cat, thats all. But maybe I can put that in the story.
If this can still not be counted as a costume I'll give the costume help a try.

Edit: I could make her a salmon too, but it would be more cute than spooky.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me