Official Lestril Pets Thread

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Official Lestril Pets Thread

Postby Teeze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:01 pm

This is the official thread for the Lestril pets.

You do not need to own a Lestril Pet to join in on the conversation here.

Dandolms
You can find the Dandolm adoption thread here.
And the Dandolm archive here (No posting).

Kemblies
You can find the Kembly adoption thread here.
And the Kembly archive here (No posting).

Contents
Rules, Staff, and Members (This Post)
News, Unclaimed Items, and Event Calendar
Lestril Location Information
General FAQ
Domesticated Lestril Pets FAQ
Non-Domesticated Lestril Pets FAQ
Wild Species FAQ
Extra Post
Extra Post
Extra Post

Rules:
[>]If you have been blacklisted in the adoption threads then you are also blacklisted here and may not post
[>]No mini modding
[>]No fighting
[>]No whining or boasting about losing or winning one of my species

What this thread is for
[>]General Lestril Pet related conversation
[>]Talking about particular Lestril Pet designs
[>]Giving design suggestions
[>]Asking for critique on your forms
[>]Sharing art or stories about your Lestril Pets

Note: If you are looking for critique then you should post the form, story, or picture that you are wanting critiqued so it will be easier for others to see it and respond; without them having to go looking for it somewhere else.

Staff:
At the moment I am not accepting more staff, when I am ready to hire someone then I will choose one or more of the people already on the staff for the adoption threads.
Teeze

Members:
You become a member by showing interest in adopting one of my species on the adoption threads or by asking here, there is no form.
nightwane
<3Fenris<3 (aka Princess Cadence, Queen Chrysalis)
Apollo Fon Friso (aka DedicatedDirectioner)
Kale_dragon_keeper
Rycia
SpartanAmethyst
*Blackberry*
FourCrosses
mileshorse21
GlitterFurri (aka .:Foxes:.)
livXforever (aka Forever Sun)
Thief (aka albinny trancy)
~AlphaWolf~
zick3

Guests are welcome anytime too.
Last edited by Teeze on Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 am, edited 26 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Official News, Unclaimed Items, Event Calendar

Postby Teeze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:24 pm

News:

May 25, 2012
I have just added this news section which will be used for general news about all seven adoptable species.

August 3, 2012
I added another rule to the adoption post on the Dandolm Adoption thread and made some of the rules bold so they would stand out more.

August 4, 2012
I added a couple more answers to the FAQ posts below.

August 18,2012
I added an event calendar to the bottom of this post. This will show all events being held on my seven speices adoption threads.

August 25, 2012
I have introduced my next species the Kemblies to ChickenSmoothie, including both an archive and an adoption thread for them.

August 27, 2012
I have added information below about Lestril, the location that the Dandolms and Kemblies are from.

October 25, 2012
I have rearranged the advertisement posts in my Dandolm and Kembly threads and added links to the other species in each.

May 7, 2013
I have moved the rules in both the Dandolm and Kembly adoption threads so that they are all on the rules posts instead of being spread throughout the threads. I also rearranged the order that some of the posts were in. I did a bit of renovating here. And I also decided not to provide shops for Chibi and Pixel versions of my pets in the items posts since I don't have time to make the several versions of the same adoptable.

Unclaimed Items:
Kale has a free Dandolm breeding:

GlitterFurri has 2 free Dandolm breedings:
ImageImage

Event Calendar:
These are the months that I plan on holding an event every year, but it may change depending on how much time I have during those months. I may also hold events at any other time of year depending on how I feel.

February (Dandolm Pup Adoptions)
April
July
August (Because of my Birthday)
September (Because of my Sister's Birthday)
October (Kembly Egg Adoptions)
December
Last edited by Teeze on Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lestril Location Information

Postby Teeze » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:38 pm

The Continent of Lestril
Image coming soon

Terrain
Lestril is a continent that has been discovered in the Pacific Ocean and although it is not a large continent it is big enough to have several different terrains, from jungles to deserts and there is even a large mountain and several smaller ones as well as a few good sized lakes.

Images of individual areas coming soon.

Natural Inhabitants
Besides the Dandolms and Kemblies there are also many other animals that live on Lestril, most are like those on other continents but there are a few creatures that cannot be found anywhere else and some cannot be tamed. There is also a plentiful supply of bugs and insects in all colors, shapes, and sizes from simple bees and ants to annoying mosquitoes and even some moths and dragonflies that glow in the dark.

More about different animals coming soon.

Vegetation
Lestril has a wide range of plants; most are fairly common types seen elsewhere in the world, but some can only be found here on the continent, many of which glow in the dark.

More about different plants coming soon.

Human Influence
There are several towns and cities that have popped up all across Lestril since its discovery. Some cities have grown quiet large becoming busy commercial hubs similar to New York or Tokyo while others have remained rural due to either the lack of interest in the location or the harsh climate or landscape of the area. There are even a few places that have become popular vacation and tourist spots, seeing large numbers of human visitors every year. But despite the growing human population on the continent the majority of Lestril is still wild and natural with little to no human interference.

More about individual cities and towns coming soon.
Last edited by Teeze on Wed May 08, 2013 11:59 am, edited 20 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General FAQ

Postby Teeze » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:38 pm

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
The Questions Answered Here:
How do I get the code for my adopted pet/character?
Why was my adoption form not accepted?
Why can't these species be drawn in antro form?
Why can't I use these species in any roleplay I want?

How do I get the code for my adopted pet/character?
There are a couple of ways to get your code.
You can get it by right clicking on the image of your character in the Archive and then going to the properties of the image and copying the image URL(address) into the image tag in this code
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1039275][img]Put the URL right here[/img][/url]
(This code box can also be found at the bottom of the Adoptions, Add-ons, and Breeding posts on the Adoptions thread.) In the case of puppies you can also right click the image in the pup pickup area.

The image URL can also be gotten by clicking on the name of your character in the post that shows the owners and their adopted characters on the Adoption thread. The image URL will be the URL in the address bar of your browser and you would put it in the same place in the code (you will only be able to get adult images through this post though. For baby and teen images as well as images with items you will need to go to either the Add-ons or Breeding posts, the archive, or ask me for the code).

Another option is always just to ask me and I'll send the code(s) to you.

Note: Please be sure to use all of the code in the code box and not just the image tag. Here is an example of what your code should look like.
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1039275][img]http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae114/PeachAlley/Dandolms/Pups/GrissBaby.png[/img][/url]
Which will get you a clickable image like this:
(Do not use this image it is just an example.)

I can also get you an HTML code if you want it, but you'll have to tell me where you plan on using it.

Anyone caught using a code (displaying a pet/character) that does not belong to them will be blacklisted and any characters they may have will be taken away.
And once again, please don't take your characters off of ChickenSmoothie without my permission (fan art is ok to take off as long as you give me credit for the design, link to this thread, and let anyone who may see it know that I am the only one who can create the characters). Just ask me and I will most likely say yes.

Why was my adoption form not accepted?
The most common reasons for me not to accept a form are:
The rank is not correct or
The description is not acceptable.

For my Lestril Pets, I usually have the ranks described in at least one paragraph in the Species Standards post on the Adoption threadand in the same section I also have a straight forward list of all the ranks in order. I also describe all the ranks here in the Official Thread in the next post down.

The main problems I see with the descriptions have to do with them either being too short (they must be More than one sentence), they do not describe the personality of the Dandolm (which is what that section of the form is for), or they do not stick to the species standards.
The descriptions do not have to be really long. When I say they have to be more than one sentence I mean that I want to see at least one sentence Plus something else that describes the personality of the character. It could be some more simple sentences, a list of likes/dislikes, a picture that shows the personality, a poem, a short story, or anything else that shows what the character is like.

Why can't these species be drawn in antro form?
Because they are natural animals that cannot use tools or magical powers to change into other forms. You can draw them in any style you want though, including chibi or pixel, they just have to stay in their original animal form.

Why can't I used these species in any roleplay I want?
Because I had created them with the intention of making a roleplay for them, and if they are used in unofficial roleplays then there is a good chance that they will be used in a way that goes against their species standards. Because of that I am only allowing them to be used in roleplays that I have control over.
Last edited by Teeze on Thu May 23, 2013 9:36 am, edited 13 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Official Domesticated Pets FAQ

Postby Teeze » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Domesticated Lestril Pets FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
What rank should I make my Dandolm?
What rank should I make my Kembly?

What rank should I make my Dandolm?
There is a list of all the ranks as well as descriptions of all of them in the Species Information post of the Adoption thread.

These are not in order here.

Pup
Pups are Dandolms that are younger than 4 months old. The personality of the Dandolm doesn’t matter, if they are that age then they are in the Pup rank.
Dandolms that you post forms for in normal adoptions cannot be pups; there are however pup adoptions.

Apprentice
Adolescents or teens are between 4 months and 1 year old and are usually in the Apprentice rank. (Dandolms that you post forms for in normal adoptions cannot be less than 1 year.)
Apprentices are those that are still learning how to hunt or gather or they are Dandolms who know how but are no good at those activities.

Hunter/Forager
Hunters and Foragers all do the same jobs: gather plants for food, go on hunts, and protect the weaker members of the pack when they are being attacked by predators or other Dandolms. However, Hunters focus on gathering food by hunting and Foragers tend to get more food by gathering plants.
Because Hunters and Foragers have several jobs they can have just about any personality.

Nanny
Dandolms in the Nanny rank can be male or female as long as they like pups and are caring enough to tend to their needs.
Nannies do go on hunts if there is another Nanny or a parent to watch the pups and they will fight to protect the pups; however Nannies can also hate violence and never hunt or fight.

Omega
Omegas never fight; and there could be several reasons for that, but mostly it is because they are either to afraid or because they are very weak. Omegas are not very dominant at all and sometimes even listen to the pups. Dandolms in this rank can also be very dependent on others for most if not all of their needs.

Elder
Elders are usually older Dandolms that used to be either Hunters, Nannies, or even Alphas that are no longer able to function in those ranks. The main thing that determines if a Dandolm is an Elder is the amount of knowledge that they have. The older a Dandolm is the more they know, however younger Dandolms that are very smart can be Elders too. They are usually fairly weak but many can still go on hunts and almost all can still gather plants.

Alpha
Alphas are very dominant and most others can’t help but listen to them; they are also pretty strong and smart. Alphas can be just about any age but are usually middle age since it helps if they have more experience. Dandolms can become Alpha in several ways including inheritance from their parents, overthrowing the current Alphas, or making a new pack of their own.

Dandolms that don't mind violence would be Hunters/Foragers, Elders, Apprentices, Alphas, and Nannies. If a Dandolm doesn't like violence then it would be an Omega, Elder or Apprentice or it could still be in the hunter/forager rank but does more gathering instead of hunting. Alphas may not like violence either but their positions usually require them to defend their rank and their pack so they may not have a choice.

What rank should I make my Kembly?
There is a list of all the ranks as well as descriptions of all of them in the Species Information post of the Adoption thread.

These are not in order here.

Adult
These are the rank you will most likely make your Kembly since most Kemblies being adopted are regular adults and not leaders.

Elders
This is not considered a rank unless another Kembly is looking to an elder for advice or guidance. Otherwise any Kembly over 50 or so can be considered an elder.

Leaders
This is not considered a rank unless the Kemblies are migrating or some of them are having a dispute. Leaders also make most of the major decisions in the colonies. You can make one of your Kemblies a leader in your own colony but if you join the roleplay with it then it will have a different rank.

Chicks, Adolescents, and Challenged
Chicks and Adolescents are just the young members of the colonies and are always lower in rank than the older Kemblies, and Chicks are lower in rank than the Adolescents. Chicks are up to 6 months of age and Adolescents are from 6 months to 1 year.

Challenged Kemblies can be the same rank as either chicks or adolescents depending on how challenged they are. Challenged Kemblies can be any age and have mental or physical challenges that make it harder for them to do things that other Kemblies their age can do. The exception to this is if your Kembly is getting weaker just because it is getting old, Elders can be weaker than younger Kemblies but that doesn't make them Challenged.
Last edited by Teeze on Thu May 23, 2013 9:23 am, edited 17 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Official Non-Domesticated Pets FAQ

Postby Teeze » Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 am

Non-Domesticated Lestril Pets FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
What are non-domesticated Lestril Pets?

What are non-domesticated pets?
Non-domesticated Lestril Pets are wild animals that people keep as pets, similar to the way some people keep big cats. They will be adoptable in the future but are not available now.
Last edited by Teeze on Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Official Wild Species FAQ

Postby Teeze » Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 am

Wild Lestril Species FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
What are the wild Lestril species?

What are the wild Lestril species?
There are many wild species found on Lestril that cannot be tamed. These will not be available for adoption but you will be able to use them in your art and stories and they will also appear in the roleplay as NPCs.

There is currently no further information on any of the wild species.
Last edited by Teeze on Wed May 08, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Official Extra Post

Postby Teeze » Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 am

Reserved.
Last edited by Teeze on Wed May 08, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Official Extra Post

Reserved.
Last edited by Teeze on Wed May 08, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Official Extra Post

Reserved.
You may now post.
I would like to own 1 of every pet; no more, no less.

My Narakari | My GoS | My Dressups

Centaur Adopts
[Closed | Open]

I'm back on MagiStream!
ImageImageImage

I am also Teeze on Aywas (ID# 47799) and ToyHou.se
I am GreywaterAlley on Flight Rising (No space in my username)

Image | Viscet Adopts
Please let them know you found them through my sig.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me